NHL'94 Forums

Spring'13 GENS A Playoff Odds

kingraph

Place your bets...my odds to win the 1st round and Spring'13 Cup

Spring’13 GENS A Vegas Odds

1. Plabax (DET) - 2000
8. Begley15 (CHI) +2000

Season Series (1-0 DET – Flasox played the other 2 games)

Plabax has been on a super-hot streak now and is downright deadly with Detroit, setting scoring records and finishing in the top spot. Begley has been able to win a few games after taking over Chicago, sneaking into the 8th spot. While anything is possible with CHI, I don’t see this series lasting too long.

PREDICTION: DET in 5

2. kingraph (LA) +300
7. Carse (VAN) -300

Season Series (3-1 VAN)

There are 5 coaches (Plabax, Freydey, kingraph, IceStorm, & Carse) who have a positive GFA – GAA average and this 1st round series pits two of them against each other. While kingraph has the higher seed, the defending champ will be the favorite with VAN. If the series is anything like their regular season matchups, expect lots of goals (13.5 goals per game in their regular season games) and lots of checks. Hrudey and McLean should grab some drinks afterwards.

PREDICTION: LA in 7

3. Freydey (WPG) - 450
6. Hokkee (MTL) + 450

Season Series (2-1 WPG, 2 OT)

Freydey was the only A coach to win 30 games and finished with the best regular season win percentage. His defense and GC is always incredible, he led the league with a 3.35 GAA. Hokkee has come out and put up a great season with MTL, his best in a while. The regular season series was 2-1 WPG, with two games going into OT. Hokkee will need to play his best to give Frey a challenge, and it’ll take a tremendous effort to beat him in a 7 game series.

PREDICTION: WPG in 5

4. IceStorm (BOS) - 225
5. Vocally Caged (BUF) +225

Season Series (3-1 BOS)

An intriguing matchup. Both of these guys can catch on fire and make deep playoff runs. While I think BOS is the favorite, I would not be surprised to see Buffalo win as VC can get that offense moving in a hurry. However, IceStorm is a crafty veteran who plays a solid steady game with few mistakes. I think Donato and Sweeney frustrate the slightly heavy Mogilny.

PREDICTION: BOS in 6

ODDS TO WIN THE CUP (based on projected playoff path)

Plabax +350

Freydey +400

Carse + 400

IceStorm +500

Vocally Caged +1200

kingraph +1500

Hokkeefan + 3000

Begley15 + 5000

wtga 3rd

wtga 3rd

Conference winners are top 2 seeds. You lost 4 pts to DNP, which made you fall 2 pts behind Plabax, so he won the conference and 1st seed.

I also won my conference, though more likely Carse would have won if he played all his games.

The playoff scenario thread has been updating for weeks:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/15288-spring13-playoff-scenarios

yaaah but me and nancy played i got the savestate and i won!!

I HAVE PROOF!!!

wtv i guess

Game #40 for me was against Freydey in Classic A, and while I was not playoff bound (NO WHERE NEAR!), I was hoping to complete all 40 games in all leagues, A, B1 & B2.

Even elluded to my game against him was a sure fire 1st place over Plabax in an attempt to create enough interest to get that game played.

As evident by the final results, I failed to capture that magic moment.

Yeah, not sure why Frey or Begley didn't upload their game right after they played it? Obviously doing so after the season is over isn't fair.

Thanks for banging out all those games Brutus (and winning the Steve Larmer Iron Bud award). I was hoping we could get 100% games played in all GENS league this year, with the stats system and lots of new and motivated coaches, but I'm happy to settle at 94%.

Thanks. I think you guys did a good job of replacing guys who weren't playing.

The dead time is a killer for momentum & league activity. Reading through previous leagues when trying to figure out if I was going to go "online" with my NHL '94 gaming, I noticed a lot of high flying leagues that suddenly went dormant.

