NHL'94 Forums

Gens B1 ready to play after 11pm and before 9:30pm CST *LAG WARNING*

saintsfan2500

hey i only have 2 games out of 6 and i need to get in some games tonight to avoid the "run the risk of replacement" now i have a wifi connection (for now,i just need to find the CD-R to my USB modem cable and ill run a wired connection) and it might lag badly or just slightly depending on how much interference there is (wind,trees) so if you are up for it just hit me up (saintsfan2500) on AIM and we can play.

Are you playing in a field or something?

no the lag issue was because i was using the wrong connection when i was playing another guy in the league and i thought i was using mine

You really need to solve that lag issue before you play any more guys cause our games were brutal and almost unplayable. I don't think you need a CD. You should already have the proper cables running between your router and modem.

I'm sticking with my visual of this dude sitting out in a field w/ a joystick & a laptop trying to play some hockey wondering if the wind is going to change directions & cause a TV timeout.

Hey plabax and brutus shut up, just so you know my computer automatically connects to my neighbors wifi so i would have to manually connect to it.

You really need to solve that lag issue before you play any more guys cause our games were brutal and almost unplayable. I don't think you need a CD. You should already have the proper cables running between your router and modem.

i was playing right by my router but i wasnt using my connection i was using my neighbors so the connection was bad because i was far away from their router

Hey plabax and brutus shut up, just so you know my computer automatically connects to my neighbors wifi so i would have to manually connect to it.

i was playing right by my router but i wasnt using my connection i was using my neighbors so the connection was bad because i was far away from their router

Just plug a wire in then you won't have to spend 90 minutes playing 1 period of a game :girl:

Just plug a wire in then you won't have to spend 90 minutes playing 1 period of a game :girl:

why should i if it's my fault for not checking what connection i used? i can have wires running through the house, i mean that is why they made wifi for anyway.

Edited by saintsfan2500

my cord says "put in CD-ROM before pluggind in cable" or something like that

why should i if it's my fault for not checking what connection i used? i can have wires running through the house, i mean that is why they made wifi for anyway.

You have to check.. against certain people my connection lags on and off and I can admit that it's not the greatest.

But you are playing league games with the worst connection in '94 history. Your games make an Iceguy/Kgman game look sexy smooth!

End of story just wire up :super_man:

Edited by PlabaxV2

You have to check.. against certain people my connection lags on and off and I can admit that it's not the greatest.

But you are playing league games with the worst connection in '94 history. Your games make an Iceguy/Kgman game look sexy smooth!

End of story just wire up :super_man:

thing is you never played me with me using my OWN connection only with me using my neighbors so you can't go and say that

thing is you never played me with me using my OWN connection only with me using my neighbors so you can't go and say that

The worst connection being you playing with your neighbour's connection.. Which is why I'm telling you to wire up :glare:

The worst connection being you playing with your neighbour's connection.. Which is why I'm telling you to wire up :glare:

i rarely use that connection i just happen to be using it while playing jackandjose and forgot im pretty sure ive learned my lesson pn checking what connection i use before i play

my cord says "put in CD-ROM before pluggind in cable" or something like that

Ignore the warning. They are talking about the router most likely. If you are going to sit next to your router, you might as well use a cable. Plug it in to your laptop, and make sure you disable your wifi connection. If you don't know how to do that, the World Wide Web will help you find instructions on it.

Most of us have found that the WIFI from your router gives ample speed. We are telling you to plug in the cable as long as you sit next to the router because even with smooth play & no lag, the games tend to "drop", and you end up having to replay them if you go with the WIFI connection instead of the cable plugged in. And, they tell you to disable the WIFI after you plug in, otherwise your computer will still use the WIFI connection, and still drop games even if you are "wired"

Again, "wired" equals smooth play & no drops.

WIFI from your router equals smooth play and some drops here & there.

WIFI from your neighbor's house that somehow involve the trees & wind, bound for forum legend.

Most of us have found that the WIFI from your router gives ample speed. We are telling you to plug in the cable as long as you sit next to the router because even with smooth play & no lag, the games tend to "drop", and you end up having to replay them if you go with the WIFI connection instead of the cable plugged in. And, they tell you to disable the WIFI after you plug in, otherwise your computer will still use the WIFI connection, and still drop games even if you are "wired"

Again, "wired" equals smooth play & no drops.

WIFI from your router equals smooth play and some drops here & there.

WIFI from your neighbor's house that somehow involve the trees & wind, bound for forum legend.

hence your interests lol i feel honoured

Ignore the warning. They are talking about the router most likely. If you are going to sit next to your router, you might as well use a cable. Plug it in to your laptop, and make sure you disable your wifi connection. If you don't know how to do that, the World Wide Web will help you find instructions on it.

oh ok i didn't know i had to disable my wifi connection to make wired connection work lol

I think Brutus was using forum legend in a different respect.

yea i know that im referring to him putting me in his intrests

hey i only have 2 games out of 6 and i need to get in some games tonight to avoid the "run the risk of replacement" now i have a wifi connection (for now,i just need to find the CD-R to my USB modem cable and ill run a wired connection) and it might lag badly or just slightly depending on how much interference there is (wind,trees) so if you are up for it just hit me up (saintsfan2500) on AIM and we can play.

Holy LOL