NHL'94 Forums

*Test* NHL 94 SNES WAD!

DOWNLOAD THIS: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qd5vevtf7agbifi/VC-NHL94_in_snes.rar

Hey, Do you like NHL 94 on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System? Have you always dreamed on how it would look on a wii? Have you always wanted to play it using the wii's virtual console? Well, now you can! With this file you can add a shortcut that will enable you to play NHL 94 on the Wii!

NOTE: This is a test version of the wad. When looking for the game on the Wii menu the game will show a icon for Donkey Kong Country: Diddy Kong's Quest. IGNORE THIS and hit start and you'll be in the game!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------To do list:
*Add NHL 94 icon for Wii menu and the screen before the game boots
*Make a test version for GENS fans to enjoy
*Add amount of players and Release date on the screen before the game boots
*Take requests for wads of rom hacks
*Make wads of other NHL games
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Installation for Dummies:
1.Download wad ( and put it in the WADS folder in the root of your SD CARD.

2.Put SD in your Wii and access the Homebrew Channel

3.Go to where you usually install your wads and find your WADS folder in the Wad manager program

4.Click on the wad and install it.
5.Go back to the Wii menu start the game and ENJOY!

Ninety Flow on Wii would be cool. I have a Wii, but I know nothing about the system and making it do stuff.

Ninety Flow on Wii would be cool. I have a Wii, but I know nothing about the system and making it do stuff.

I could guide you so that you can have it up and running within 20 minutes! B)

You just need a SD Card that is 2GB or less.

Plabax could explain that way better then i could, plus Ninety Flow is way better with a Gamecube Controller or CCP.

I could guide you so that you can have it up and running within 20 minutes! B)

You just need a SD Card that is 2GB or less.

Preferably 2GB as i can barely fit everything on my 1GB SD card

Plabax could explain that way better then i could, plus Ninety Flow is way better with a Gamecube Controller or CCP.

Preferably 2GB as i can barely fit everything on my 1GB SD card

Yeah, you can also use a USB/Harddrive. I use a 24GB USB for all my retro games.

I'd have to go USB, because I have no way to put stuff on a card chip. I've never loaded a non-disc game onto a Wii.... a Gamecube controller? no, thanks. those are the bulky ones with jagged buttons, right? can't I use a USB SNES controller? if not, I'd just use the Wii controller. this all sounds good in theory.

I'd have to go USB, because I have no way to put stuff on a card chip. I've never loaded a non-disc game onto a Wii.... a Gamecube controller? no, thanks. those are the bulky ones with jagged buttons, right? can't I use a USB SNES controller? if not, I'd just use the Wii controller. this all sounds good in theory.

I don't think you can use a USB SNES controller. But in order to get the emulator on your Wii you need a SD Card 2GB or less

You need to use a SD card to get the Homebrew Channel then you can use a USB stick but it has to be 4GB or more, as for the controller, like SD cards you can pick up a classic controller pretty cheap nowadays id recommend the CCP but the Regular one feels more like a SNES controller and the CCP feels like a PS1 controller. What version of the system menu do you have on your Wii? You can easily check this by going into your console settings.

yeah, I don't know anything about the Wii. I have no idea what a Wad is. I thought the Homebrew was for hacked consoles. I rarely turn that system on. I don't know how I'd get anything on a card because the Wii is the only thing besides a camera that we have that uses those foolish things. it all seems like a great thing to do in theory, but in reality I think I'd need a fourteen-year-old kid to bring his gear over and do all of this blindfolded while I fold my socks to Bob Seger bootlegs.

Edited by trudatman

• 1 year later...

Any questions hit me up on aim, ive softmodded around 10 wiis, its foolproof if you follow the 'wiihacks softmod any wii guide' its reccomended you use a normal 2gb sd card and not a higher sdhc card as priiloader the programe i think is old and doesnt support sdhc but once its up and running you can use a micro sd card in an adaptor inplace of the sd card. Also.. dont fool around with other regions wads, this is a sure way to brick the wii. you can test them on the dolphin emulator, you can install wads to an emunand as the wiis system memory is low and you can only load about 4 wads onto it, the snes loader wad is handy :) also.. I know a good site for wii roms, ask me on aim for it, no bullshit links or codes or parts, just straight downloads :)

so... I'd need the Wii to be connected to the Internet somehow, right? and I'd need some sort of memory card to be read by a computer other than the Wii and the audio recorder that uses things like those, right? the Wii is the most cumbersome and confusing gadget I have ever owned. none of using it for discless action makes the first bit of sense to me. this whole topic goes way over my head and makes me angry, try as I do to grasp what the fuck y'all are trying to impart.

