NHL'94 Forums

The "pass" Shot

Guest nhl92fan

Guest nhl92fan

OK a lot of people here, to my amazement, have yet to perfect or even know about "the pass shot".

I use this shot about 70% of the time, with great success.

Basically, you line your player up on the left or right side of the goalie, hold the d-pad down or up (depending on which side the goalie is on), and left or right. Or, you can aim for the 5-hole (which I do) with the pass shot. The possibilities are endless.

This works especially well for weaker teams and is a lethal weapon, once learned.

OK like I said lots of people keep asking me "how I do that", so I'd like to post a vid clip of it but I dont know how. Video is worth a thousand words so please someone explain to me the process of recording this.

I'd love to compile a whole bunch of "pass shot" goals. Thanks!

bump

I love this play. As I am beta testing my rosters (for nhlpa 93) and finding chicago needs this play to put some on the board. Had two on Detroit last night.

i love this play also!

i do it a lot, it really makes my buddies angry when it works :D

its awesome when you have a guy behind the net and you try to pass it to him, and it goes in.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a version of Gens that allows AVI in netplay?

Presently there isn't.

Iv'e been trying to contact the creator of to see if he would consider installing netplay into Gens movie maker. He's proven to be quite elusive.

It would be a boon if we could capture video through Gens during netplay, especially during the playoffs in your online league. I'm sure everyone would want to see that.

I'll let you know if I hear from him.

I checked out the source code to attempt to put netplay in the movie making gens.. and it's already there. You just need to copy over the kaillera dll and I'm pretty sure it'll work!

I tried it today.. and as soon as I started recording I was lagged.

If you successfully record, let me know but I didn't get one to work. It either lagged (out of sync) or crashed.

-Evan

Idea for anyone who wants to try:

Record a netplay game using a GYM file in gens2.12 or whatever (i've heard this is possible?). Play the GYM in Gens Movie Maker, and while the GYM is running, record a GMV (the custom movie maker format). The GMV can then be used to record an AVI.

(directly recording to AVI while playing will not work! it's too slow)