NHL'94 Forums

Classic NHL94.com Forum Topics

NHL94.com has had a thriving forum going since the early days of 2005. This thread will be a collection a classic forum posts that are probably worth a read if you haven't been around since those days.

-NHL '94 Online Leagues (started 7 April 2005)

Probably the first discussion of online leagues on the forum. This thread led to the creation of nhl94online.com and the leagues it has hosted.

-kgman's State of NHL '94 Posts (first one 16 December 2005)

kgman used to post regularly about the state of NHL '94 online. You must read his "words" for yourself.

kgman -- The State of NHL94

Kgmans on the state of NHL 94

Kgman's weekly editorial on the state of NHL 94

The state of Nhl94 by the GOAT Kgman (featuring an eloquent translation by CamKneely)

The state of NHL 94

Nhl 94 State Of The Union Address

-Stanley Cup Bug (started 13 January 2006)

The bug that lets you win the Stanley Cup every game! I didn't know about this one before.

-Ten commandments of nhl '94 (started 1 March 2006)

clockwise instructs us all...and many of us joined in with our own gems of wisdom.

-The vote for a New Evan (supreme leader) (started 4 July 2007)

kgman is at it again, this time insisting that we need to elect a new leader of NHL 94 because Evan wasn't doing a good enough job. The rest of us pointed out that Evan was doing a fantastic job.

-KG Man to arrive in Chicago (started 8 June 2007)

kgman's epic tale of traveling to Chicago.

-Interview On NHL94.com (started 16 May 2006)

Evan is interviewed by the Face Off Hockey Show about NHL '94 and the website.

-Who Is The Best Genesis Player Currently? (started 6 February 2008)

halifax asks the question. A good discussion of the good players at the time, and especially noteworthy as Evan includes a summary of winners and runners-up of the leagues played up to that point.

-SNES vs. GENS Summit Series (started 22 November 2007)

halifax decides to simulate a Summit Series using the SNES Juiced ROM (all players rated 100 in everything) and throws in the names of many, many NHL94.com coaches, producing humorous and enjoyable summaries.

Game 1

Game 2 (As I note in the thread, he floored me with one line in particular.)

Game 3

Game 4

Game 5

Game 6

Game 7

Game 8

Stats

-Favorite Forum Moment (started 13 March 2008)

halifax asks the question, and many of us respond with our favorite forum moments.

-Just When You Thought You Were The Best At Nhl94.... (started 26 January 2008)

Some guy starts a blog to show that he is the best in the world at NHL '94 by defeating the CPU repeatedly. The forum denizens try to get him to play with us online, but to no avail. The blog is no longer available.

-ESPN Page 2 article (started 13 May 2008)

halifax spots a mention of NHL '94 in an ESPN.com Page 2 article, complete with link to a NHL94.com screenshot.

-All Time W-L-D Records... (started 28 April 2008)

I ask for people's all-time online records and I get a healthy response from others.

-How to win faceoffs (started 18 May 2008)

A lengthy discussion...about how to win faceoffs.

More to come later. Feel free to add your own to this thread.

what did Kage say when you proposed? the suspense is killing me!

haha...nice thread! I was looking back at the summit series roster. My how times have changed. I think I counted only 5 GENS players that still play in online leagues and 3 from SNES.