NHL'94 Forums

Anybody interested in running a League or Tournament?

PlabaxV2

Lets get it done! Port the Blitz stats to a new site & get the best league in the community running again!

ive never seen such enthusiasm

Let's do a draft league for B players and newcomers. Between classics these players have no where to go to fuel their enthusiasm for 94. Sure, some are playing in the current gdl, but most B players from the spring classic have basically disappeared and will probably not be seen again for the most part. A league like this might go a long way to keeping these players involved and grow the overall online participation.

A 3on3 Draft League B)

It's on. Is there a 3 on 3 genesis rom I could chop up for da league

I've been working on a tournament site to enable guys who aren't in leagues to get involved in some meaningful exhibs as well as others who are but have extra games in them to join a quick tournament without committing a season length of games.

Coming along slower than I like, but I think it'll be here shortly.

Hoping that fills some of the B league void.

I AM DOING BLITZ 8! Not Smoz, but will do it. I will post a registration forum

The 93 draft league we did with 6 players was a lot of fun. Easy to get 6 guys together, draft could be done in a couple of days and a quick 2 game set with each other player to set up the playoff seeds.

Would be a nice fit for 94 with both A/B players.

Jer

I am a new comer here and am interested in getting in some leagues....keep me in the loop guys as I'd like to play in this one if it happens.

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking a classic 3 round draft league with 16 teams would be cool. 1st round you pick your team. 2nd and 3rd rounds you would pick free agents from the pool of players left over from the remaining 8 classic teams that weren't selected in the first round. These rounds would be picked in reverse order from 1st round giving coaches with weaker classic teams a better chance to improve their club. Trading is a possibility too. Finally, from your classic team selected, 2 free agent draft rounds and trades you would make up your 12 man roster. 8 team divisions. 4 games against each divisional rival and 2 against each team from other division. 44 game season followed by playoffs.

Edited by jackandjose

Was thinking about a 10-12 team classic contraction league, coaches get to draft 2 teams in a snake draft and incorporate the players into a single team.

Could be run as a quick league, or as a tournament.

Was thinking about a 10-12 team classic contraction league, coaches get to draft 2 teams in a snake draft and incorporate the players into a single team.

That's a pretty cool idea. Some balancing would need to be done to make it interesting, though (obviously no expansion teams).

Unrelated to your league, but kero5hin and I have been talking about starting a rando-league on sea-hag.

The general gist is this:

- each player gets ten random teams.

- you can only play each team ONCE.

- visitor picks first.

Playoffs would be another new set of teams which would be given before they start. Same rules apply.

It'd bring a bit of strategy to the matchups instead of one dude taking the penguins and scoring 90000 goals with lemieux in SNES.

It seems like most people here are more interested in draft lesgues, though, so I'm unsure of how many people would play...

Unrelated to your league, but kero5hin and I have been talking about starting a rando-league on sea-hag.

The general gist is this:

- each player gets ten random teams.

- you can only play each team ONCE.

- visitor picks first.

Playoffs would be another new set of teams which would be given before they start. Same rules apply.

It'd bring a bit of strategy to the matchups instead of one dude taking the penguins and scoring 90000 goals with lemieux in SNES.

It seems like most people here are more interested in draft lesgues, though, so I'm unsure of how many people would play...

This sounds like a miniature Survivor League, which people liked. I'd be down too. I know I've said this 100 times, but I HAVE to actually get some games on sea-hag. It's my favorite '94 website layout!

Haha, I have some updates coming. It's been relatively dormant for a while, but I want to streamline some things. Once I'm done cleaning up some old stuff, I might just release the source as-is before I start working on other new features (league!)

IDEA!

Rom: Emer and I's NHL 14 2 on 2.

Rosters: Draft league. But each player picks 2 players, gets randomly paired up with another player, they get a random goalie (From Rask to Bryzgalov), and chooses a team name, and has the option to play games solo or together. 5 games before the playoffs your goalie, and partner will be switched.

A 2 on 2 juiced rom league. A 3 on 3 survivor league. A No goalies 2 on 2 league. Just a few ideas to get the ball rolling