NHL'94 Forums

Is there anyway we can contact NHL.com to let people know about this upcoming Classic?

PlabaxV2

Just looking at the comments on the 20th anniversary of NHL '94 on NHL.com it seems that the game is extremely popular and maybe we could grow alot if NHL.com decided to let everybody know about the classic league or something.

It's indicated in the article that players are still playing the game with emulators - they definitely know that the site exists and have done nothing that we know of to this point. Anyway, shutting down the site on the 20th Anniversary would be the stupidest thing they could do.

I think there are more positives, if we can get some connection with NHL or EA.

I agree that more press is better and EA wouldn't shut us down. I look at the Tecmo example. They are 100x larger than us, have an NFL Films documentary, and they are fine. I know that EA is a different company, but it's a valid comparison.

Also --EA's CEO stepped down this week: http://herocomplex.latimes.com/games/ceo-john-riccitiello-leaves-ea/

"This is a company that, after all, won an online survey for “Worst Company in America” in 2012, beating out the much-loathed Bank of America"

Maybe the new CEO will be a '94 fan. :)

I think they realize shutting down one site isn't going to stop it anyway. Stop one, two pop up in place. We already have a bunch of league sites that are more or less independent as well.

It'd be great if the community grew even larger!

I'd love it if we could write an article - or pass on an older article talking about the advances made to the game online like the discovery of the weight-bug (and it's fix), the addition of a dedicated "goalie button". Basically all of teh retro work that has been accomplished years after the games release.

I agree we should get NHL Network to do documentary so that more people could search us up on google and find us and join our community. I mean it would be a great for people to join so A.there are more people who could join leagues B.the site could grow and get us more press and C. possibly more people who could make rom hacks and share some knowledge on those things.

Edited by saintsfan2500

Worst case scenario, EA might contact the site and demand that all hosted ROM files get taken down. There would always be ways around that (referring folks to ROM sites, distributing modified roms to email lists before each season), but I don't think they would demand an entire fan site and community be taken down.

they are a nasty sleeping bruin. I don't suggest poking them.

yes.

Not to be cynical, but trudat man has a point. EA has a long track record of being corporate bullies. It would suck if they decided we were getting too big and cutting into their profits somehow and go after us.

A better idea for EA would be to release a 20th anniversary editon of NHL 94!

This is what I have been thinking.

1. Excactly the orginal gameplay

2. Same sound/graphics

3. They don´t have rights to use original 94 rosters anymore, so there has to be "roster share". Users can create any rosters they want and share them, like they do with FIFA for example. So there can be 94 rosters and Internation Canada Cup rosters etc...

4. Tournaments, Leagues, Cups, Playoffs, you name it. Everything possible included. Even Be a Pro. Online and Offline. It would be fantastic!

I am sure that all this would be quite cheap to create. Game itself already exist.

5€ from Xboxlive, Steam or PS Store.

This is what I have been thinking.

1. Excactly the orginal gameplay

2. Same sound/graphics

3. They don´t have rights to use original 94 rosters anymore, so there has to be "roster share". Users can create any rosters they want and share them, like they do with FIFA for example. So there can be 94 rosters and Internation Canada Cup rosters etc...

4. Tournaments, Leagues, Cups, Playoffs, you name it. Everything possible included. Even Be a Pro. Online and Offline. It would be fantastic!

I am sure that all this would be quite cheap to create. Game itself already exist.

5€ from Xboxlive, Steam or PS Store.

i would so buy that!