No the wii doenst have to be connected to the net, you just need a cheap card reader of ebay for 4$ or nearly every single laptop has sd slots on the side, just note your wii mac address (found in settings menu) and enter on the letterbomb website and it generates a custom letter bomb file on your sd card then you put in wii and go to calender and click on it as it appears as a callendar message. its all very easy and straight forward, il talk you through the process on aim while you do it.

Edited by fenty

not two whole words of that made any sense to me and I don't have America Online. thanks, though.

this laptop from 2011 doesn't have such a slot. this may be an "old dog" problem, so don't worry any further on my account. thanks.

this laptop from 2011 doesn't have such a slot. this may be an "old dog" problem, so don't worry any further on my account. thanks.

You can always use a digital camera as an SD card reader in a pinch. You need Homebrew Channel installed on your Wii. Go to http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_setup for instructions.

wow. that requires so many factors to fall into place. that is not happening in this home without an intervention. the Wii is lame enough without the fact that you need a Best Buy's worth of gear ready to go and the brain of a preteen to think that's "easy and straightforward" and get the thing running whatever the fuck "channels" are. the Wii was lucky it was free or it'd be running only Sports/Resort with duct tape over the slot preventing further frustrations. what a clunky gizmo that thing is. the fact that a fucking GameCube controller somehow supposedly improves the system is a very telling aspect of its miserable existence.

I'm open to offers on:

-Cursed Mountain

-Family Party

-GoldenEye

-Happy Feet Two

-MarioKart

-Medal Of Honor Vanguard

-Rec Room

-RedSteel

-Tiger Woods 08

-WipeOut

wow. that requires so many factors to fall into place. that is not happening in this home without an intervention. the Wii is lame enough without the fact that you need a Best Buy's worth of gear ready to go and the brain of a preteen to think that's "easy and straightforward" and get the thing running whatever the fuck "channels" are. the Wii was lucky it was free or it'd be running only Sports/Resort with duct tape over the slot preventing further frustrations. what a clunky gizmo that thing is. the fact that a fucking GameCube controller somehow supposedly improves the system is a very telling aspect of its miserable existence.

I'm open to offers on:

-Cursed Mountain

-Family Party

-GoldenEye

-Happy Feet Two

-MarioKart

-Medal Of Honor Vanguard

-Rec Room

-RedSteel

-Tiger Woods 08

-WipeOut

Dude it takes 5 minutes and it's easy as hell to do. It doesn't hinder the Wii from doing anything it does already. It just adds a channel on the Wii Menu that you click on to start emulators. Other than that the software looks exactly the same.

It may seem confusing, but the page covers every exploit that can be used to install the channel. You only have to do ONE of them.

Letter bomb should be the one you do. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/LetterBomb

I'd still need some sort of memory card and adapter, neither of which do I have, so "five minutes" is quite far off.

so I would "only" have to:

-download a jailbreaking application, an emulator, a game file and a "channel"

-connect a camera to my computer

-get the necessary files onto a magical card large enough to hold them yet under a certain capacity threshhold by making the camera somehow deal with non-jpg/-movie files

-learn to use the Wii for actions other than getting discs in/out and playing the games on those discs

-probably a few more steps at this point, but my concept of what a "channel" app does is not really anything

-profit?

or I can just play on the actually "easy" emulators on a very portable laptop with multiple USB controllers and a good screen. it'd be cool to have it on the Wii, sure, but not to the point of making the above fantasy sequence of events actually happen.

You would play the easy emulators on your wii the same exact way. Everything to download is in one spot, you just add the emulators on your sd card with the ROMS, same thing you would do on your PC. Any SD card will work fine. And when you connect your camera to the pc to read/write the card you access like you would a usb drive.

No idea why you need to make things seem so complicated. But whatever, it's not for you then.

• 1 month later...

Difficult for someone who thinks a snes usb controller should automaticly work on a wii or any other games console. Nothings difficult about pressing the 'A' button to install a couple of programes that are on the SD card.. You can even install all of the emulators from the homebrew browser. For roms just drop into the roms folder & it works. Everythings easier than operating ZSNES!

I use SNES9X, but ZSNES took me less than three minutes to download, configure and run. trying to understand what is necessary to do this Wii stuff has take a lot more time and appears to need plenty more. I don't think it "should" autorun a SNES USB controller, but it'd be nice and it would almost make this stuff worth it, but if you can't use a controller that isn't impossible to hold or clunky and uncomfortable.... at this point for me, it'd probably be much more straight forward to get a SNES emulator running on a microwave screen and play by pressing the timer buttons.

Edited by tru