NHL'94 Forums

Lobbying for Fall Classic Changes (Gens)

Uncle Seth

If you're 100% sure it actually negates/decreases the effect of B-checking, then I understand not wanting to ever remove penalties.

I want to know, how the F did you figure that out Ice?

When u B chk like a mofo its pretty obvious. Plus last year a few of us were dabbling in 2v2 with pims on and it was a B chk bloodfest. Pretty obvious at that point.

I just played an exi w/out penalties. I felt helpless on the defensive side of things. I managed a few B-checks, but definitely a huge difference. Noticed it immediately.

So yeah, I'd rather have penalties on and be able to B-check.

I just wish there was a way to make it so that the only penalties you get are ones that you actually commit, not the computer too.

Edited by Uncle Seth

My personal pet peeve is when the goalie charges at your player with the puck, takes him down, and an Interference penalty is called.

And just behind it is when the PC-controller player is behind the net, skates back when the rush goes the other way, and ends up walking into the goalie's arse (which then results in an interference penalty).

Since goalies can't be knocked down at all, and the only meaningful interaction (bumping them out of the way by skating into them at an angle) doesn't require a body check or poke check, Intereference penalties shouldn't even exist in NHL '94!

I don't mind the penalties. Frustrating sometimes, but at least it mitigates against some of the blatant net crashing, hooking and tripping with the pokecheck.

It doesn't really matter because powerplays in this game don't provide that much of an advantage (not like in real hockey anyways).

The coach sets the line-up, if players are taking more penalties than you'd like - then keep them out of your line-up.

Not sure how the Ck/Rgh/Agr stats work into things but there are definitely players (particularly defencemen) that are more penalty prone.