NHL'94 Forums

NHL94.com Shark Week August 4th-11th

kupuck19

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't had any luck getting in touch with jagr68. I sent him a pm a few days ago and I never got a response. Is this guy a regular?

I got to bdiddy once. Over pm. It won't let me message him on aim for some reason.

Haven't had any luck getting in touch with jagr68. I sent him a pm a few days ago and I never got a response. Is this guy a regular?

Dude, I sent an AIM that the dates you sent won't work. I didn't hear back from you.

chefstar/etownbio -- not sure I'm getting through to you on AIM, just let me me know when you're done with your series and we'll get our games in. I'm easy to reach.

Ill dig into getting together and playing our series this weekend.....I'm out of town on vaca currently...thanks!

So this is pretty much the "Kick Off" post, start playing ASAP; would be great to have the tourney finish by Sunday the 11th.

Seano, Bdiddy, etownbio, and chefstar: You guys have the extra series so try to get this in quick as plabax and raph are waiting on the results for their first round. Don't forget you'll post the results here and NOT in google spreadsheets.

A bit about how the idea came about:

Over a year ago when Wittgenstein returned to the forums he hosted the Mighty Prizes League which used Anaheim vs Anaheim every game. This fun and interesting concept influenced Shark Week.

Every year Discovery Channel devotes one week to a shark-umentary marathon, known as Shark Week. This years Shark Week will be on TV from August 4th through August 11th, thus this tournament will run once a year concurrent with Shark Week devoting 1-week on NHL94.com to the San Jose Sharks.

Hopefully everyone has a bit of fun, gets to play a few new coaches, and use a team they normally wouldn't otherwise use.

Edited by kupuck19

I can be a replacement if you need another.

Keep on call - etownbio has been sorta mia, if he doesn't show up by Monday I may need you to take his place vs. chefstar88

Here were the randomizers for the match-ups, long over due:

2e0irrl.png

vcxhy9.png

With Jagr68 having to drop, I moved into his spot in the away randomizer and placed asstorm into my spot in the home.

1 v 1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 wound up being bracket A, 5v5, 6v6, 7v7, 8v8 wound up being bracket B

Edited by kupuck19

unfortunately with etownbio having been somewhat absent as chefstar88 has been on daily, its time for a replacement. jackandjose will step in.

GL!

Edit:

Etown has checked in and we'll be playing today. Jackandjose is alright with staying on call: Carse, Brutus, Min, Mav, Witt, and Probob are the only guys I haven't hear too much from.

Min and mav tend to be on at the same time so no too worried.

Carse still owes brutus games in other leagues, if carse is a no show by tomorrow night J&J will take his place.

Witt should be out of town until tonight, probob is aware of this and they'll get something played soon.

Edited by kupuck19

Icestorm demonstrates a great way to score during Sharkweek exi:

well at least Falloon is good at scoring somehow B) He NEVER played for the flyers :unsure:

Rd 1 update:

Seano forfeits due to a cold, Bdiddy will face plabax.

Carse hasn't been seen online since tourney start, with very limited time to complete Jackandjose has been brought into replace carse.

AJ knocks out Kupuck in a 5 game series, making the most of his in-depth knowledge of the 94 SJ sharks!

Icestorm takes out orangeblack92 in a 4 game sweep.

Wittgenstein moves on past Probob in 5 continuing strong play.

Chefstar88 leads etownbio 2-0 which should be finished tonight, winner advances on to face Kingraph.

Rd2:

Wittgenstein will face Icestorm, Witt has the home ice adv.

AJ awaits the winner of SOH/synder with home ice adv.

Play your games!

Thanks for playing etownbio,

Chefstar88 and XXbdiddyXX have been added into the googlespreadsheet, post all future scores to there.

Lets get rd 1 wrapped up so we can move on into the finals this weekend!

Brutus seals his shark attack finish against Jack&Jose w/ a 7 goal Falloon outburst to advance in Round 1, 4 games to 2.

Game 3 was a wild one, with my Sharks winning 1-0 on a J&J's own goal in the first 10 seconds to open the game, only goal of the game.

Thanks J&J for the fill-in, solid series.

Let me know who I play in round 2 guys. I'm on again tomorrow night, but probably late.

Brutus seals his shark attack finish against Jack&Jose w/ a 7 goal Falloon outburst to advance in Round 1, 4 games to 2.

Game 3 was a wild one, with my Sharks winning 1-0 on a J&J's own goal in the first 10 seconds to open the game, only goal of the game.

Thanks J&J for the fill-in, solid series.

Let me know who I play in round 2 guys. I'm on again tomorrow night, but probably late.

You'll play the winner of kingraph and chefstar88. Submit the scores on the google spreadsheet please.

Thanks to jackandjose for stepping in and playing!

RD 1: Complete!

Unfortunately bdiddy broke his controller, thus forfeiting vs Plabax.

Minpind swept Maverickz in a closely fought series with displays of good sportsmanship as the handshake line was all smiles and GGs.

Rookie Chefstar88 took an advanced 4 game crash course from talented veteran Kingraph, thanks for playing Chef hope to see you stick around for classic.

RD 2:

Wittgenstein (Home Ice) vs Asstorm

Plabax (Home Ice) vs Minpind

Angryjay (Home Ice) vs Vocally Caged

Kingraph (Home Ice) vs Brutus

Please play ASAP, would be fun if we could get a FRI SAT SUN nhl94shark marathon to wrap things up.

As a wise nhl94 player once said, "yeeeeeee" - minpinD

GL and have fun

Me and bdiddy are anything but clutch in this tournament, I get a cold, he breaks his controller, all before series start

RD 1: Complete!

Rookie Chefstar88 took an advanced 4 game crash course from talented veteran Kingraph, thanks for playing Chef hope to see you stick around for the classic.

Yeah I got NUT PUNCHED by KRaph as newbie to the league....he scored on my everywhich way (even some behind the net flip to the front stuff) to finish me off easily. I have a ways to go to compete with the talent in here but it's all in the name of hockey, gaming, and fun!

I see the classic in my near future....gotta get me sum hockey smarts!

Ty for hosting this tourney kupuck....and GL to KRaph with his next opponent.

Chef

Yeah I got NUT PUNCHED by KRaph as newbie to the league....he scored on my everywhich way (even some behind the net flip to the front stuff) to finish me off easily. I have a ways to go to compete with the talent in here but it's all in the name of hockey, gaming, and fun!

I see the classic in my near future....gotta get me sum hockey smarts!

Ty for hosting this tourney kupuck....and GL to KRaph with his next opponent.

Chef

Great attitude Chef -- It's all in fun, and classic will even out the skill levels a bit, so you'll face more opponents that are new to the league!

That "flip behind the net to front" stuff is called a Keg Toss. It's a tricky play to execute, you need to flip the puck with A from behind the net at a precise angle for the puck to bounce back in front of the net, freezing the goalie, and opening up a space near the post for the goal.

Learned it from swos, who does it better than anyone I've seen: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14943-swos-keg-toss/