NHL'94 Forums

My Two Cents

I can read. While your articulation is piss poor, it's your opinion that's worse.

What fun would the site be if you only had ONE league? And why would you try to tear down Coach Mac's fun? I'd value his opinion a lot higher than your opinion, and just because you play the game better hardly means you understand it better.

Yeah i forgot you guys like the 94 where everyone holds hands, kisses ass and plays to have fun and not to win. That's not my mindset. You need competition and a lot of teams, it is more appealing to newcomers.

There is not enough time to reach deadlines in two leagues.. You still have all the leagues in the year lol. Wook couldn't play classic and GDL because of time issues.. So we got you in return which decreased the fun of the league since you should not have been in A.

With my way, everyone gets to play in Classic, GDL and Blitz and more games get played With your way people have to pick and choose 1 out of 2 or 3 simply because they will be kicked out and it just ends up being a matter of who is around the most and then it's just me, you, voc, raph and jackandjose in GENS A, while the same amount of games get played.

Your way, you tell people to do it the way you want, and like most 15 year old brats, that changes by the day.

The rest of the world doesn't work like that.

Your queer rants come closer to the kissing type than anything I'd have posted, so keep your fantasies all to yourself.

Take your little balls, kiss your mommy goodnight & get up early enough to catch the morning toons before tard school.

I agree that there should be a set schedule for leagues that run every year (Classic, GDL, Blitz). It helps people decide what league they have time to play in and what leagues they won't.

You start a league and assign coaches their teams and in a league expecting them to finish their season. A perfect league is one where you never have to replace anyone.

Once you start replacing guys who are causing the league to stall (not playing games), you change the level of competition. By putting a guy who should be in B and using him as a replacement in A, there's a strong chance he finished under .500, maybe even .250, whereas the original guy could have finished above .500.

The biggest problem here is almost everyone has an idea for a league. Well, that's nice, but before you decide on announcing it to everyone, think about what it takes to run a league:

1 - Have time to be around and run the league

2 - Make a website to run the league

3 - Maintain the website (update it, load scores, etc)

4 - Find enough guys where you can have a good amount of competition and also have guys on a waiting list for replacements

5 - Stay on top of guys who are slacking in the GP dept

6 - Settle problems between guys

7 - Keep the league fresh by changing things around every season

Most people thinking about running leagues can't do #1 let alone #1-7. If you can't set aside the time to dedicate to the league, it will fail, no matter how many or how few people are in it.

Small leagues (like Coach Mac's he's referring to) work because the guy running it can dedicate the time, and he keeps the league small and has guys he knows will play the games.

If you feel you can do everything above, then try and start a league. I think anyone trying to start a league should try it out in the summer. If you can get enough interest in the summer (the slowest time here), and you have the time to do everything and be dedicated to the league, then go ahead. If the league is successful, then you can try it again in the winter, or next year. Maybe at some point, if it takes off, we can stick in a set schedule with the other leagues.