NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 7 Draft

Yes, I miss this league the most! While smozoma is not running Blitz anymore, I know he's always been helpful and willing to hand it off to others. I think the main thing holding us back is having someone with asp.net coding skills who has the time, energy and motivation to run the site. Personally, I've started to learn asp.net in an attempt to do this myself, but I fear it will take me too long. It's not something I can "pick up" in my spare time.

I've looked into cloning smozoma, but the main problem is it would take many years for embryo-smozoma to develop into '94-grand-wizard-smozoma. Plus it's illegal, so I'd have to get it done on the DL.

Also looked into obtaining a time machine to convince 5-years-ago-smozoma into coming to the future! Turns out that technology doesn't exist yet. Not to mention the time travel paradoxes that would arise if it did. Bummer.

So....465 days and counting... :mellow:

Really gutting. What a league..........................can we hold a Smozathon where we get washed up celebrities to hand over their self respect in return for begging for money from the general public, which we then hand over to Smozoma to run the league?

Seriously, this is the only league I would actually pay to play. Set up a paypal account whereby 24 of us hand over $20 to convince Smoz to set up the draft every year. lol

Tried the $ offer a few years ago but Smo was against the idea from what i recall. plabax is an option atsome point.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if we have a draft with position by position picking, I can make a random roster for everyone, or make a thread where we pick a time and pick.

Well, if we have a draft with position by position picking, I can make a random roster for everyone, or make a thread where we pick a time and pick.

speaking of the blitz draft it already make the use of a where it goes through picks 1-12 but then reverses every other rd.(ex.rd 1 is 1-12, rd is 12-1, etc)

yes the league already uses that format of pick a time and make a pick but instead of a thread it uses a website http://www.blitz94.com

Edited by mav

Draft and then worry about finding a commish?Why not? I'll take it at this point.

The problem Raph was talking about is that no one is able to work the website except Smoz.......................and to upload our savestates etc you need to have the website working.

Any new commish also needs to confirm the draft rules. I loved the idea of picking your protects before the draft started, so you had a base of a familiar roster before you started drafting & trading.

The problem Raph was talking about is that no one is able to work the website except Smoz.......................and to upload our savestates etc you need to have the website working.

Any new commish also needs to confirm the draft rules. I loved the idea of picking your protects before the draft started, so you had a base of a familiar roster before you started drafting & trading.

Well I was half-kidding, but someone needs to learn that ASP coding (I just looked that up btw, it'd take some time to learn). But a draft on the forums could really be done in the mean time if we really wanted. Only real question about the draft rules is who decides your protect groups.

But yeah, extremely unlikely and most people probably won't want to do it.

Edited by PRoBob38