NHL'94 Forums

GDL X - Fall Reboot

PlabaxV2

GDL should start back up in the fall - with a reboot. Find out who is interested in playing and then redraft from a revised draft order.

I say revised because it wouldn't be fair for someone like Carse to be 2nd last, and then have me at 7th pick again.

disagree... that is just wasting time. keep the teams and get GDL X goin. sucks if all that effort for the last draft was for nothing.

totally agree. we have to keep our teams... maybe replace coaches that are not available any more.

I'm ok either way. I say base the decision on number of returning coaches. If we have 6-7+ not returning prolly better to redraft.

P.s. plabax prolly got spoiled playing with detroit in classic and now has to return to a grunt GDL team :)

f**k this we spent what a month doing the drafts and the trades?? no way we redraft without playing it

Agreed- after taking all that time to do draft & then have like month long chaos of trading- all of the time invested in that would be completly wasted if we redraft- plus who knows if trading 2nd time around would just turn into a clusterf*ck all over again

Edited by Wittgenstein

Agreed- after taking all that time to do draft & then have like month long chaos of trading- all of the time invested in that would be completly wasted if we redraft- plus who knows if trading 2nd time around would just turn into a clusterf*ck all over again

YOU're OUT OF ORDER

Doesn't make sense to me.. There is no problem when GDL doesn't start after all that time. Usually when "all that time" is invested and the league doesn't start people get mad..

That's just me, I just want to redraft my team :P

And not have everyone in the league with a team they didnt draft.

I wasn't in this league, but wanted to be primarily because of the draft. I thought the trade option, while cool, would potentially lead to imbalanced teams, which can always lead to quitting. Also, seemed to take forever to sort those out, which can lose momentum.

However, you guys ran 10 leagues w/ out issues, no?

I'm assuming you had trades in the first 9-10 seasons, and still finished them.

Is it just a bad group of owners this time around that brought it to demise, or did the union get together & cause a work stoppage?

From my understanding, the only thing holding the league back is that the rom and site aren't being made-- ie donch is too busy(/lazy).

I still don't understand why anyone cares about slightly imbalanced teams- most people play classic and those teams obviously aren't balanced. Game would suck if every player had same rating- the fun of 94 is each player's unique character. (TK having kill team would have been fun challenge for everyone.)

When I started playing about 3 years ago or so, GDL 08 just finished and the league was dormant for over 2 years. Donch came out of nowhere and resurrected GDL 09, and I finally got to play a season! The season ran great, Donch put a lot of work in. GDL X draft needed a lot of support from others as Donch started to get too busy with a life. Ultimately he faded, and as such the league with him.

I've said it before, all successful leagues have a commissioner who puts in the time and energy to make things happen. No Donch, no GDL.

Swos is involved too as the GDL site is his.

We are like at the 1 yard line for GDL X...we have a completed draft and ROM. Just no commish. And with the many months of delay, we have lost all momentum and interest. :(

why all? cant someone add a DB so we can log the games? who cares if it isnt a fancy site everything else is done no reason to redo the months of stuff we already did

Nah, the site is now 100% ready, you can upload games and see for yourself.

Edited by PlabaxV2

Guest goursie19

Doesn't make sense to me.. There is no problem when GDL doesn't start after all that time. Usually when "all that time" is invested and the league doesn't start people get mad..

That's just me, I just want to redraft my team :P

And not have everyone in the league with a team they didnt draft.

it's just you