NHL'94 Forums

Anybody interested in running a League or Tournament?

PlabaxV2

not interested in full duties, but I would be willing to make schedules and playoff brackets. I also would not be playing in this league

W/e.. lol strike this anyway I got a wish from jackandjose and kingralph for WBFClassic. Not running it though :)

I'd be happy to help run a WBF classic league. I'd suggest registration towards the end of fall classic, where we have lots of player activity and can continue the momentum into another league.

I also like the idea of one big league, where better players get weaker teams, etc. Something to discuss with J&J or whoever else wanted to run that league.

WBFClassic??? So many similar leagues working with similar systems..King, your idea with the survivor league was awesome and it bring something new from the 10000 other leagues that were made before....

I think Plabax is trying to say, he's taken the time to code a site & design it himself, and wants to fill in a league to test it out.

The Blitz site is already built and uses an older code, ASP, from my understanding. Plabax codes in PHP, and would have to learn an entire new language to run Blitz, which is not what he's trying to do here at this time.

Aside from being weight bug fixed w/ custom checking, which is NOT that different from WBF Classic, I'd thought most of Blitz's appeal was the complicated site Smoz had built that incorporated all the stats & hacks of his complicated ROM and enabled these multi-level leagues to incorporate each other with the drafts, etc.

I could be wrong. I

IF I am, count me in for a Plabax run Blitz site. If not, we still need to find someone to figure out Smoz's site, but that would be done somewhere else, as we'd be trolling (Plabaxing) Plabax forum page about his site!

Aside from being weight bug fixed w/ custom checking, which is NOT that different from WBF Classic, I'd thought most of Blitz's appeal was the complicated site Smoz had built that incorporated all the stats & hacks of his complicated ROM and enabled these multi-level leagues to incorporate each other with the drafts, etc.

I could be wrong. I

IF I am, count me in for a Plabax run Blitz site. If not, we still need to find someone to figure out Smoz's site, but that would be done somewhere else, as we'd be trolling (Plabaxing) Plabax forum page about his site!

Yeah I can do that too.. I feel kinda bad though. I need the previous stats in the database though. lol sorry for the double post.

Edited by PlabaxV2

How about an even Steven league. Play each opponent 4 times(2 home, 2 away). Home team chooses which team they will use and away team has to use same team for both games. Ottawa, Hartford, etc. could now be used without fear of being over matched. Would be a good warm up for fall classic.

Edited by jackandjose

How about the Historic Hockey League. You can pick any team from any year (NHL Teams) to use in the league.

WBFclassic draft league. let's do that #reviveblitz

blitz??

i meant just do the next blitz league on that site instead of where it is now.

what dickon said! great idea

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Guest goursie19

Maybe a NHL94 world cup, where we divide into groups and have round robin group stages and knockout rounds.

that would be awesome with an international rom but 1. it would take a hell of a long time and 2. whoever has Canada wins

that would be awesome with an international rom but 1. it would take a hell of a long time and 2. whoever has Canada wins

There already is one and obviously the rosters will be drafted..

Yeah I can do that too.. I feel kinda bad though. I need the previous stats in the database though. lol sorry for the double post.

I agree it would suck to just do away with the league history, but maybe there is a way to extract the stats from the database and import them into yours.

I believe that Smoz keeps all the save states on the server so maybe they could just be uploaded into your site too.

Lets get it done! Port the Blitz stats to a new site & get the best league in the community running again!