NHL'94 Forums

SNES A - Edmonton's long journey has come to an end...

Oilers442

Upon falling to Bo's Buffalo Sabres 4 games to 1, the Edmonton Oilers have been eliminated from Spring 2013's SNES A playoffs. I'm certainly sad, disappointed, etc. but am proud to have achieved something that I proclaimed to this community last November that I would someday like to do...

I remember when I started playing SNES NHL 94 in December of 2010, I noticed that Edmonton was among the least used teams among the SNES community in both league and exhibition play. I could certainly see why initially as on the surface of things, Edmonton really doesn't look to be all that threatening, skilled, etc. However, as I slowly started to improve as a player, I started to give the team further usage in my exhibition matchups. With the addition of Craig Simpson to the starting lineup, I found that Edmonton became a team worthy of being used in league play and one that could be successful with enough patience.

After an early exit in the Fall 2012 SNES A playoffs with Washington, I decided that if I was able to play future NHL 94 online seasons, I wanted to use Edmonton to have a lot of fun with my favorite team, attempt to bring some respect back to the team, and hopefully influence other SNES players to give them a shot. With a 30-8 regular season record, a strong journey to the conference finals, and a lot of excitement and joy throughout the entire process, I'd say that I can rest easy even in the final shadow of defeat this season.

With that, I'll simply conclude by saying thanks to everyone (and I mean EVERYONE), for another great season...especially now that we're in the 20th anniversary of this amazing game. I can say for sure that next season, Edmonton will be making a return to SNES A for another crack at the championship...and maybe, just maybe Craig Simpson will be able to improve upon his suprising #4 finish in league scoring lol.

Thanks again everyone and see you again sometime soon...Fall 2013 will be here before we know it!!

-Oilers442

#Simpson3:16

Every game in our series was within 2 goals and we had 2 OT games. Oils easily could have won them both (hit a post in one and missed a pass, thanks to Petr's lack of passing skill, which would have been a wide open one timer in the other). So I'd say winning the Presidents' trophy and getting pretty damn close to making the finals with Edmonton is really impressive.