NHL'94 Forums

Who's Playing This Fall? And what consle and division are you playing in?

Seano7302

Hello, I was wondering if any of you already have planned what you will be doing for the classic league. I am doing both SNES and Genesis. Probably would like A for SNES (I am a boss on that thing. Beat the West All-Stars with Lightning 6-0), and B for Genesis. I know some of you guys are A and always A. And some play in like 9 divisions.

I'd recommend playing SNES B first unless you've been playing a bunch of exhibitions with A guys already. I could beat the CPU All-Stars 20-0 with Ottawa but that didn't translate to success when I started playing online, in fact, I got my butt kicked by 10 goals or more at first.

You should add all the guys from the SNES online list and start playing exhibitions with them, that way you can get a feel for what league you should be playing in depending upon how well you do. You can start by adding me, I'm Northway Native on AIM, I'll put you through the paces.

if you mean that you beat the Allstars six to nothing when playing against the computer, you'd probably start in C. have you ever put up over a hundred and ten goals in one game with the original ROM/cartridge? I have and I'd probably get housed in SNES B. 6-0 ain't shit.

I'd recommend playing SNES B first unless you've been playing a bunch of exhibitions with A guys already. I could beat the CPU All-Stars 20-0 with Ottawa but that didn't translate to success when I started playing online, in fact, I got my butt kicked by 10 goals or more at first.

You should add all the guys from the SNES online list and start playing exhibitions with them, that way you can get a feel for what league you should be playing in depending upon how well you do. You can start by adding me, I'm Northway Native on AIM, I'll put you through the paces.

Don't do aim much. Not an 11 year old thing. Have one but it won't work. I just PM people. I can hook up with you for SNES or GENS.

Don't do aim much. Not an 11 year old thing. Have one but it won't work. I just PM people. I can hook up with you for SNES or GENS.

Don't PM, learn to use AIM because there are people who like to play but they don't use the forums.

You can only choose one console and as a new player you will be put in B or C division, depending on how we set it up.

As recommended, use AIM and actually play some folks. I can assure you that you will be humbled.

You're new and young, so please take some time to read through the forums for a better understanding of how things work before posting. I appreciate your enthusiasm and want to encourage it, but you'll have to do some work on your end as well.

if you mean that you beat the Allstars six to nothing when playing against the computer, you'd probably start in C. have you ever put up over a hundred and ten goals in one game with the original ROM/cartridge? I have and I'd probably get housed in SNES B. 6-0 ain't shit.

You know you're talking to a little kid, right? Try to be a little less condescending next time.

Well if AIM isn't "an 11 year old thing" how is posting on a forum any different? All I'm saying is that if you want to get good at this game you need to play other people online, and AIM is the platform for doing so.

Edited by NorthwayNative

it wasn't meant to be condescending, just a reality check. I think worse is that somebody told him when he asked this in another thread that he'd qualify for SNES A. at least I was being serious. tone is hard to infer online, so I recommend initially reading posts without assuming an implied tone. 6-0 is not a thing. that's just a fact.

You know you're talking to a little kid, right? Try to be a little less condescending next time.

Well if AIM isn't "an 11 year old thing" how is posting on a forum any different? All I'm saying is that if you want to get good at this game you need to play other people online, and AIM is the platform for doing so.

AIM just is not my style. Email yes, pm yes, aim no.

it wasn't meant to be condescending, just a reality check. I think worse is that somebody told him when he asked this in another thread that he'd qualify for SNES A. at least I was being serious. tone is hard to infer online, so I recommend initially reading posts without assuming an implied tone. 6-0 is not a thing. that's just a fact.

I don't really care about that post. I just love 94 so hope to eventually play the best.

You can only choose one console and as a new player you will be put in B or C division, depending on how we set it up.

As recommended, use AIM and actually play some folks. I can assure you that you will be humbled.

You're new and young, so please take some time to read through the forums for a better understanding of how things work before posting. I appreciate your enthusiasm and want to encourage it, but you'll have to do some work on your end as well.

Oh don't worry. The only 3 sites I have been this summer is this site, nhl94online.com, and minecraftdl.com

AIM just is not my style. Email yes, pm yes, aim no.

I don't really care about that post. I just love 94 so hope to eventually play the best.

Unfortunately, you're the only member that wants to play online without using AIM.

The community uses AIM as THE MAIN METHOD of getting in touch to play games.

You can continue to email and pm, but you won't get much of a response.

It will be near impossible play league games, let alone run a league if you are not willing to get AIM working.

Get AIM going so you aren't out of the loop for Shark Week.

Unfortunately, you're the only member that wants to play online without using AIM.

The community uses AIM as THE MAIN METHOD of getting in touch to play games.

You can continue to email and pm, but you won't get much of a response.

It will be near impossible play league games, let alone run a league if you are not willing to get AIM working.

Get AIM going so you aren't out of the loop for Shark Week.

Will do. I hope to get it to work. I guess my ipad might be better

I hate AIM, but it's what everyone uses. Seriously, no one wants to use email or PMs, it's just too inconvenient when trying to do have an actual real-time conversation.

There are other programs you can use to get on the AIM network, if you don't want their particular software. I'm using Pidgin. Trillium is another.

I play against Plabax sometimes.