NHL'94 Forums

Gens B1 Odds

dcicon5148

B1 Odds:

Dick-on/Dick-off -> Heavy favorite based on experience, pedigree, talent of team and 91 goals allowed all season. Just doesn't give it up very much, and Mogilny is pretty hard to shut down for any opponent for 3 periods. No prom auto-scoring on this date. Be prepared for the potential to be just shut down by this kung-fu style master.

3-2 odds to take it all.

Aunt Seth-> Known more for his cockiness than anything of late, his record & margin of victories (5.81 Goals to 2.64 Goals Allowed) separate him clearly from anyone else in B1 minus dcicon, whose numbers are better in both categories. That said, anyone with Detroit is automatcially in the running, much less someone with strong one-timer skills and high acumen for all teams/strategies, regardless if the fan base is rooting for or against on this.

4-1 odds because of dcicon's high rating to win & best of 7, harder for upsets than a 3 or 5 set.

Pro-bob&neal -> Stingy defense and Gilmour's dominance lead for long nights trying to do what you want to do against this guy. Knows where to slap from, and always a threat to score even with a low shooting percentage of 28% on Gilmour. Lack of elite offense & overall team strength of Toronto should prevent him from getting by the BIG 2 above, imo.

8-1 odds

Jack-me-jose-off -> Jeckyll & Hyde coming at you here. J&J has been known to go on disappear or blow your doors down runs. Wins against Buffalo, Detroit & Toronto and 28 overall wins puts him in the conversation, but you have to question that 10-0 beat down in Winnipeg against Buffalo if you are going to put your money on this guy!!! Clear shot at getting into late rounds & possible winner depending on whether the jeck or the hyde comes out to play!

10-1 odds

JayLightweight -> Jay brings his 3.04 Goals scored & 3.07 goals allowed to the show w/ Mr. Roy hoping to stand on his head for some heroics. Some quality losses if there can be such a thing in the pursuit of Cups, but none the less, not an opponent to just close your eyes with and say no shot.

500-1 odds

Peabody -> Took over the rangers & based on my quick count of assumed takeover date, I had him at 15-10. Veteran player w/ some experince in his belt, should have a shot at making a round or two out of his adventure in NY, but Rangers talent should limit final outcome.

500-1 odds

Brutthole -> The Blues have taken their hard checking Emerson to a league leading checks over 400, and Bassen in the high 300's before those stats got deleted from the page. Forget wins & losses, these guys are coming to hit! However, lack of scoring from anyone but Wild Wild B-Hull leaves the Blues vulnerable to the elite defenses that Toronto, Detroit & Buffalo display. Top it off with a Round 1 match against The Seth Lord, and we find Brutus singing the Blues early this playoffs.

10,000-1 odds.

Anybody not listed, did not have a winning record, so that doesn't bode well for a best of 7 series.

Good luck boys. Let's hope we get these playoffs in before the FALL!

How can it be that dickon is in B when he has had some good A league seasons? This is like putting me in B next season. Kinda silly that this fat troll is allowed in B. Good luck to the others.

Do you have knowledge of him personally demoting himself to B, or requesting to play in the B league???

If not, phuck off & go back to your own odds page. We are fine w/ Mr. Dickon, and enjoyed his 38 out of 40 GP performance. In leagues w/ tons of replacing going on, and all that, it's good to have A- talent in a B league. Besides, gotta pull up the average of the overall talent in B, as I'm C-, so it evens out.

You are the one trolling here. Dickon clearly only asked for us in B1 to have our own fun page with a write-up, odds, etc, so your comments make no rhyme or reason.

What a beat off. You had all pre-season to byatch & get him into your league if it was so important. It's not like the rest of us our so deserving of a dickless playoffs that we are crying the blues here.

How can it be that dickon is in B when he has had some good A league seasons? This is like putting me in B next season. Kinda silly that this fat troll is allowed in B. Good luck to the others.

Why do you care about this? This has 0 impact on you. Furthermore, I asked to be put in B because I would rather have a chance of winning in B than being in dead last in A. That really isn't much fun. I was originally given LA but then someone dropped BUF and I picked them up. And having one good season in A because I had Chicago really doesn't mean anything based on the team I had.

Do you have knowledge of him personally demoting himself to B, or requesting to play in the B league???

If not, phuck off & go back to your own odds page. We are fine w/ Mr. Dickon, and enjoyed his 38 out of 40 GP performance. In leagues w/ tons of replacing going on, and all that, it's good to have A- talent in a B league. Besides, gotta pull up the average of the overall talent in B, as I'm C-, so it evens out.

You are the one trolling here. Dickon clearly only asked for us in B1 to have our own fun page with a write-up, odds, etc, so your comments make no rhyme or reason.

