NHL'94 Forums

Line Changes?

I don't like the line changes. Everyone gets too slow and tired. If it were up to me I be stuck on one player the whole game.

I can't wait to get the modulator going. Maybe I'll make the games two on five...

1994!

I don't like the line changes. Everyone gets too slow and tired. If it were up to me I be stuck on one player the whole game.

I can't wait to get the modulator going. Maybe I'll make the games two on five...

1994!

I always use auto line changes. Players don't fatigue with auto line changes & you get to use more players.

Line changes make the game more strategic, since you have to pace your players instead of hammering the C button incessantly, and you can't rely upon a single dominant player so much. You have to make tough decisions sometimes about whether to put out an under-strength Sc1 or a rested Sc2. You can also give yourself a great advantage in a tight game with a well-timed timeout.

I guess one of the reasons for using one line was the eventual depletion of the 1994 Vancouver Canucks. As they all got traded

away there were less and less current players to use. But now as the game has achieved cult status it doensn't matter.

Man that kicked ass when Linden came back though! 94.