Especially, the playoffs. Should probably put limits on how long to get your series in with a moderator deciding who forfeits for not showing up if you want smooth transition in most league. Classic has such a long layoff between seasons, I don't think the need for time limitation(s) would be there.

Again, thanks for the props. Would have loved to have gotten that last game.

PREDICTION: WPG in 5
3. Freydey (WPG) - 450
6. Hokkee (MTL) + 450

Season Series (2-1 WPG, 2 OT)

Freydey was the only A coach to win 30 games and finished with the best regular season win percentage. His defense and GC is always incredible, he led the league with a 3.35 GAA. Hokkee has come out and put up a great season with MTL, his best in a while. The regular season series was 2-1 WPG, with two games going into OT. Hokkee will need to play his best to give Frey a challenge, and it’ll take a tremendous effort to beat him in a 7 game series.

Looks like your going to be right ,frey had to leave but im down 3 games to 1,some good close games but i made a few mistakes and thats all it takes.Also was my 1st playoff games with sega 6 button but it cost me a couple goals cause i push on the dpad like im trying to crush it lol,so its retired and going to try out ps2 adapter and controller

Edited by hokkeefan

? about that Hokkee/Freyday...obviously you guys are going ahead and playing your series out ahead of playoffs schedule posting and saving results to post at a later date.

However, if they change the ROM, will these updates post if they were output from a different ROM?? I've been waiting for updated ROM before playing even trying to play my playoff games. I realize all they are changing is the OT, but figure it will create a different file name and might affect save state.

? about that Hokkee/Freyday...obviously you guys are going ahead and playing your series out ahead of playoffs schedule posting and saving results to post at a later date.

However, if they change the ROM, will these updates post if they were output from a different ROM?? I've been waiting for updated ROM before playing even trying to play my playoff games. I realize all they are changing is the OT, but figure it will create a different file name and might affect save state.

I'm 98% sure it won't make a difference. The stats that are extracted won't be affected, and the savestate filename doesn't matter.

Like you said, the only difference in the new ROM will be 99 min OT.

Generally though, it's a good idea to wait for Chaos' update before playing.

I wish I wasn't at work. All this talk about playoff hockey has me hungry to play some NHL '94.

Brings me back to the "I'd miss work to play our games." line.

DEEP commitment.

I want $4,000 on Begley to sweep Plabax

Edited by Sicarius

It's a running joke I have at Begley's expense since she quit during the middle of a finals game in the '93 league that Mac started, logged out & never responded to anyone in the league since about quitting. It's one thing to lamo rage & quit, it's another to not even formally quit. Leagues been put on hold in the mean time trying to figure out if finals were going to be played, if she needed to be replaced, if new draft run, etc.

Figure if that's her mode of operation, she might show up for the beat down you are going to give her.

Begley is a nancy, right?

I still got $4k she doesn't show. Maybe she's sweet on the young ones Plabs, and you have a real shot!!!

VC and I finished up our series earlier this afternoon:

BUF - 1 @ BOS - 3

BUF - 1 @ BOS - 3

BOS - 2 @ BUF - 1

BOS - 4 @ BUF - 1

Lowest scoring series ever been in. GGS

VC and I finished up our series earlier this afternoon:

BUF - 1 @ BOS - 3

BUF - 1 @ BOS - 3

BOS - 2 @ BUF - 1

BOS - 4 @ BUF - 1

Lowest scoring series ever been in. GGS

I'm assuming you grabbed the saves?

• 2 weeks later...

1st round is over and it looks like I predicted 3 of 4 right, sadly I got my own series prediction wrong (boooooo, but ggs). However, as my cup odds go, the top 4 remain.

