NHL'94 Forums

carses trade is not too late?

hokkeefan

i do 5000 trades n not stack the best players and 1 fkin trade fucked the teeter totter gretzky n zhit n for s**t ,congrats carse in finals easily,good job.klcarse

ya i agree this is some gay fkin cheese bs

Carse trades:

Brian Bradley adp 28

Sergei Makarov adp 57.6

Glen Wesley adp 86.4

to wookie for

Wayne Gretzky adp 20.8

Alexei Zhitnik adp 53.6

Darren Turcotte adp 156.4

Everyone please stop crying its a game for cripes sake. If you look at average draft positions for last 7 seasons the trade is reasonable carse wins but not by a lot. Each player in the deal brings a unique skill to the table. Wookie gets a light weight shooter and top passer and agile goid dman amd carse gets best playmaker a very good light dman and an average 3rd F.

Carse trades:

Brian Bradley adp 28

Sergei Makarov adp 57.6

Glen Wesley adp 86.4

to wookie for

Wayne Gretzky adp 20.8

Alexei Zhitnik adp 53.6

Darren Turcotte adp 156.4

Everyone please stop crying its a game for cripes sake. If you look at average draft positions for last 7 seasons the trade is reasonable carse wins but not by a lot. Each llayer

Can you please only use at least GDL 6 and up?

Gretzky > Bradley

Zhitnik >>> Wesley

Makarov > Turcotte

Carse >>> Wook in the end

Why 6 and up? Weight bug has been known since gdl 3

GDL 3

---------

1.2 - Lemieux - BS

1.10 - Sakic - BS

1.15 - Sandstrom - BS

1.16 - Bourque - "somehow, the Blues manage to bring in the best D man in the game with the 16th overall pick, as Ray Bourque is now a Blue."

2.13 - Hull - BS

2.15 - Turgeon - BS

"Curse you and your good picking Jamonica sad.gif (Scott Stevens 3.23)

Round 3, Pick 24: New Jersey select Cam Neely. Too good to pass up at this point."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GDL 4

---------

1.1 - Belfour - Fail

1.5 - Roy - Fail

1.7 - Bure - 10/10 Draft Steal

1.8 - Sakic - Fail

1.9 - Mogilny - 15/10 Draft Steal

1.15 - Fuhr - Fail

1.18 - Bourque - Fail

1.19 - Lemieux - Fail

1.21 - Sandstrom - Fail

2.20 - Tikkanen - Fail

2.23 - Juneau - Was a 1st rounder in GDL X

----------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I'm trying to say

Edited by PlabaxV2

GDL 3

---------

1.2 - Lemieux - BS

1.10 - Sakic - BS

1.15 - Sandstrom - BS

1.16 - Bourque - "somehow, the Blues manage to bring in the best D man in the game with the 16th overall pick, as Ray Bourque is now a Blue."

2.13 - Hull - BS

2.15 - Turgeon - BS

"Curse you and your good picking Jamonica sad.gif (Scott Stevens 3.23)

Round 3, Pick 24: New Jersey select Cam Neely. Too good to pass up at this point."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Youve obviously done the work. What is there ADP since GDL 6?

Bottom line it for the people complaining. We cancel an earlier trade we deemed unfair and people cry we're trade nazi's. we then become more liberal and let all trades go through and now others complain we're not strict enough.

We'll have to figure out a better way for future GDL drafts. But as far as this season goes. All trades posted in Raphs trade post are final.

Lets get this show n the road.

Bottom line it for the people complaining. We cancel an earlier trade we deemed unfair and people cry we're trade nazi's. we then become more liberal and let all trades go through and now others complain we're not strict enough.

We'll have to figure out a better way for future GDL drafts. But as far as this season goes. All trades posted in Raphs trade post are final.

Lets get this show n the road.

You became more liberal because you wanted to reverse a trade after the trade deadline was over. Now you can't get mad at others for bending the rules because you already did yourself, so this is what ended up happening. Everyone can say it's just a game but who wants to play a game where the good players have unfair advantages

You became more liberal because you wanted to reverse a trade after the trade deadline was over. Now you can't get mad at others for bending the rules because you already did yourself, so this is what ended up happening. Everyone can say it's just a game but who wants to play a game where the good players have unfair advantages

We were actually more liberal prior to extending the deadline. Which rule are you complaining about, the extended deadline or unfair trade? Seems like you're confusing issues you're trying to argue. Feel free to discuss on AIM too, unless you prefer the public drama.

Btw, plabax well thought out argument backed up by facts. Youre right about even gdl 3.

