NHL'94 Forums

GDL Records

kingraph

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know that and I definitely didn't put that in the ROM last season.

It would be great to have a real checking stat if possible! I have often wanted to know if how I think my team is checking is correct.

Didn't know that and I definitely didn't put that in the ROM last season.

I thought it was talked about in chat, but it was too late for last season and would be implemented this season. its possible i misinterpreted as well.

I"m going to put a few things to vote post lottery/during draft that don't affect whom you would draft.

Things like how to handle end of season games not played in terms of playoff standing and checks for/against.

We've already changed a few minor things over the years, so I don't see the harm in putting the other things to a vote. Just not right now.

• 4 months later...

Original post updated for GDL 15. Any records from GDL 15 are bolded. Below is a summary of anything that cracked the top 3. FPB's JR season records are crazy. I'm shocked that Carse still has the top 2 SOG in a season...that dude just took shots from everywhere! I took Coffey to new Dman records. Atomic captured the rare 8 PIM for one player in a game (Russ!), which has only happened 3 other times since GDL 6, and it should be noted the two new combined PIM records of 22 both went to OT.

~~~~~

Coach - Most Goals in a Season - Flamingpavelbure 420, 2nd all time!

Coach - Most Combined Assists in a Season - Flamingpavelbure, 493 - 3rd all time!

Coach - Most SOG in a Season - Flamingpavelbure, 955 - 3rd all time!

Coach - Most Combined Assists in a Single Game - Flamingpavelbure - 24, 3rd all time!

Player - Most Points in a Season - Jeremy Roenick (Flamingpavelbure), 388, NEW RECORD! (previous was 349)

Player - Most Goals in a Season - Jeremy Roenick (Flamingpavelbure), 338, NEW RECORD! (previous was 284)

Player - Most SOG in a Season - Jeremy Roenick (Flamingpavelbure), 744, NEW RECORD! (previous was 603)

Player - Most Points in a Single Game - Jeremy Roenick (Flamingpavelbure), 18, tied for 1st!

Player - Most Goals in a Single Game - Jeremy Roenick (Flamingpavelbure), 14, 2nd all time!

Player - Most Assists in a Single Game - Vincent Damphousse (IceStormNHL94), 9, tied for 3rd all time!

Player - Most SOG in a Single Game - Jeremy Roenick (Flamingpavelbure), 21, NEW RECORD! (previous was 20)

Player - Most PIM in a Single Game - Russ Courtnall (Atomic Raven), 8, tied for 1st! (only happened 3 other times!)

Defensemen - Most Points in a Season - Paul Coffey (kingraph), 187, NEW RECORD! (previous was 128)

Defensemen - Most Goals in a Season - Paul Coffey (kingraph), 89, NEW RECORD! (previous was 55)

Defensemen - Most Assists in a Season - Paul Coffey (kingraph), 98, NEW RECORD! (previous was 89)

Defensemen - Most Assists in a Season - Adam Burt (Flamingpavelure), 89, 2nd all time!

Defensemen - Most SOG in a Season - Paul Coffey (kingraph), 187, NEW RECORD! (previous was 161)

Combined Game Record - Most PIM, 22, Darko/JackVandal, NEW RECORD! (previous was 20)

Combined Game Record - Most PIM, 22, dexpsu83/SicariusFulgur, NEW RECORD! (previous was 20)

Interesting, when I started looking at goalie assists, I realized that I didn't have the goalie assists data from GDL 6-10 (old site) in my DB. So I had to do some data crunching and cleaning to get that old data loaded (I had it on a separate scoring summary table from the old GDL DB). This also affected season total assists for coaches, so I updated that as well.

Turns out Carse with Belfour is the goalie assist champ with 62, followed by Ice's Hrudey last season with 59, FPB's Hasek is tied for 3rd with 58, along with me/Ranford in GDL 12. Stats updated.

Don't forget the............awards for the most potent balanced offense. Of course I made this category up, but it is worth mentioning. For those who have great offensive seasons and spread it out very evenly. These are medals awarded to any coaches who had all 3 of their starting forwards in the top 20 in scoring (silver), or top 15 in scoring (gold) (via points per game). If anyone gets all 3 of their forwards in the top 10, they'll have obtained an elusive "platinum" medal, with all 3 fwds making the top ten in points per game? Plab came really close in GDL 14...

-GDL 15, Uncle Seth and Icestorm both attained gold, accomplishing it with the trios of Sanderson-Reichel-Bellows & Klima-Hogue-Damphousse respectively.

-GDL 14, Plabax took gold level with Oates-Bradley-Ysebart, Seth got silver with Gartner-Juneau-Murphy.

-GDL 13, Plabax took silver with Laffy-Lindros-Jagr

