NHL'94 Forums

SPRING CLASSIC 2013 LEAGUE BEGINS

chaos

NOTE: If the site does not display things properly, please RESET YOUR BROWSER'S CACHE (Example: Some things are too far left on the page). Please do a search on the internet to see how to do that for your browser.

SPRING 2013 CLASSIC LEAGUE BEGINS!

Team schedules are up and games can now be logged on the nhl94online site.

We have 6 league levels total (3 GENS, 3 SNES), with a total of 80 teams!

Admins For This Season: chaos, nhl94halifax, KingRaph.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact one of us. PM is the preferred method.

IMPORTANT LINKS:

HOW TO: Log a Game with a Save State on NHL94Online.com - Everyone needs to read this.

HOW TO: Create a Savestate File - GENS

HOW TO: Create a Savestate File - SNES

Some important links for new coaches:

League Website - http://www.nhl94online.com/

Getting Started - Getting Started

Rules - http://www.nhl94online.com/html/rules.php

Registration (for coaches who missed initial registration, and wish to be replacements) - Registration

Waiting List - http://www.nhl94online.com/html/waiting-list.php

Edit User Profile (if you wish to change any of your information) - http://www.nhl94online.com/html/updateuser.php

---------------------------------------------

First off, we will be using save states this season, instead of the old logging method. It is important you read the first link at the top of this thread!

Second, I would really like to thank DaDonch and Smozoma for helping me out. DaDonch was kind enough to let me use his Uploader as a template for setting this all up. Smozoma helped me out with a few questions I had. I also modeled a lot of the new pages (all of them, actually ;)) to be similar to the Blitz league layout. Thank you both! 2 of the greatest guys this community has.

Also, special thanks to c4outlaws for helping me with some zero hour bugs!!

I have a feeling there will be some kinks to work out. All the programming was done from the ground up for this, and there is only so much I can do to test it. So PLEASE LET ME KNOW if there are any bugs or problems with the stats, uploading games, etc.

For those of you who have forgotten how the site works, or for the new coaches in the league, a game is played and logged as follows:

1. Contact the coach you would like to play on AIM.

You can find their AIM by going to the nhl94online.com site. Choose the Classic '94-Spring 2013 league from the drop-down "League Selection" menu on the menu bar. Choose the "League Level" you were assigned (all new coaches are in "B1 and B2" leagues) in the left-hand column and click on your Team. Your "Coach Page" should come up, and you can see which teams you have games remaining against. Click on that team's name in the left-hand column and that team's coach page should load. On the right hand side of the page, there is an area which contains the coach's AIM name. You can contact them in this manner to schedule a game. You can also choose the "Teams & Schedules" page from the menu bar and this will list all the coaches in the league and their AIM screen names. I suggest adding everyone in your league to your buddy list. AIM is what we use to contact coaches and set up games. Once you contact the coach, add them to your Hamachi network (or join theirs) and set up the game.

2. Play the game.

Play the game against the selected coach. When playing a game against a coach, the home team hosts the game (this matters for the GENS emulator; in ZSNES it doesn't matter who hosts, as you can switch team control). Once the game is complete, a save state must be taken and uploaded to the site (either coach can do this, please decide who will perform the upload beforehand). This is done on the "Coach Page" that displays your schedule. By clicking on your team's name in the left-hand column, you access your "Coach Page". Games that you have at home will have a "Log a Game" link next to it. Choose the game that has been played, and upload the file. Type in your password (that you used when you registered for the nhl94online.com site) to log the game. Once this is done, the game is uploaded and the stats on the site will update.

NOTE: If an incorrect save state was uploaded and has already been processed by the site (both coaches didn't realize the score was wrong and it was confirmed), please PM me, Halifax, or Kingraph. We will need to correct it.

Also, the schedule does not need to be played in order. It is encouraged to get all your games in with an opponent at one time.

Checkpoints

The season will be 40 games long. There will be WEEKLY CHECKPOINTS. You are required to play 6 games a week. If you miss a checkpoint, you will run the chance of being replaced. Coaches who are confirmed on the Waiting List will be used for replacement. This is to speed up the season so we can hopefully complete the playoffs before the holidays. I do not think this is asking much, and most of the guys in the league are easy to reach and are active in the forums.

If you cannot find a coach and would like to try to schedule a time to play, please use the "Schedule a Game" forum on this site or send them a message on AIM, or use the forum PM. Please make an effort to reach your checkpoints!

Also, the 6 games a week is a minimum . Feel free to play more games than that. For example, if you play 12 games in the first week, then you already satisfy the first 2 checkpoints. It's easy to get to this 6 game point, since most coaches you play multiple games against and everyone likes getting all the games against a single coach in at the same time.

Regular Season

The regular season consists of 40 games.

Each league has a different schedule:

GENS-A - 5 each against division teams, 4 each against conference teams, 3 each against other conference

GENS-B2 - 4 each against division teams, 3 each against conference teams, 2 each against other conference

SNES-A - 4 each against division teams, 3 each against conference teams, 2 each against other conference

SNES-B1 and B2 - 4 games against everyone

GENS-B1 - A little different. You each play at least 4 games against conference foes (most play 5 games, with the exception of 4 teams (RoBro and jer_33 - you guys only play 4 games against each conf. foe).

You each will also play at least 2 games against the other conference - 1 of those teams you will have a 3rd game against. (The 2 teams above play 2 games against the other conference, while playing each other 4 times - RoBro vs. jer_33)

Playoffs

Playoff series will be best-of-7.

Requirements to make the playoffs will be posted soon.

Also, NP (negative points) will be applied to missed games at the end of the season. This could hurt your playoff seeding! If you weren't able to play certain games vs. your opponent you will be given NPs. You will lose two points for every unplayed game. So play early and play often!

For the new coaches, the rules of the league are posted at: http://www.nhl94onli.../html/rules.php

Hamachi Networks

Due to the limitation of only allowing 5 members in a network, it is recommended that you create a network for yourself, and allow the coach you are playing against to join your network. Then, once the games are completed, you can remove the coach from your network by right-clicking on their name in Hamachi and removing them.

I would also like to point out that it is recommended to open Hamachi before starting the emulator. Also, please quit Hamachi after you are done playing for the day.

That's about all. Good luck to everyone and lets hope for another successful season!

If there are any website problems or questions about the site, or the league in general, please PM me (chaos), email me (chaos@nhl94.com), or AIM : Rage93.

Someone could've told me Wittgenstein was awesome :P

Hopefully two of the toughest games this season out of the way.

Yeah he's likely one of the big guns in your division. Whoever gets to play him, pray he doesn't booze-up beforehand because he's noticeably better after a few adult beverages. And more aggressive too!

Are we highjacking this thread?

Edited by Uncle Seth

Highjacking threads occurs occasionally on the forums.....try and avoid if you can.

For your particular discussion, we do have a GENS League Write ups forum that may be more appropriate.

Let's really push each other to get near full league completion in each division.

Can we agree on a couple nights a week where most guys will be available?

Mid week evenings are best for me - but if we could schedule another I can probably book some time.

Jer