Actually, GDL 6 and 7 aren't much better. You have to start from GDL 8, that's when people were really recognizing the bug.

GDL 8

---------

Lemieux - 2.14 - Dropped by 36 from GDL 3

Sakic - 1.13 - Dropped by 3 from GDL 3 but is NOT a top 10 player

Bourque, Sandstrom, Hull and Turgeon - Not even taken in the 2nd round

Neely - 4.14 - Dropped by 14 from GDL 3

-----------------------------------------

Trade Analysis

Wayne Gretzky - GDL 8 - 1.19 | GDL 9 - 1.10 | GDL X - 1.9 | Average = 12.6

V.S

Brian Bradley - GDL 8 - 1.22 | GDL 9 - 1.19 | GDL X - 1.23 | Average = 21.3

Advantage Gretzky by 8.7. 1-0 Carse

-------------------------------------------------------

Alexei Zhitnik - GDL 8 - 2.13 | GDL 9 - 3.15 | GDL X - 2.16 | Average = 46

V.S

Glen Wesley - GDL 8 - 4.16 | GDL 9 - 4.13 | GDL X - 4.19 | Average = 86

Advantage Zhitnik by 40. 2-0 Carse

-------------------------------------------------------

Darren Turcotte - GDL 8 - 5.18 | GDL 9 - 7.21 | GDL X - 6.16 | Average = 135.6

V.S

Sergei Makarov - GDL 8 - 3.11 | GDL 9 - 2.16 | GDL X - 3.6 | Average = 49.6

Advantage Makarov by 86. 2-1 Wook

--------------------------------------------------------------

Results - | 86 - 48.7 | = 37.3 for Wookiee

-----------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Wookiee moves up more spots... But that's because Carse has already fucked houly into getting a stacked team so his 3rd forward (Makarov) will become Wookie's 2nd Forward and Brian Bradley. who was Carse's 2nd Forward is now Wookiee's 1st Forward.

Now if you look at it Carse's 1st Forward (Petr Klima) and 2nd Forward (Wayne Gretzky) are much much better than Wookie's 1st and 2nd Forwards (Brian Bradley and Sergei Makarov respectively). Not to mention that Carse now has Alexei Zhitnik on defense along with the fact that Carse has TWO Top 15 players and Wookiee has a late 1st rounder and a early 3rd rounder. :glare:

Carse gets to move up from a player usually picked 21st to a player that's usually picked 13th and gets a top defender usually picked in the first two rounds for a defender usually picked in the 4th round... For the cost of swapping 3rd forwards with Wookiee.

So in reality the trade was -- Swap 3rd forwards and lose value in your 1st rounder and trade a top defenseman for a scrub defenseman.

:girl:

EDIT : All this work only to find out that the trade is finalized and we are getting this show on the road :cry:

Edited by PlabaxV2

I'm a newbie of course but I've run my my fair share of video game leagues, fantasy leagues, and even NHL94, 95, and 96 leagues on genesis back in the day keeping all results on paper.

So.

There will always be trades that favor one team over another. Sometimes there are ripoffs. Ripoffs are more a problem in dynasty leagues. Everyone's fear here isn't the trade but that carse, being a good player, might now be REALLY good. The only fair way to do things is to have everyone vote and if 70% or more say to take it back, take it back. I've been the commish that has decided if trades are fair or not and its just too much power for one person, people end up feeling powerless in the process. I call for a vote on the Carse trade. At least 70% of the participants have to vote, and to have the trade overturned 70% of the votes registered must say so.

We were actually more liberal prior to extending the deadline. Which rule are you complaining about, the extended deadline or unfair trade? Seems like you're confusing issues you're trying to argue. Feel free to discuss on AIM too, unless you prefer the public drama.

Btw, plabax well thought out argument backed up by facts. Youre right about even gdl 3.

Public dialogue is good. At work on phone. Will post more later.

My problem is this: cronies running the league didn't want tk's team to improve in sketchy deals, but yet they had no problem taking advantage of others with sketchy trades to improve their own team.

You can't have it both ways: either no sketchy trades for anyone or sketchy trades for everyone.

Edited by Wittgenstein

DA FUQ DID I JUST READ?

jk but ADP isn't the best indicator IMO.. once teams are drafted, player's draft position means very little in their value they bring to a team. EX: Wookie needed a strong shooter to center his team. What does Bradley being drafted 1.21 vs 2.5 change about the value he adds to his team? I was looking for a winger, and had to give severely downgrade my other wing to get what I wanted. I wasnt thinking "OH, GRETZKY'S ADP IS LOWER THAN MODANOS, I GUESS THAT MEANS MODANO WOULD HELP MY TEAM MORE THAN GRETZKY."

