NHL'94 Forums

2on2: the Basics, Set-Up, etc.

kupuck19

2on2 - ONE OF THE BEST WAYS TO ENJOY THE BEST SPORTS GAME EVER CREATED IN ONLINE PLAY!!!

Each team plays with a Goalie, LW & C in a open, fast-paced, freestyle like game of NHL94 with four different users controlling the four skaters on the ice. To set up a 2on2 game, use the following steps:

Step 1:

Load Gens->file->netplay->mode:client

step1.png

Step 2:

Connection type: Good 20 packet(s)

step2.png

Step 3: select "Custom IP" address to enter an IP address if you already know it, if uncertain click "master servers list", use "add" tab to save good servers for later use

step3.png

Step 4: Enter server, Home team center will click "create game" -> 2on2 final.org or PHL2on2lg.bin, etc

step4.png

Step 5: Away Team Center joins as Player 2, Home Team LW joins as Player 3, Away Team LW joins as Player 4

step5.png

STEP 6: HOME CENTER hits starts -> GAGA

Edited by kupuck19

Centre generally plays manual goaltender, but should probably be agreed upon before the game so both players aren't fighting for goalie control.

You'll come to find that chemistry between teammates is very important...more important than individual skill, imo.

On the manual goalie, I agree normally there is a dominant person using the goalie (obviously should be the stronger player), but knowing when to switch is important. Here is a common example:

I'm teammates with Icestorm and Ice is Center and playing manual goalie most of the time. I get caught deep in the offensive zone and the opposing player gets on a breakaway. Ice is chasing him down and is close.

In this situation, it's unlikely that I will be able to do anything useful -- no way I can skate back in time before our opponent gets his shot. I see Ice is close and may poke check or hold, so it makes sense that I take goalie here, as Ice should continue defense with his player and I can do something useful.

Hope that makes sense.