NHL'94 Forums

The Stanley Cup Finals - CHI versus BOS

trudatman

what are we whacking?

oh, "wack." gotcha. yeah... the overall ratings are based on plus/minus weighted by time on ice. the individaul ratings like shot accuracy and reputation are drawn from statistics, too. shot accuracy is a straight percentage transfer and reputation is penalties in minutes factored by time on ice. popular but overrated players like Ovechkin don't get great overall ratings, even if their specific skills may be exceptional, because a guy who is fast and has a great shot can still hurt his team by failing to put effort in on defense. guys like that end up with low ratings while the Bergeron-Clearys of the league get better overall ratings from me. the main problem with my rating system is that it doesn't factor in the skills of the opponents faced, but I figure they all play against NHL players, so if grinders put up pluses against other grinders, they get the ratings boost. not perfect, but much better than the name recognition system and "he's a third liner, I can't give him any skills" systems others, including EA Sports, seem to employ. were you thinking Bolland and Kelly deserved better ratings or that many others are overrated? these are the two best teams in the league, you know.

go Bruins.

oh, and Icestorm123456789101112, please put me back on ignore. your posts suffer from "I cannot believe I am reading this uselessness" way worse than mine do, but if you are going to keep that signature line about me, stick with the sentiment upon which it is based.

edit: formatting SNAFU fix.

Edited by trudatman

When u initiate topics it takes the 'troll' possibility out of the picture. Which also limits the possibility if sarcasm and rude responses. When all of the above odds are signifigantly reduced, you add quality to the forum.

But alas you somehow turn it into the aforementioned

no your bang on....

my what?

....too many 90+ players....

yeah, word.