NHL'94 Forums

NHL division names

halifax

What do you think of the name "Metropolitan" Division?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the name "Metropolitan" Division?

The Metropolitan is made up of the Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Flyers, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, New York Islanders, Carolina Hurricanes and Columbus Blue Jackets.

The Atlantic has the Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Senators, Sabres, Red Wings, Boston Bruins, Florida Panthers and Tampa Bay Lightning.

The Central has the Jets, Blackhawks, Colorado Avalanche, Dallas Stars, Minnesota Wild, Nashville Predators and St. Louis Blues.

The Pacific has the Canucks, Flames, Oilers, Sharks, Los Angeles Kings, Arizona Coyotes and Anaheim Ducks.

it should of been named after the classic divisions: Adams, Patrick, Smythe & Norris and the conferences should have been renamed to Wales & Campbell

It's so amazing how the NHL gets everything wrong. The Metropolitan / Atlantic division realignment is such an idiotic scheme that it hurts my brain to think about. I love hockey, but for nearly 20 years the NHL has just made awful move after awful move.

Division names don't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. In my opinion, the single biggest problem with the NHL is that the season is way too long. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are always in the summertime, which is idiotic because it's ICE HOCKEY. The Stanley Cup should be awarded in April or May at the latest. That's one reason why casual fans don't care about the NHL. They lose interest.

I'm looking forward to the '14 Winter Olympics, which they just announced that NHL players will participate in.

It's so amazing how the NHL gets everything wrong. The Metropolitan / Atlantic division realignment is such an idiotic scheme that it hurts my brain to think about. I love hockey, but for nearly 20 years the NHL has just made awful move after awful move.

Division names don't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. In my opinion, the single biggest problem with the NHL is that the season is way too long. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are always in the summertime, which is idiotic because it's ICE HOCKEY. The Stanley Cup should be awarded in April or May at the latest. That's one reason why casual fans don't care about the NHL. They lose interest.

I'm looking forward to the '14 Winter Olympics, which they just announced that NHL players will participate in.

I cant wait for next olympics as well. The team canada 'final roster' lists are already all over the place.

I would've liked to see them bring back the old names for the divisions....or at the very least, the names of the divisions that were used in SNES A.....those were great.

http://nhl94online.com/html/standings.php?lg=14&sublg=SNES-A

I've created another thread to continue a separate discussion that took up over 80% of this thread at one point.

http://nhl94buds.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=generaldiscussion

thanks guys for continuing your discussion there and not continuing here.:)

why couldn't it stay on this site?

I loved the Campbell and Wales

Patrick, Adams, Norris, and Smythe.

Wish they had come back.

It was and is also cool when Chris Berman use to refer to the old NFC Central in Football as the Norris.

Still does occasionally for the NFC North.