Trades during the draft are one thing, but when all the cards are on the table, teams will have different needs they identify through exhibition games. Other than hokkee, everyone has a pretty realistic idea of what makes a player valuable. Guys like Bradley and Modano are much more valuable to a guy who needs a center.. ADP helps give an idea WHEN TO DRAFT SOMEONE RELATIVE TO ANOTHER PLAYER, not necessarily that player 2.4 automatically will help your team more than player 2.17 just because someone decided to draft player 2.4.

DA FUQ DID I JUST READ?

jk but ADP isn't the best indicator IMO.. once teams are drafted, player's draft position means very little in their value they bring to a team. EX: Wookie needed a strong shooter to center his team. What does Bradley being drafted 1.21 vs 2.5 change about the value he adds to his team? I was looking for a winger, and had to give severely downgrade my other wing to get what I wanted. I wasnt thinking "OH, GRETZKY'S ADP IS LOWER THAN MODANOS, I GUESS THAT MEANS MODANO WOULD HELP MY TEAM MORE THAN GRETZKY."

Trades during the draft are one thing, but when all the cards are on the table, teams will have different needs they identify through exhibition games. Other than hokkee, everyone has a pretty realistic idea of what makes a player valuable. Guys like Bradley and Modano are much more valuable to a guy who needs a center.. ADP helps give an idea WHEN TO DRAFT SOMEONE RELATIVE TO ANOTHER PLAYER, not necessarily that player 2.4 automatically will help your team more than player 2.17 just because someone decided to draft player 2.4.

The trade being a win/win is irrelevant because although it may not seem like it to most, witt argued that it was a win/win but he was still shut down.

The trade being a win/win is irrelevant because although it may not seem like it to most, witt argued that it was a win/win but he was still shut down.

Right. And that's the problem: people like raph and swos and ice wanted it both ways, depending on which held down tk and helped their team. They say it's just a game, but then they pause rage when they let up a goal and won't let their main threat, tk, improve his team. They made it clear that tk could not get mogilny under any circumstances Edited by Wittgenstein

Right. And that's the problem: people like raph and swos and ice wanted it both ways, depending on which held down tk and helped their team. They say it's just a game, but then they pause rage when they let up a goal and won't let their main threat, tk, improve his team. They made it clear that tk could not get mogilny under any circumstances

Definitely some work to do to get things improved next season. Great points Witt.

LOL U GUYS R NUTSSSSSSS :grimace:

Just spoke with Kingraph and he was okay with me joining the league. Because of this, trading season is open again for another week or so and a new rom will be created.

There will be an expansion draft as well so everyone will have to protect 8 players and then ill draft 12 players from what's left. Thanks again for your time. I don't anticipate this creating any problems or hostility.

I quit f**k this league been run down to the ground no leadership just a bunch of clowns running around with their GDL dicks cut off. The obvious solution is too install a draft cap rule but u f**k tards arent educated enough to realize

I quit f**k this league been run down to the ground no leadership just a bunch of clowns running around with their GDL dicks cut off. The obvious solution is too install a draft cap rule but u f**k tards arent educated enough to realize

1+

WTGA

Both teams won in the Carse-Wookiee deal. Carse got the best player - Gretzky. I improved my overall depth where my top 3 forwards used to be gretzky, davydov, turcotte and now it's bradley, makarov, davydov. Zhitnik is better than Wesley, but Zhit isn't Petr "9:30" Svoboda or Phil Housley.

A few things...

1. The trade was after the deadline

2. The teams are way too imbalanced. Houly has Tony Granato as his 1st forward lol... Houly's best player is worse than Carse's 3rd best player.

3. The committee shut down Witt/TK trade although it was "win/win", so why should this one be let through? Carse has two top 15 players and a top defenseman now while you have Brian Bradley, Makarov and Davydov. Brian Bradley should be paired with a TOP 2nd Rnder not Sergei Makarov (3rd Rounder).

Just saying - this team with Carse is much better than what TK would have had so I guess if there's no problem here then GDL XI should let all trades fly :)

Edited by PlabaxV2

Get To The Choppa 4:29 pm
Ya when theyre in top 15 once u get s**t like young itll offset any talent up front esp if ur not great gc

Wookiee has Mike Richter in net.

If anything below top 15 is s**t then Wookiee has s**t in net and got s**t on in the trade <_<

Edited by PlabaxV2