NHL'94 Forums

Tile layer pro / tile molester help

I'm not sure how to use these at all. I could live without it, but it would help if someone could point me in the right direction of a tutorial. I'm trying to edit the player indicators

using Tile Layer Pro, the + and - keys near the backspace key will adjust the lining up of the tiles. they are different sizes, so they overlap and cover multiple grids or use less than a whole grid, depending on what image you are editing. the colors are all wacky and I couldn't begin to help you know what to do with the palettes. the player indicators are something like a quarter of the way down the file. each one will need to be squared with its grid. make sure you cycle through the +/- stuff a few times so you can tell which is the real one to edit and which is a slightly garbled one. the stars only show like a quarter of the whole star and the rest is mirrored from what is editable, so you have to pick an icon that will work when it is flipped. I have an image somewhere on this forum about this stuff... I think it was when I was helping a dude edit the nets... I'll see if I can find it.

go down 22% and hit + or - (between the zero and backspace keys) until it looks kind of like the image above. then you will want to adjust it one or two steps at a time to make sure you are only editing within the image intended. don't draw nor erase beyond the confines of the image as it already appears, even if it seems like it should be part of the same tile based on the grids, as the tiles are often actually smaller than one grid block and changing what is next to them can wreck the game. if you are trying to add icons to my ROM, you may want to have a copy of the regular ROM open next to it so you can see where you should be adding details. good luck! it isn't too hard, but expect to get it wrong the first few times. be sure to save new files each time and when you finally have it down, go back and do it all over carefully, so you know you aren't breaking the functionality or imaging of other parts of the game beyond what you intend to change. when you are done, please share your file(s)!

this site used to have chat, but it doesn't, now. I'm around for an hour or so if you want to hit me up on the faceybooky or by gmail or by skypey or something to get assistance.

you are quite welcome. good luck with your project. I'd be glad to help if/how/when I can. please share your progress!

you are quite welcome. good luck with your project. I'd be glad to help if/how/when I can. please share your progress!

I should be done in about 2 weeks. It's the process of finding rosters with numbers.