NHL'94 Forums

I need to improve, and am looking for advice

MrDerp4321

Hey everyone... so i've been getting pounded in all my league games... my own fault, i haven't played in forever.

What i'd like to do is ask for help. I'm going to record my next game and post it here.. and i was wondering if anyone would be willing to provide some assistance by watching the game and seeing where i go wrong.

any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by MrDerp4321

Hey that is a great idea man. I love to talk about 94 and bs about how the game works. I could post on here what I think, or I could talk about it on aim if you'd prefer. I think it would help a lot if you could get a bunch of people to all give you input on the same game. I'm also curious as to what other people would say

I'd be glad to discuss. I agree that this is a great idea. A lot of times it can something so simple that makes a huge difference. Not that I have any real GDL experience but the game in general anyhow.

Edited by PRoBob38

I can play an exi against you and see where you are weak. I have a lot of free time today so just pm me.

Hey that is a great idea man. I love to talk about 94 and bs about how the game works. I could post on here what I think, or I could talk about it on aim if you'd prefer. I think it would help a lot if you could get a bunch of people to all give you input on the same game. I'm also curious as to what other people would say

you should work on an ultimate strategy guide with me...;)

Just play as often as you can against anyone online. Download the buddy list of all the guys on here and IM them if they're showing green/available.

As for teams, I'd suggest you start out using some of the skilled but medium speed teams like Boston, Montreal, Phili or Quebec. They have good players, but none that are so fast that they'll be buzzing all around recklessly and harder to control. Teams with skaters at average speed will make it easier for you to practice fundamentals, like making and cuffing/receiving passes, setting up one-timers, and lining up guys to hit or poke check.

Edited by Uncle Seth

you should work on an ultimate strategy guide with me... ;)

eek I know man it is disappointing that I haven't done anything with it. It's just the motivation that's so hard to find. Making videos and stuff takes so long, shoulda used my week off from work a month ago to get started :(