NHL'94 Forums

Box score Error

Brutus

B1 division. I just played 2 games against gaijin & uploaded each game.

I'm 2-2 and on my coach screen it only shows 4 games played, but record shows 8 games.

It's giving me double credit for each of my last 2 games against Boston, and if you look at the box scores, it shows 2 of each of my players.

Weird. Can someone fix this?

I don't think I did anything wrong, as I'm the one who loaded my 2 losses to Seth last night, and I just hit, F5 and uploaded the save stats.

Rage93 figured it out. I guess we both uploaded the same game both times at the same time, creating the double effect.

I'd thought it wouldn't let you do that, but now we know it can happen, it's probably best to designate who uploads before the game starts.

I fixed this problem. It shouldn't happen again (hopefully). But, you should figure out who uploads the game beforehand.

This was a weird situation where they both ended up uploading at approx. the same time. This should not be able to happen again.

Thanks for letting me know.

Rage93 figured it out. I guess we both uploaded the same game both times at the same time, creating the double effect.

I'd thought it wouldn't let you do that, but now we know it can happen, it's probably best to designate who uploads before the game starts.

I like to do 'winner uploads' (or in the case of ties, perhaps the home team)

I fixed this problem. It shouldn't happen again (hopefully). But, you should figure out who uploads the game beforehand.

This was a weird situation where they both ended up uploading at approx. the same time. This should not be able to happen again.

Thanks for letting me know.

Strange, i've never seen that happen with blitz and other sites based on the blitz code. I wonder what the difference is...

Maybe make sure the game gets marked as played as the first thing you do when processing it?

• 2 weeks later...

I like to do 'winner uploads' (or in the case of ties, perhaps the home team)

Strange, i've never seen that happen with blitz and other sites based on the blitz code. I wonder what the difference is...

Maybe make sure the game gets marked as played as the first thing you do when processing it?

I wasn't doing a recheck after uploading the game to the server to see if it had already been uploaded and processed. I was only checking when the upload page was opened.

The way it happened was:

They both had the upload page open. One of them uploaded the game while the other was still choosing the game to upload. He then uploaded the game after the other coach uploaded it.

I fixed it, shouldn't happen again.