PREDICTION: DET in 5. Actual DET in 6 :)

PREDICTION: LA in 7. Actual VAN in 7 :angry:

PREDICTION: WPG in 5. Actual WPG in 5 :D

PREDICTION: BOS in 6 Actual BOS in 4 :)

Plabax +350

Freydey +400

Carse + 400

IceStorm +500

Vocally Caged +1200

kingraph +1500

Hokkeefan + 3000

Begley15 + 5000

2nd Round Matchups

1. Plabax (DET) - 110

4. IceStorm (BOS) + 100

Season Series (3-2 DET)

This will be a great matchup. The superstar newcomer vs the crafty veteran. IceStorm held VC to just 1 goal per game in the playoffs, sweeping him in 4 straight, which is pretty amazing defense. He'll have to rely on that defense to withstand Detroit's powerful offense. Detroit averaged just shy of 7 goals per game in the Chicago series, which went 6 games. IceStorm wasn't exactly lighting up the lamp either in his previous series, averaging just 3 goals per game. I'm really not sure what will happen here, but I doubt the games will be low scoring! Either way, I think this series will go deep.

PREDICTION: BOS in 7

3. Freydey (WPG) - 115

7. Carse (VAN) + 100

Season Series (2-1 WPG)

Many championships have been won between these two coaches, and usually any playoff loss is because of each other as well! Freydey took out hokkeefan's Canadiens in 5 games, holding a stiff 2.6 GAA just like the regular season, but only 3.8 GFA. Carse edged out kingraph's LA Kings in 7, putting up 6.3 GF/G in a close contest. Both players have that "2nd gear" and are able to turn it on when faced with pressure. Always a classic, I suspect nothing short of a great series between these two grandmasters.

PREDICTION: WPG in 6

For someone who was too busy to play in SNES you sure are finding time to play Gens..... Odd....

Hehe I already listed the reason why! Obviously if I dont have time for SNES and I dont forfeit GENS I'm going to be able to find time to play GENS. I didnt want to slack like you. Maybe if you didnt look like an ugly fat lard with buck teeth then maybe you wouldn't have been paired with the special kids at school and you would have gotten a good education.

Next time if it is a problem to forfeit then I will just ignore all requests to play (Like The90Jacket) and then wait until the deadline and hope the computer sims some wins for me since that seems to be a better option B)

Edited by PlabaxV2

PREDICTION: BOS in 7 - Actual DET in 5 :o

PREDICTION: WPG in 6 - WPG in 6 :D

Wow, way off on the DET/BOS series...congrats Plabax, that's an impressive victory! Congrats to Frey on moving on as well.

"A" league finals will be Plabax (DET) vs Frey (WPG)! I have no predictions for this series...but I did predict that these two were the favorites right from the beginning:

Plabax +350

Freydey +400

Carse + 400

IceStorm +500

Vocally Caged +1200

kingraph +1500

Hokkeefan + 3000

Begley15 + 5000

I guess from my odds, you can infer that I think Plabax is the favorite here. ;)

Good luck to both of you...hopefully (please) you can record the series so we can watch it unfold!

PREDICTION: BOS in 7 - Actual DET in 5 :o

PREDICTION: WPG in 6 - WPG in 6 :D

Wow, way off on the DET/BOS series...congrats Plabax, that's an impressive victory! Congrats to Frey on moving on as well.

"A" league finals will be Plabax (DET) vs Frey (WPG)! I have no predictions for this series...but I did predict that these two were the favorites right from the beginning:

Plabax +350

Freydey +400

Carse + 400

IceStorm +500

Vocally Caged +1200

kingraph +1500

Hokkeefan + 3000

Begley15 + 5000

I guess from my odds, you can infer that I think Plabax is the favorite here. ;)

Good luck to both of you...hopefully (please) you can record the series so we can watch it unfold!

I have so many Krecs... My series with TK, My series with Bo in GDL, I have the series I just played with Icestorm.. I'm just too lazy to convert

I have so many Krecs... My series with TK, My series with Bo in GDL, I have the series I just played with Icestorm.. I'm just too lazy to convert

Record the finals and send me your krecs...I'll convert and post. (hold off on uploading saves to site) B)