-GDL 12, Raph took gold with Dino-Bellows-Messier, Seth got silver with Klima-Kristich-Reichel

-GDL 11, no medals awarded

Edited by Uncle Seth

Is it possible to get some more team bsed stat records in here? Random stuff like like highest PP, PK, Penalty shot goals etc

I haven't gathered it, but it'd be do-able for GDL11-15, since that's all on nhl94online.com. The old GDL DB is missing a bunch of that data I believe, or you'd have to re-create it, etc.

I noticed I don't come close to contending for any of these records because I score a lot of points with my defensemen.

You're a regular in the running for the most potent balanced offense awards though. Almost took home the platinum medal recently!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Today I learned that I'm actually in the GDL record books for something other than being on the wrong side of a blowout (which I'm also in the GDL record book for.)

Here is an update from my earlier post that had goalie save % from GDL06 - GDL13. I updated through GDL16, and noted any moves by goalies since season 13.

01. Patrick Roy ------------------.690
02. Ed Belfour -------------------.690
03. Tommy Soderstrom -------------.670
04. Andy Moog (+1) ---------------.660
05. Tim Cheveldae (-1) -----------.650
06. Bill Ranford (+2) ------------.650
07. Jon Casey --------------------.650
08. Chris Terreri (-2)------------.650
09. Grant Fuhr -------------------.640
10. Bob Essensa ------------------.640
11. Dominik Hasek (+2) -----------.640
12. Ron Hextall (-1) -------------.630
13. Sean Burke (+1) --------------.630
14. Felix Potvin (+3) ------------.630
15. Curtis Joseph-----------------.620
16. Mike Vernon (-4) -------------.620
17. Tom Barrasso (-1)-------------.620
18. Kirk McLean (+2) -------------.610
19. Kelly Hrudey (-1) ------------.610
20. John Blue (+1) ---------------.610
21. Don Beaupre (-2) -------------.600
22. John Vanbiesbrk---------------.600
23. Mike Richter------------------.600
24. Daren Puppa-------------------.590

Here is an update from my earlier post that had goalie save % from GDL06 - GDL13. I updated through GDL16, and noted any moves by goalies since season 13.

01. Patrick Roy ------------------.690
02. Ed Belfour -------------------.690
03. Tommy Soderstrom -------------.670
04. Andy Moog (+1) ---------------.660
05. Tim Cheveldae (-1) -----------.650
06. Bill Ranford (+2) ------------.650
07. Jon Casey --------------------.650
08. Chris Terreri (-2)------------.650
09. Grant Fuhr -------------------.640
10. Bob Essensa ------------------.640
11. Dominik Hasek (+2) -----------.640
12. Ron Hextall (-1) -------------.630
13. Sean Burke (+1) --------------.630
14. Felix Potvin (+3) ------------.630
15. Curtis Joseph-----------------.620
16. Mike Vernon (-4) -------------.620
17. Tom Barrasso (-1)-------------.620
18. Kirk McLean (+2) -------------.610
19. Kelly Hrudey (-1) ------------.610
20. John Blue (+1) ---------------.610
21. Don Beaupre (-2) -------------.600
22. John Vanbiesbrk---------------.600
23. Mike Richter------------------.600
24. Daren Puppa-------------------.590

Using an average of 15 shots a game, Roy is allowing 31% or, 4.65 GAA, Puppa at 41% or 6.15, or the median at 37% 5.55 GA.

So about PLUS a goal a game the top goalies are worth, as previously mentioned in draft threads/aim chats, etc.

Where is a forward/defender worth MORE than a goal a game is the key point in when to DRAFT one of the top goalies, or allow them to pass by.

Most chats/forums on GDL discuss first Rd forwards being worth at least 2 goals a game, and top 5 picks worth even more.

Still, this updated chart is worth taking a hard look at come draft time, imo.

Using an average of 15 shots a game, Roy is allowing 31% or, 4.65 GAA, Puppa at 41% or 6.15, or the median at 37% 5.55 GA.

So about PLUS a goal a game the top goalies are worth, as previously mentioned in draft threads/aim chats, etc.

Where is a forward/defender worth MORE than a goal a game is the key point in when to DRAFT one of the top goalies, or allow them to pass by.

Most chats/forums on GDL discuss first Rd forwards being worth at least 2 goals a game, and top 5 picks worth even more.

Still, this updated chart is worth taking a hard look at come draft time, imo.

15 shots is way too high, if I had to guess I'd say on average 12.5 shots per game

• 3 years later...

Did Dmitry ever give up the seasons 1-5 stats?

I can't remember which season but I'm guessing 3 or 4 I thought I had won the scoring race with Bure and in the last 3-5 games Carse stormed back and past me :cry:

Think it was around 200 ish goals ,then the next season it exploded!

Edited by hokkeefan