NHL'94 Forums

Spring Classic Playoff Info

chaos

Hey Guys,

I'll have the series up on the website this weekend for logging games. We will be using save states just like the regular season and will be keeping stats as well for both teams and players.

I'll post more info here once I'm done.

Probably wants to sabotage the legitimacy of SNES... :glare:

Legitimacy? When you hit 8 posts every period do you smile and think "Boy, this is great!" No. You think "What is this?" Not to mention the defense system is pure cheese. My forwards never shake off any checks, so all I ever face is people mashing the body check button (whatever it is)

What else.. The crowd has crickets in it, I like that feature. The game is just poor in comparison to Gens.

When I have to wait an extra 0.6 seconds to get a slap shot off or get a goaltender activated, the last thing on my mind is 'thank God I didn't hit the post'. Seriously guys, it's 2013 and we're still talking about whether GENS or SNES is superior to one another? This is ludicrous.

The argument is endless and timeless. There's always new guys starting to play '94 and learning the differences between the two versions and voicing their opinions.

Having said that, it's pretty lame to quit SNES on the start of the playoffs. You could've dropped before and given someone who wants to play a chance. Or, finish the season and don't sign up next year. It's just a poor way to make your point.

Geezus Plabax you cant quit for that reason and at this time. You're totally ruining it for everyone else. You're a top seed if you quit you make the playoffs less meaningful/relevant. The time to quit wouldve been during the seaon or even better before.

Chasing people IS annoying, but I hardly see it as grounds for a forfeit. If you've reached out 5 times and he hasn't responded, the burden is on him.

If you're having trouble with SNES, play it more and learn it better. There are a bunch of SNES guys online a good amount of the time for you to practice.

Legitimacy? When you hit 8 posts every period do you smile and think "Boy, this is great!" No. You think "What is this?" Not to mention the defense system is pure cheese. My forwards never shake off any checks, so all I ever face is people mashing the body check button (whatever it is)

What else.. The crowd has crickets in it, I like that feature. The game is just poor in comparison to Gens.

Whether or not you like SNES, its lame to forfeit a series with an excuse like that. All the mods and coaches put a lot into making the season happen, even if you personally aren't enjoying SNES you still committed to the season. Very lame to leave 'em hanging.

I was replying to Oilers and not Halifax. Maybe this is breaking news to some people, but they are not the same person. If you see Halifax asked me "Why?".

I didn't even reply before people started jumping to conclusions and whatever.

Since the old post is deleted then I'll explain it once more here.

I wake up at 6:30AM

Leave for school at 7:30AM

Finish school at 2:30PM

From school, go to work

Work from 3-9PM Monday-Friday. Can play games when my workload is almost nothing.

I'm usually in my room by 10:15, I still can use my computer BUT the wi-fi signal is very weak, sometimes nothing.

Playoff Series will have to be 9:30-10:30, and that is tough for me. Luckily I got my first game in with Begley during work, or else I would have left him hanging.

Since I don't think too high of SNES, I wouldn't be willing to put in that extra effort to finish a series that would most likely last multiple days.

For everything that I have ever said in the forums, this is far worse....... Good riddance!

Next season I will take B or nothing.

Also: You are a huge troll in-game and on AIM! I remember the last time we played you called me a "hacking fucker" and you quit :D

Fun times.

Edited by PlabaxV2

You had no idea your schedule was about to go wild? I was asked to take over a team in B, but I knew I wasn't going to be around much for the last couple weeks of the season, so I declined. You should've thought about bowing out earlier than playoff time. It just leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth, and I'm sure not many people will forget it soon.

You had no idea your schedule was about to go wild? I was asked to take over a team in B, but I knew I wasn't going to be around much for the last couple weeks of the season, so I declined. You should've thought about bowing out earlier than playoff time. It just leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth, and I'm sure not many people will forget it soon.

No, I was supposed to start on the 3rd of July. I found out just a bit before the final day of the season, maybe a day or two. I waited and tried to hit The90Jacket on 5 different occasions, and on my last day I decided to forfeit. I won't have this schedule in 2 weeks, just that round 1 can't last that long.

Next season I will take B or nothing.

Also: You are a huge troll in-game and on AIM! I remember the last time we played you called me a "hacking fucker" and you quit :D

Fun times.

I like how you edit your post after I reply, lol

For someone who has a hectic schedule you sure do ask for exhibs nearly 90% of the time I am online within 30 seconds of me being online...... Maybe there is a reason nobody wants to play you, it's almost more fun to say no and see your reaction then to actually play you.....

Couldn't have said it better, play-offs should be fun and its major bummer when a coach doesn't show up for their series. In my opinion, it would really suck to advance to the next round or championship by forfeit (cough*blitzB*cough*). That being said I hope plabax changes his mind and he can get his series in with thejackets90 soon.

Couldn't have said it better, play-offs should be fun and its major bummer when a coach doesn't show up for their series. In my opinion, it would really suck to advance to the next round or championship by forfeit (cough*blitzB*cough*). That being said I hope plabax changes his mind and he can get his series in with thejackets90 soon.

Nobody is even advancing by forfeit. Just because ONE out of TWELVE coaches forfeit you guys are acting like theres nothing to play for anymore.

I dont understand, if I forfeit, I forfeit.

Edited by PlabaxV2

Most people play for fun, but clearly a lot of people like playing competitively. When someone drops in the playoffs, it leaves an asterisk, for lack of a better term.

There's always something to play for, but dropping out ruins some of the fun.

Nobody is even advancing by forfeit. Just because ONE out of TWELVE coaches forfeit you guys are acting like theres nothing to play for anymore.

I dont understand, if I forfeit, I forfeit.

You gotta remember there are like 12 people in total who play snes at all, so it's a big deal in babyland