NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94 anniversary edition coming with NHL 14!

welcome to the site bud. I was excited for this news, but since they are not having online capable...I'll probably pass on the purchase.

• 5 weeks later...

Confession: I haven't played any new hockey video games since Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey on the Nintendo 64. Of course, I've kept my Sega Genesis from way back when that has NHL 95 permanently in the slot (I know that fact is somewhat controversial to some on the site). I got really excited by the advertised anniversary mode on NHL 14 (which is how I found out about this site) and actually went out and bought an XBox 360 (just to get my hockey fix). The demo just came out yesterday and I downloaded it to give it a spin. I had been reading all about the game up until the release of the demo and was very, very excited.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement. To me it lacks the fun and magic of NHL 94/95 of years past. I've read on the forum that the newer NHL games don't live up to its 94 predecessor. I guess I just found that out firsthand. The XBox will be going back to Costco and I have a newfound respect for 94/95 and has ensured that my Genesis remains permanently connected to my TV.

I've been procrastinating playing NHL 94 online because I thought NHL 14 would end up consuming my playing time. Nope. I now am ready to try doing 94 over the internet. So glad I found this site!

Confession: I haven't played any new hockey video games since Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey on the Nintendo 64. Of course, I've kept my Sega Genesis from way back when that has NHL 95 permanently in the slot (I know that fact is somewhat controversial to some on the site). I got really excited by the advertised anniversary mode on NHL 14 (which is how I found out about this site) and actually went out and bought an XBox 360 (just to get my hockey fix). The demo just came out yesterday and I downloaded it to give it a spin. I had been reading all about the game up until the release of the demo and was very, very excited.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement. To me it lacks the fun and magic of NHL 94/95 of years past. I've read on the forum that the newer NHL games don't live up to its 94 predecessor. I guess I just found that out firsthand. The XBox will be going back to Costco and I have a newfound respect for 94/95 and has ensured that my Genesis remains permanently connected to my TV.

I've been procrastinating playing NHL 94 online because I thought NHL 14 would end up consuming my playing time. Nope. I now am ready to try doing 94 over the internet. So glad I found this site!

Welcome to the site bud. Classic league starts up in September....keep an eye out!

great story. welcome aboard.