NHL'94 Forums

GDL X - Start

PlabaxV2

Thanks Plabax for getting the site ready and starting the season! Here's some info for you all:

• 56 Game Schedule (4 games against each team in your division, 2 against every other team in the league)
  • Top 8 teams from each conference will make the playoffs
  • DNPs will hurt your playoff chances and your Draft spot for GDL 11
  • The season will be 8 weeks long, which is about 7 games a week
    • Jul 14 - 7 GP
    • Jul 21 - 14 GP
    • Jul 28 - 21 GP
    • Aug 4 - 28 GP
    • Aug 11 - 35 GP
    • Aug 18 - 42 GP
    • Aug 25 - 49 GP
    • Sep 1 - 56 GP (season over)

This schedule means we will finish the regular season around the beginning of September.

I think you all know how to contact each other and play. If you're having trouble getting games in, please use the GDL website contact method to show you've made an effort. This will be used to evaluate final standings.

If you fall too far behind and are unresponsive, you will be replaced. I really, really, really don't want to do this as this is a pretty good group of folks.

Current waitlist is as below. These guys are all itching to get in and play (and they WILL play the entire season!)

01. Brutus (IN)

02. Begley

03. niuhuskie224

04. Culls17

05. Jagr68

06. ProBob

07. Snyder

FYI, I have a hard enough time getting exhib games in as my hours are later than most. I'm not in the league, but 1st in on the waiting list.

If anybody wants to play exhib games, but wants to use your team to 'practice', or just having fun using them, I'll have this bin on file & willing to take one of those teams during exhib against your drafted team.

If my AIM is on, I'm usually game for a few.

Just trying to play some hockey :)

WHAT ARE THE ODDS :o

• 1 month later...

Thanks Plabax for getting the site ready and starting the season! Here's some info for you all:

• 56 Game Schedule (4 games against each team in your division, 2 against every other team in the league)
  • Top 8 teams from each conference will make the playoffs
  • DNPs will hurt your playoff chances and your Draft spot for GDL 11
  • The season will be 8 weeks long, which is about 7 games a week
    • Jul 14 - 7 GP
    • Jul 21 - 14 GP
    • Jul 28 - 21 GP
    • Aug 4 - 28 GP
    • Aug 11 - 35 GP
    • Aug 18 - 42 GP
    • Aug 25 - 49 GP
    • Sep 1 - 56 GP (season over)

This schedule means we will finish the regular season around the beginning of September.

I think you all know how to contact each other and play. If you're having trouble getting games in, please use the GDL website contact method to show you've made an effort. This will be used to evaluate final standings.

If you fall too far behind and are unresponsive, you will be replaced. I really, really, really don't want to do this as this is a pretty good group of folks.

Current waitlist is as below. These guys are all itching to get in and play (and they WILL play the entire season!)

01. Brutus (IN)

02. Begley

03. niuhuskie224

04. Culls17

05. Jagr68

06. ProBob

07. Snyder

According to this post since I have sent messages to all the coaches I didn't play I should have 0 DNP, is this another phantom rule change too?

The only 2 coaches I didn't play my games against are you & Nancy/Begley. I called you out via the AIM GDL X chat for like a week & 1/2 to no response ever.

Nancy is a known quitter, and it didn't surprise me to not hear from him. I had a hard time tracking you down in Classic spring, but you did play your games against me, and obviously, played them well, so I'm not saying you "ducked me". Just stating your implication above that you put yourself out there, didn't get your games in, & now you are getting penalized is babble & moronic/false. You are rarely on to play compared to most guys I try to find, whether in the AM or PM.

I had heard draft position gets hurt by DNP's as well, and REALLY wanted to get our 2 games in. Also, I have no messages from you on the PM, AIM, email or GDL Chat.

If someone have a ton of DNP's it's because they didn't really message anyone. The GDL X chat line was used by most people to line up games, and anyone who didn't get them in, more than likely, wasn't on that much either.

Raph seems to have more cred around here than most, so going on a long winded attack against one of the guys who plays well, spends his time helping others and plays his games is living up to the reputation TK & Co were labeling at you during Classic Spring, King of the Douchebags. I tried to defend your position then, as I felt you had rights to be in Classic B if you wanted without their cat calls, but you've got like a 3 post troll running here.

According to this post since I have sent messages to all the coaches I didn't play I should have 0 DNP, is this another phantom rule change too?

I saw that -- you sent a message to everyone on Friday night asking them what their availability is on Friday? Seriously? Not exactly an attempt at scheduling a game.

But since you feel I'm trying to screw your life, I'll give you credit for ALL of your DNP. Your new seed will be ...

Congratulations. You're scheduled to play the #2 seed, swos. I'll notify everyone else.

Next time you should put as much effort into playing your games instead of trolling around the forums complaining and accusing me of screwing you over.

Yeah dickon you see? Without rule change you are not 6th so you did not earn the 6th seed.

Now dickon says he would be fine playing swos as long as you played who is 8th if you use swos' method and scrap the 5-8 Win percentage.