NHL'94 Forums

ANYONE LIKE MUTANT LEAGUE HOCKEY?

I mean since it has a nhl 94 engine

used to play the s**t out of that game. and yes it is a a lot of fun

• Like 1

The game is amazing I don't like the cheating ...bribe the ref is bullshit I don't use ....also the goalie control is horrible if someone could change that it would be on level with NHL94

The game is amazing I don't like the cheating ...bribe the ref is bullshit I don't use ....also the goalie control is horrible if someone could change that it would be on level with NHL94

If your opponent bribes the ref, you gotta kill the ref, lol.

That is an interesting game, but the frame rate is too low, so it is choppy and too fast. Thats the problem with EA sports games, as they evolved Madden/NHL, the frame rate became lower, and they tried to cover this up, by making the games faster, making it even choppier.

• Like 1

Here is my link to my forum about MUTANT LEAGUE Hockey please tell me anything that I need to add. And I need to find someone that can help me make mutant league hockey online.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Mutant_League_Hockey/index.php?act=idx

• 1 month later...

Mutant League Hockey and Mutant League Football are two of the greatest creations that mankind has ever come up with. The only things rivaling them are NHL 94 and the wheel.

The wheel comes in at a distant 4th place.

• Like 1

the gameplay on mutant league hockey was pretty effin bad, but well intended.

Mutant League Football is a video game that was released in 1993 for the Sega Genesis. The game was designed using the Madden '93 engine, and features a different take on football, where the games resemble a war as much as a sporting competition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant_League_Football

Mutant League Football was much superior in terms of game play. Imagine how awesome Mutant League Hockey would have been if designed straight off the nhl94 or nhlpa93 engine? Awesome.

• 6 years later...

I love Mutant League Hockey.  I picked it up about 3 years ago, again because of Chris Alaimo's mention of it in his NHL '94 video.  Its hilarious.  And I think its a fun one to play with the person who you know isn't the biggest sports fan but you still want to play a sports-like game.  In some ways, I'm amazed at what EA / Sega got away with, with that game.  Its awesome and its not an easy one / cheap one to find out there if you're looking to find a cart somewhere.  Sure there is always emulation but I think its a great game.  

• 4 months later...

Okay, I won't lie here... I love the SNES, (Nintendo generally), but, this is one of the VERY few games, that make me envious of Genesis/Megadrive players/owners. I've never played MLH but knowing that it has the 94 engine, and watching YouTube videos of gameplay, really makes this game appealing to me. Even as a kid, way before I got into hockey, this game always looked fun to ten year old me.