NHL'94 Forums

SNES 94 Editing

McRae

Is there any way to go about editing the graphics in the snes nhl94? Eg. the center ice logo, the goal crease, etc? Whats the newest software available for editing snes?

Yeah I wanted the same thing.. I tried open NHL 94 with Tile Molester after I've breifly read through wboy's tutorial of changing the player cards for genesis. Didn't get a thing :lol: Couldn't find a single tile that looked like "anything" heh.. Would be so awesome to be able to change the player cards. I played the All Star rom for genesis and was like :o "what the hell!! is that possible!?" Really really cool.

And since I've been having a thought on doing some kind of Olympic edition rom (as far as I can) I'd really would want to know how to change some colors and maybe even logos..

olympic8df.jpg

Don't know the point of creating such a thing, mainly just for fun.. And also kinda fun to play with your own national team :)

Wow, your doing a hell of a job - good work!

It would be awesome to get the ice color to white, team logos updates, and all rosters updated - just as they have in the modified Genesis roms. Then we could use it for the next NHL94 season.

You don't by any chance have info on hex offsets for the logo colors or something? If you don't, it's not that important, but if you already has it written down, any notes on it, it'd be really nice.

And.. To change the team names, errr.. Now that's something I'd never be able to do successfully. Using the NHL 94 editor only messes up the rom. And editing the names in a hex editor works only so well. But it'll have to do. ;) I guess you have to re-arrange the whole order of the names if you wanna change them correctly and I just don't have to know-how.

For now Sweden had to replace St. Louis, most similar banner and Finland got Toronto. I threw in Team Germany in Vancouver since they already had Germanys dresses ;)

I've done Finland, Sweden, Germany, Russia so far (only fixed stats for the first two though, but dresses and lineups are done for all four) but now things are getting weird hehe... As I mess with team names and stuff I'm starting to pile the small errors together...

Now I've seen this error with two teams.. All the sudden a player is missing from a team, so it's basicly power play. Well he isn't actually missing, his in the box, but last time I didn't even play with penalties.. :S Think I have to redo it with a fresh rom. Heh, before it gets to weird. At least now I have all the info I need to carry on. (found all yersey numbers and final stats over at eurohockey.net, damn it wasn't easy to find!).

I think I'll put the teams in whichever suits best according to team name lenght, since that seems to be whats troubling me the most... Would be nice to be able to change logo colors.

Would it be possible to make the rink logo be "transparent" alternatively have the same color as the ice? I mean in international games there are no logos (other than commercial) on the center ice... That would be even better!! I saw a Genesis rom that had no team logos in the menus.. Wonder if that's possible in snes too. And what about the ice it self? I know the color can be changed on genesis, is it possible on snes?

Alright.. I've done the 12 olympic teams with stats, jerseys, the right numbers, right stick hands etc etc.

Mack. Do you have any hex offsets or ANYTHING that could help me to change the colors of the logos? ;) I've tried some trial and error in the code around where the line info is, but no luck.. So I'm guessing it's somewhere else. I made some comparing between your 2003 rom and the default and found a lot of changes of random numbers somewhere... Maybe I'll check into it a bit more some other day, going away for the weekend.

It feels good to finally be done... Well almost anyway. Got some minor things to fix

• 4 months later...

I used to edit Zelda games with zquest (Zelda Classic) and always dreamed of doing the same with NHL94SNES. I see that it can be done, and I'm sure I could learn to do it, but I don't have my own computer. anyone who feels like putting Jake Howard on the Rangers and sending me the means to play the rom would have my ultimate appreciation. if you feel like doing this, I offer you anything from my CD trading list in return. list is at http://amorica.us and my email address is titlesong [AT] gmail [DOT] com. holler!

• 6 months later...

Mack, nice shots from 2002-2003. Any idea how to change the physical stats of players? I switched around the colors of the teams jerseys (using a pre-made editor, not going in personally and changing the code), but haven't learned how to switch the colors of the name plate or (as aforementioned) the physical stats of the players.

If you check how to edit them in genesis, they are almost exactly the same as in SNES. I really need to dig out all my old notes on these old games. Don't hardly need them with wboy's genesis editor now. However, the snes notes are probably priceless B)

This is just a copy-paste from my notes.. But most of it should be in order.. Hope its understandable.. B)

To find out what a hex number is, use windows calculator, switch to "scientific" and you're able to switch between decimal and hexadecimal numbers...

=========================

-- LINES --

Each teams lineup is in hex, between "team overall" and "number of players". In the following order: SC1, SC2, CHK, PP1, PP2, PK1, PK2. And each line is in the following order: G, LD, RD, LW, C, RW and then the extra attacker, when you pull your goalie.

