NHL'94 Forums

A Suggestion for the Next GDL

PlabaxV2

Make the draft more balanced.. We were supposed to review the trades but all that happened was :

TK got denied Mogilny but somehow Carse is allowed Klima, Gretzky and Zhitnik. And then people were trading whenever they wanted to and now some teams suck. I did give away my 4th pick, but even if I had that pick my defensemen AND Forwards would still be worse than Carse's somehow, so we clearly went wrong somewhere.

I say we have a thread strictly for debating trades.. If someone puts the trade up for debate then we actually REVIEW the trade so the teams can be somewhat even. Having Kovalenko and Juneau and getting crushed by Klima and Gretzky is not the most satisfying thing when you are the GENS A champ..

Make the draft more balanced.. We were supposed to review the trades but all that happened was :

TK got denied Mogilny but somehow Carse is allowed Klima, Gretzky and Zhitnik. And then people were trading whenever they wanted to and now some teams suck. I did give away my 4th pick, but even if I had that pick my defensemen AND Forwards would still be worse than Carse's somehow, so we clearly went wrong somewhere.

I say we have a thread strictly for debating trades.. If someone puts the trade up for debate then we actually REVIEW the trade so the teams can be somewhat even. Having Kovalenko and Juneau and getting crushed by Klima and Gretzky is not the most satisfying thing when you are the GENS A champ..

Really? Just because you won classic but lose a few games in GDL we should change the entire system?

34c.jpeg

Nah Bo, once you lose to another A player 15-4 you know something is wrong. You can't explain how a COMMITTEE OF MODERATORS allows the best player to get the best team, this only happens if something is wrong.. And if something is wrong and we can fix it, why not?

I made some bad trades and all the committee did was come on AIM to tell me that I'm stupid.. But they dont VETO the trade I mean wtf is that..

Now when Mogilny is traded for Robitaille they want to drop to the floor and start shaking their ass and they veto that quick...

Don't know how and why the committee can choose certain players to screw over while they seem to have no problem when hokkee trades away 200+ spots. If you can answer these questions then I'll be quiet.

Edited by PlabaxV2

Haha yeah he beat me 15-4... but you see instead of coming on the boards and crying about it I went out and actually played some defense and I beat him 3-2 in the next game.

His offense is really good, no doubt, but his bench is very weak so if you injure a guy he's hurting. His goalie is probably the worst starter in the league. Plus his 2nd - 4th defensemen are pretty bad.

Best team? To you maybe, but it wouldn't fit my style so I'd rather have mine. He just made smart trades to build up what he cared about (obviously offense) and so it would fit the way he wanted to play.

when you are the GENS A champ..

Well, you did have Yzerman, Fedorov, Ciccarelli, Lidstrom and Chevy in classic so naturally there'd be a different 'feel' to your GDL squad.

a trade for robi and mogliny to the defending will obv be veto'd. carse's tm is totally beatable, you scored 10 goals on him in two games (Wendell young?!). don't blame the mods for losing out on 4pts.

Dont bother arguing with him, it's useless. I agree things got a little out of control in trading spearheaded by hokkee and plabax and their uncontrollable urge to trade. We should look at buttoning up things a bit. But by no means is this GDL any more unbalanced then classic seasons.

No you can trade just review the trades.. Not hard man.. Was there not some special rule regarding top the 10 picks in the past?? Top 10 players are sexy good. If you can somehow land two top 10 players and a top 5 dman.. is it not the best team? The guy is running around beating a GDL conference winner 15-4 and they are acting like it's normal. Ridiculous. When I scored 15 goals in a league game for GENS, I was dancing like swos when he gets a Mogilny trading card lol

If ppl would rather Sakic and Chelios over two top 10 picks then allow me picks 1 & 2 for next GDL. Ty!

Edited by PlabaxV2

lol the funniest part of this is that gretzky was injured for 2/3rds of the 2nd game, and was in the box a ton. next order of business: outlaw Christian Ruutu!

And you still have a top 10 player.. Klima, the one who s**t in your mouth last playoffs, we all know he is good enough to carry a team on his own.. So what is your point?

How about no trading at all ? Then teams would be more balanced for all.

for sure.

how much time is spent debtaing about trades?

how much time is spent for a rom to be set up after the drafting is done and theres still atrading period going on?

you can have the rom being built as the draft is going on and start the league almost right away.

Just my 5 cents (no more pennies in canada any more so I had to go the minimum)

shout out to kupuck.

Guest goursie19

No you can trade just review the trades.. Not hard man.. Was there not some special rule regarding top the 10 picks in the past?? Top 10 players are sexy good. If you can somehow land two top 10 players and a top 5 dman.. is it not the best team? The guy is running around beating a GDL conference winner 15-4 and they are acting like it's normal. Ridiculous. When I scored 15 goals in a league game for GENS, I was dancing like swos when he gets a Mogilny trading card lol

If ppl would rather Sakic and Chelios over two top 10 picks then allow me picks 1 & 2 for next GDL. Ty!

look, you had one 15-4 loss one year to a really good team with really skilled players. ya so what if the trades may have been a little wonky, LET IT GO!

I agree with plabax. We need a democracy. What we have now is a corrupt dystopian plutocracy. If someone calls out a trade, it should go the forums for a 'national conversation' & then a vote that all players get to be a part of- not just ass, swos and raph

I agree with plabax. We need a democracy. What we have now is a corrupt dystopian plutocracy. If someone calls out a trade, it should go the forums for a 'national conversation' & then a vote that all players get to be a part of- not just ass, swos and raph

:) I am just making a suggestion that is going to help reach the goal that we were trying to reach anyway. Not too sure why people are getting so frustrated

Guest goursie19

i would like to see an exi of plabax vs carse with their gdl teams switched. and/or a exi of them both using the same gdl team for some comparison

assuming that goes, upload the games to youtube. I wanna see the result

raphs post = gold.

Im in as long as plabax subs gretzky out for the last 2 periods and still beats my ass. Then it proves that klima-ruutu-turcotte-plug-zhitnik- WENDALL FKN YOUNG is an unstopable force. kill the season, lets redraft not sure how this juggernaut snuck through the cracks!!

:) I am just making a suggestion that is going to help reach the goal that we were trying to reach anyway. Not too sure why people are getting so frustrated

Truth is you are making this thread right after Carse swept ya, we already had to go through the trading drama once and its back here again due to your inability to handle losing (which you've admitted to).

You are just trying to hide your whining as a suggestion (not to say you don't have an argument) - this said I agree with Halifax and swos. No more trading is probably the best.

Old drama is old drama - no need to bring it back up.

Now someone pls put a lock on this drama-keg.

Edited by kupuck19

You guys are misunderstood. Im suggesting an alternate way to review trades since the way we are doing it now isn't working.

You guys are acting silly.. TK already proved that Klima alone is enough to poop in Kovalenko, Lebeau and even Belfour's mouth lol.

The last game was 9-7 anyway so Carse saying I should sub out is crazy. I would be down for same team comparisons though, should be fun.

EDIT: You can see carse is scared lololol becuz he doesnt have to put any effort when he has Klima and Gretzky.. 15-4 games with his eyes closed and his fingers cut off lol

Edited by PlabaxV2

Plabax broke they gay-o-meter again