NHL'94 Forums

Ideas Page!

Seano7302

This where we will discuss our ideas for one-nighters. Just a few off the top:

• All Star Weekend Tourney: Where we do an allstar weekend. We get into pairs, do a fantasy draft (first night), do a best of 7 shootout series (second night), and play a game.
  • Hockey Day In Canada/USA: Either an all Canada or USA teams tournament (As in no using stars and such in Canada tournament and no using canadiens and such in USA tournament).
  • Don Cherry's Hockey Club: Every Saturday we play on of the scheduled match-ups for HNIC. Ranging from Leafs vs Habs to Oilers vs Flames.'

I hope you guys contribute and help get more ideas out there for noobs like me to become better players.

pick a team

get randomly assigned one other person to play against

choose up to seven alterations*

play a no-substitutions-from-chosen-starters best-of-seven series with five-minute games and line changes off and all penalties on

two best winning teams by least total goals allowed -- with ties broken by most total goals scored -- play one game for title

*alterations: from the commissioner/editor-selected master ROM allow each participant to raise each must-start-and-play-unless-injured (automatic substitutions for penalties and injuries) player in one category by up to two ratings "points." for each such raise, another starting player must be lowered in the same category by the exact same number of ratings "points." goaltenders have single-player ups and downs in agility and puck control or glove and stick stats and cannot be used for downgrades to boost other skaters.

example:

2014 ROM - Bruins

Bergeron-Cleary +2, Marchand -2 (weight)

Eriksson +1, Marchand -1 (speed)

Marchand +2, Krug -2 (speed)

Krug +1, Marchand -1 (stick handling/puck control)

McQuaid +2, Bergeron-Cleary -2 (agility)

Rask +2 puck control, -2 agility

complex, I know, but a good commissioner and ROM editor could make it a fun event. I think a fair way to select teams would be, in the commissioner's time zone, allow everybody who submitted on the first day their top five choices of teams to use to be in drawing for teams with randomized drawings in order of how popular the teams were in the choices. first choices would be given +5 toward popularity and fifth choices would be given +1. remaining unassigned teams would be listed for choosing in the following day(s).

Guest goursie19

This where we will discuss our ideas for one-nighters. Just a few off the top:

• All Star Weekend Tourney: Where we do an allstar weekend. We get into pairs, do a fantasy draft (first night), do a best of 7 shootout series (second night), and play a game.
  • Hockey Day In Canada/USA: Either an all Canada or USA teams tournament (As in no using stars and such in Canada tournament and no using canadiens and such in USA tournament).
  • Don Cherry's Hockey Club: Every Saturday we play on of the scheduled match-ups for HNIC. Ranging from Leafs vs Habs to Oilers vs Flames.'

I hope you guys contribute and help get more ideas out there for noobs like me to become better players.

to build off your Don Cherry tourney

1. every Saturday of the NHL hockey season (unless you can't muster up 4 available players)

2. Best-of-3 series for each matchup

3. Winner for each matchup goes to final (also best of 3). example: Habs beat Leafs and Oilers beat Flames so the Habs would play the Oilers in the final

• 3 months later...