--## ## ## ## ## ## ## --

-- TEAM OVERALL STATS --

You can find the hex value of the overall rating two bytes before the line configuration data for the team.

-- NO. OFF/DEF PLAYERS --

In 94, the single byte before the "team overall" bytes defines the amount of forwards and defense players.

Anaheim for example has Hex 97, so 9 forwards and 7 defense players.

Usual hex rules apply, A = 10, B = 11, .... F = 15.

-- PLAYER STATS --

(The individual stats of a player is directly after the player name.)

XX 00 PLAYER NAME XX 123456789ABCDE

XX = Player name length + 2 (jersey number) in hex.

XX = Jersey # (decimal)

1 = Weight

2 = Agility

3 = Speed

4 = Off. Aware.

5 = Def. Aware.

6 = Shot Power

7 = Checking

8 = Stick hand (Uneven = Right. Even = Left.)

9 = Stick Handling

A = Shot Accuracy

B = Endurance

C = ?

D = Passing

E = Aggression

================

--GOALIE STATS--

================

(The individual stats of a player is directly after the player name.)

XX 00 PLAYER NAME XX 123456 789A BCDE

XX = Player name length + 2 (jersey number) in hex.

XX = Jersey # (decimal)

1 = Weight

2 = Agility

3 = Speed

4 = ?

5 = Def. Aware.

6 = Puck Cont.

7 = ? (0)

8 = Handness (Uneven = Right. Even = Left.)

9 = ? (0)

A = ? (0)

B = Stick Right

C = Stick Left

D = Glove Right

E = Glove Left

-- STATS/WEIGHT --

Stats are 0-6:

0 = 25

1 = 35

2 = 45

3 = 55

4 = 65

5 = 85

6 = 100

Weight is 0-F

0 = 140

1 = 148

2 = 156

3 = 164

4 = 172

5 = 180

6 = 188

7 = 196

8 = 204

9 = 212

A = 220

B = 228

C = 236

D = 244

E = 252

F = 260

--DEFAULT GAME SETTINGS--

At hex offset 000E9EC2 you can change the default game settings:

-in game- -default-

Game mode 0000 for Regular season, 0100 for Continue Playoffs, 0200 for New Playoffs etc.

Team home 0B00 (Montreal, 0000 for Anaheim thru 1B00 for for ASW)

Team away 0A00 (Los Angeles)

Per. Length 0100 - 0000 for 5 min, 0100 for 10 min, 0200 as 20 min (or as hacked)

Penalties 0000 - Off, 0100 = On, 0200 = Off, No Offside

Line Change 0000 - Off, 0100 = On, 0200 = Automatic

Goalies 0000 Manual, 0100 Auto

-- Timers --

Offset Def. Hex Sec

5 min F9D2E 5 min 2C01 300

10 min F9D30 10 min 5802 600

20 min F9D32 20 min B004 1200

OT FC8A2 5 min 2C01 300

SO ??

Got some more stuff here...

I include a word document that covers all teams, this is just an example for Anaheim... It's a bit weird formated, it looks better in word.. And remember, to select an area, say the names "Guy Herbert, Ron Tugnutt and Steven King", just keep "Alt" pressed and drag with the mouse, and you won't copy the numbers.

DefaultLines.zip

Anaheim Mighty Ducks

Players: 18

Goalies: 2

Forwards: 9

Defense: 7

#HEX Name #DEC

01 Guy Hebert 1

02 Ron Tugnutt 2

03 Steven King 3

04 Troy Loney 4

05 Stu Grimson 5

06 Terry Yake 6

07 Bob Corkum 7

08 Anatoli Semenov 8

09 Lonnie Loach 9

0A Robin Bawa 10

0B Tim Sweeney 11

0C Alexei Kasatonov 12

0D Sean Hill 13

0E Randy Ladouceur 14

0F David Williams 15

10 Bill Houlder 16

11 Bobby Dollas 17

12 Dennis Vial 18

Team number: 0000

Offsets:

945504: Players

945505: Overall

945506-07: Unknown bytes.

945508: Best

945516: SC1

945524: SC2

945532: CHK

945540: PP1

945548: PP2

945556: PK1

945564: PK2

945572: First player (Goalie)

And btw!! Does anyone know what those "unknown" bytes are!? I haven't found what defines the amount of goalies, maybe it has something to do with that?

• 5 months later...

Wow, completely forgot about this post...X, I think I've got enough right here...I'll work with this.