NHL'94 Forums

Has anyone seen their controller go unresponsive on Hamachi?

buck2222

Hi, I am new to the forum. Can't wait to play online. I tried to play with my cousin last night who has had no problems with Hamachi. I played vs the computer last night to practice with no problems - everything worked great. As soon as we tried to play over Hamachi though my controller was completely unresponsive. We were able to connect on Hamachi and Netplay with no problems.

Any ideas? Any help would be very appreciated. The controller is a Retro Sega Saturn USB by Gtron. Here's a picture. Again, this thing works perfectly when it's just me vs the computer. THANKS, can't wait to play some live games.

35bc7s3.jpg

Never heard of this happening before, however I doubt that it's the controller.

My initial guess is that when you set up to play online with Hamachi, you may have clicked out of GENS (i.e. on Hamachi, the netplay windown, etc.).

Make sure to move the mouse back on to GENS and click on the GENS emulator again to make it the active window. I've seen people say their controller "went dead", but that was because they clicked on another program (even if you can still see GENS on your screen).

Let us know if that worked.

Never heard of this happening before, however I doubt that it's the controller.

My initial guess is that when you set up to play online with Hamachi, you may have clicked out of GENS (i.e. on Hamachi, the netplay windown, etc.).

Make sure to move the mouse back on to GENS and click on the GENS emulator again to make it the active window. I've seen people say their controller "went dead", but that was because they clicked on another program (even if you can still see GENS on your screen).

Let us know if that worked.

I will check that when I get home from work today. Excellent advice. Thanks.

I've definitely lost my controller, but like kingraph said, it's because of clicking AIM or Hamachi.

Clicking back will usually work immediately, though I have had instances both online and vs. CPU where the controller will lock in-game and my skater will tear off in one direction. Clicking out and back in will usually clear it up.