What a beat off. You had all pre-season to byatch & get him into your league if it was so important. It's not like the rest of us our so deserving of a dickless playoffs that we are crying the blues here.

Yeah, have fun. Dickon likes to go around and bash everyone of the high-leveled A players for not winning when he can only win leagues he knows he can win easily.

Do I have knowledge? Do you know who dickon is????? Dickon is an A-level player who doesn't want to play in A. We all know it and he was a big douchebag after I knocked him out of the Fall 2012 season. He really just is a troll who gets on everybody's nerves. Everytime I ask for exis he says "I dont wanna get blown out". Funny thing is he usually wins the games against me and when he does he gets mad at me for "letting him win"! I never let anybody win. This is just an example of someone who should not be allowed to play in the B league. Someone who has to make up lies to get out of playing players his level, what a fag.

Why do you care about this? This has 0 impact on you. Furthermore, I asked to be put in B because I would rather have a chance of winning in B than being in dead last in A. That really isn't much fun. I was originally given LA but then someone dropped BUF and I picked them up. And having one good season in A because I had Chicago really doesn't mean anything based on the team I had.

Hmm... GENS B2 - Begley 33-7 with Detroit

GENS A - Begley 15-25 with Chicago

GENS B1 - Dcicon 33-5 with Buffalo

GENS A - Dcicon 24-16 with Chicago

:( If Chicago is so good that someone who would usually come DEAD LAST can finish 4th out of 16, How come Begley can't even win 40% of his games? :unsure:

He is a fag when he is winning and he is a fag when he is losing. Enjoy

Just think if you wanted to, you've had plenty of time to troll the guy about playing in B1.

To wait till it's on our fun, odds of winning page is trollific.

We've all heard the douche comments about dcicon & appreciate the highlight of it. However, after playing a whole season w/ the guy, and with the playoffs about to start, I think he's our guy for now, and we'd appreciate our little thread back, so I'll stand on my phuck off comment.

Yeah, have fun. Dickon likes to go around and bash everyone of the high-leveled A players for not winning when he can only win leagues he knows he can win easily.

Do I have knowledge? Do you know who dickon is????? Dickon is an A-level player who doesn't want to play in A. We all know it and he was a big douchebag after I knocked him out of the Fall 2012 season. He really just is a troll who gets on everybody's nerves. Everytime I ask for exis he says "I dont wanna get blown out". Funny thing is he usually wins the games against me and when he does he gets mad at me for "letting him win"! I never let anybody win. This is just an example of someone who should not be allowed to play in the B league. Someone who has to make up lies to get out of playing players his level, what a fag.

Hmm... GENS B2 - Begley 33-7 with Detroit

GENS A - Begley 15-25 with Chicago

GENS B1 - Dcicon 33-5 with Buffalo

GENS A - Dcicon 24-16 with Chicago

:( If Chicago is so good that someone who would usually come DEAD LAST can finish 4th out of 16, How come Begley can't even win 40% of his games? :unsure:

He is a fag when he is winning and he is a fag when he is losing. Enjoy

I don't know about you but I play to have fun. To play against you who does everything he can to do trick goals and glitch goals is no fun for me and the main reason I don't play exhibs against you. I haven't played an exhib game against anyone in months, it really doesn't interest me.

Since you obviously do placement in leagues I will give you a heads up that no matter what happens in the playoffs I will be signing up for fall requesting B league placement again. I will be choosing a lesser team like Hartford or St Louis #1 to offset things since I am obviously an evil person for putting fun ahead of not even making the playoffs in A.

Edited by dcicon5148

Lesser team like the Blues??!?!?!?

Whoa, those are fighting words brother-in-B1-arms!

Obviously, my s**t play with them against you must have given that impression, however, maybe if I can leap up & get me some of playoff magic going, I might be able to change that perception :)

Now Hartford...that's a s**t team worthy of your self staggering, which is actually why I signed up w/ the Blues in all reality, because I knew I wouldn't get into A, and all the new to the game signup names were going into B. Of course, 60% of them got replaced, and I'm Jo-Blue & Philly in my 2 playoff runs...AWESOME :)

I don't know about you but I play to have fun. To play against you who does everything he can to do trick goals and glitch goals is no fun for me and the main reason I don't play exhibs against you. I haven't played an exhib game against anyone in months, it really doesn't interest me.

Since you obviously do placement in leagues I will give you a heads up that no matter what happens in the playoffs I will be signing up for fall requesting B league placement again. I will be choosing a lesser team like Hartford or St Louis #1 to offset things since I am obviously an evil person for putting fun ahead of not even making the playoffs in A.

