NHL'94 Forums

There is no way to make fair trading because everyone has different opinions on certain players and theres no equation that will make it even.The only

hokkeefan

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be trading in GDL 11?

• yes
    • no
    • Hokkeefan will be the 1 and only judge for trading in the future.

I agree this could be tried. No trading would allow even teams for all players. I think having different draft positions to suit the kind of team you like is not a valid argument. When it's your turn to draft you draft the kinds of players you want in your team. Simple as that. It would make the draft even more interesting.

I agree this could be tried. No trading would allow even teams for all players. I think having different draft positions to suit the kind of team you like is not a valid argument. When it's your turn to draft you draft the kinds of players you want in your team. Simple as that. It would make the draft even more interesting.

This is what we should do,there is no 100% fair trading and trades like carses will always slip through .I agree with Swos that this would make the draft more interesting.I dont agree with Bo saying to only trade draft picks ,that could really screw us over.

At the very most it should be 2 trades per coach including picks,this would be manageable.

Either 2 trades per coach or no trading at all and if there is trading it CANT be managed by a select few cause of people hating each other and other coaches thinking some guys are too good or blah blah blah ,too much bullshit.

Trading causes so much crap ,i say if anyone is to judge trading it should be done by 1 person who doesnt hate anyone or is judgemental towards anyone in the lg and im the only mother fucker here that can do that ,i dont hate anyone or think anyone is better than anyone else and ive been playing 94 since 93 .I know other guys possibly are like that but some nice guys here are tooo carefree and would just say f**k it and let it through with a little coaxing .

Easiest answer is NO TRADING !!

Guest goursie19

no trading would be way a bit boring. however, if you put a 2-3 trade limit, it would be a bit more fair. another way to make it more fair is limit the trading period from the draft until the 1st checkpoint is reached by the team willing to trade, that way no true stars emerge and the trading is more fair (at that time).

goursie: You really can't have trading during the season because you'd need to re-do a ROM and fix the database every time a trade is made. This would be a huge inconvenience for everybody running the league. I remember one guy (vocally caged) had an interesting idea about a break in the middle of the season to allow trades and some type of all-star game, but that never happened. The trading deadline is always a little before the season kicks off so the commissioner or whoever is doing the DB can set it up.

I think the 2 or 3 trade limit is a good plan.

you should pick a number. Let us call this number x.

Only allow trades for which Player 1 Overall Draft Position - Player 2 Overall Draft Position < x

If multiplayer deals are involved, then you sum the draft positions and do the same thing.

Guest goursie19

goursie: You really can't have trading during the season because you'd need to re-do a ROM and fix the database every time a trade is made. This would be a huge inconvenience for everybody running the league. I remember one guy (vocally caged) had an interesting idea about a break in the middle of the season to allow trades and some type of all-star game, but that never happened. The trading deadline is always a little before the season kicks off so the commissioner or whoever is doing the DB can set it up.

I think the 2 or 3 trade limit is a good plan.

cuz i'm new to this site and thus have no idea how this league works, how long seperates the draft from the start of the season

Trading causes so much crap ,i say if anyone is to judge trading it should be done by 1 person who doesnt hate anyone or is judgemental towards anyone in the lg and im the only mother fucker here that can do that ,i dont hate anyone or think anyone is better than anyone else and ive been playing 94 since 93 .I know other guys possibly are like that but some nice guys here are tooo carefree and would just say f**k it and let it through with a little coaxing .

imagine_that_premiere_26_we__oPt.jpg

....maybe trade threads with voting polls for each trade? Or some kind of protection style draft like blitz? so people can kind of keep a core from last season and don't have to turn tricks to get players that they know worked for them.

cuz i'm new to this site and thus have no idea how this league works, how long seperates the draft from the start of the season

USUALLY it's a few weeks to allow for all the trading, then another week to set up the database and create the ROM with all the player info. Of course, the current season of GDL's draft ended February 28th and the season didn't start til July... but that's really an exception. Normally it's a few weeks for trades and setting up a database.