What is your reason to duck all the other A players? Because they're not fat with buck teeth like you? You are acting like a baby b***h and lying trying to make it look like you are the worst player on earth. "not even making the playoffs in A.". All you needed was a 15-25 record, and we all know you are capabale of that, I don't know why you must make it sound like you are some noob who belongs in B for the rest of his life.

When you were up 2-1 in our playoff series, you got angry and claimed that I was letting you win :D I don't know if your self-esteem is so low because you look like a fat bugs bunny or it's because you are just trying to stay in B for the rest of your life.

Lesser team like the Blues??!?!?!?

Whoa, those are fighting words brother-in-B1-arms!

Obviously, my s**t play with them against you must have given that impression, however, maybe if I can leap up & get me some of playoff magic going, I might be able to change that perception :)

Now Hartford...that's a s**t team worthy of your self staggering, which is actually why I signed up w/ the Blues in all reality, because I knew I wouldn't get into A, and all the new to the game signup names were going into B. Of course, 60% of them got replaced, and I'm Jo-Blue & Philly in my 2 playoff runs...AWESOME :)

You see how retarded this is? Dickon thinks his chances of winning GENS B with Hartford are greater than his chances of going at least 15-25 in GENS A with a team like Boston at worst. He has already went 24-16 in A. Maybe I should pick Philadelphia next year and get into Gens B with you guys, sounds like fun.

Once you graduate high school you will realize how silly you are. No need to troll in a B league discussion....

Why does it matter if it's "B league" discussion? I'm just trying to say you know you should be in A but you don't wanna play in A because you make it sound like you suck so much at this game. You clearly are over exaggerating when you say you will come in dead last. You didn't even come last with the weakest team in the league last time.

answer me this, why should I play in a league that I know I won't even make the playoffs? why should I waste my time playing 40 games knowing I might be able to win half of them? i'd rather not play at all than play a season and lose the majority of the games. what fun is that.

I didn't play Pearate w/ the Rangers, as I had already played my games. Based it off games played, scores, and all that kind of stuff.

Played him in dynasty, where I don't consider myself elite, and we were similar, so I didn't feel the Rangers would be a threat to Buffalo or Detroit w/ the current coaches in play.

Based on Plabax's tantrum about dcicon's level, I don't think my 3-2 odds on him are off, which means the Rangers would have long odds.

Yeah, dcicon and Seth are the favorites, I agree...though I'd probably put both at 3-1, as they split their regular season series 2-2. I would think Pearate is more like 25 or 30 to 1, not 500, lol, which is why I bet.

I've been looking forward to seeing how the playoffs pan out! Should be fun!

I 'm taking B-1 trophy, but Scion should give a good fight. And when that's over, I'll take on the B-2 winner and beat him also in a best of 7!

I really don't care what division others are in. I just want to have fun, play competitive games, and talk smack.

Edited by Uncle Seth

King Roofer, you can hardly argue w/ Aunt Seth here. How do you NOT see MORE value in the Seth Lord's evil empire plans than 500-1 odds on the Peadbody Rangers??

OoOhhhh, playoff hockey. I can hardly wait!!!

I must give credit to Quebec (Zeppelin?). We split our series and he was definitely a strong opponent. Is he in playoffs?

Evil Empire! haha.

E Tu Brute? I have a strange feeling that you may actually be Bob Bassen himself.

Edited by Uncle Seth

no argument on the top 2. they were clearly above the rest of the pack in the regular season. There are others that can pose threats to them but it'll take some creativity and probably luck.

there are borderline A/B players that have to play in B. Simple as that. no need to go any farther into it.

Sorry to jump in on this guys but I can no longer keep this question to myself.

Dcicon if you were the leading scorer in the AHL and you got called up to play on the third line in the NHL would you go? Or would it be more fun to just stay and dominate the AHL.

Also who would you play if all the guys in B did like you and said we don't have a chance and it is no fun to play with dcicon who is a huge and dominant favorite.

I don't know if dcicon or anyone else has but once you win a B League Championship you should be in A.

Uncle Seth you are a classic it would be fun to have you in our 93 league.

Edited by CoachMac

Can't put Aunt Seth in the '93, because he might go Nancy Begley on us. All that confidence feeling the full weight of the Brutus '93 machine could be enough to turn him soft.

Don't know if I could handle another man going byatch on me mid series.

That said, I think if Dickon goes dickoff through out the post-season with Buffalo, but is willing to take Hartford next season, why not let him in B?

However, if he set the scoring record in A, popped 4 zits between periods, and then thought, hey, I'd like to demote myself to B, I'd have issues with that.

I think we need some la robbie input on who should be in A and B

his input "I WANT BLITZ"