NHL'94 Forums

Ztilb (It's not blitz cause smoz isn't running it) 8 Registration

Seano7302

I am no smozoma, but hope to bring a fun few seasons to you.

Blitz (Ztilb pronounced Zit-ill-B) is back and better than ever. With a A, B, and C league, in which the C league will not draft, but be assigned one of the other drafted teams. Here is the specifications for the league.

Game Rules

• 5 Minute Periods
  • Manual Goalie
  • Line Changes
  • Penalties, no Offsides

League Format

• 2 Divisions (Per Tier) with a max of drafted 7 teams in each (Because C just uses another persons team).
  • 20 Game Season, over the course of 4 weeks.
  • May not start until mid-classic season due to lack of members.

Draft Format

• Same as old blitz, but at end you must have 2 Goalies, 6 D, and 9 Forwards.

Help Wanted

• Assistant Commish (Incase school keeps me off the forum for a while)

I hope you register, and have a great summer :)

Enthusiasm is great. I seem to remember being pretty naive about how to go about things too when I ran the 2011 league after only 1 classic season.

Seriously, you need to realise that Blitz is basically THE league that everyone loves in this community. The last thing we need is a noob with no experience of running a league setting stuff up that doesn't work, or worse still starting something that's too big for them, not finishing it or possibly even ruining something that's so loved around here.

Blitz needs a safe pair of hands: Someone who's been around a while, understands exactly how Blitz works and also has the proven complex technical skills to make a league that is totally stat-heavy, run smoothly & enjoyably.

I don't want to dull your enthusiasm. This community will continue to thrive for another 20 years exactly because guys like you get involved, but, like Kingraph said, play a season of classic. See if you like it, see how everything works. Have a play with a small stat-based league you could run as the fall-classic warm-up perhaps that lasts like 2 or 4 weeks with like 8 teams in it. Build your experience, as a player and as a league organiser.

You seem to be running on pure enthusiasm and a crate of mountain dew right now! lol

Enthusiasm is great. I seem to remember being pretty naive about how to go about things too when I ran the 2011 league after only 1 classic season.

Seriously, you need to realise that Blitz is basically THE league that everyone loves in this community. The last thing we need is a noob with no experience of running a league setting stuff up that doesn't work, or worse still starting something that's too big for them, not finishing it or possibly even ruining something that's so loved around here.

Blitz needs a safe pair of hands: Someone who's been around a while, understands exactly how Blitz works and also has the proven complex technical skills to make a league that is totally stat-heavy, run smoothly & enjoyably.

I don't want to dull your enthusiasm. This community will continue to thrive for another 20 years exactly because guys like you get involved, but, like Kingraph said, play a season of classic. See if you like it, see how everything works. Have a play with a small stat-based league you could run as the fall-classic warm-up perhaps that lasts like 2 or 4 weeks with like 8 teams in it. Build your experience, as a player and as a league organiser.

You seem to be running on pure enthusiasm and a crate of mountain dew right now! lol

No, just 11 year old spirit.

I just love organizing things. I will start the warm-up league!

Also it will run for 20 years because we have a crew of young guys (Goursie19 says he is 13, PlabaxV2 is 15, and I just turned 11)

yeah ok. but you see the thing is you want to run a league through e-mail when almost every league like GDL, Blitz(the real one), and classic has its own site to upload savegames, or log scores. I mean writing down game summaries and then emailing them is kinda of a chore that nobody wants to do

Guest goursie19

Help Wanted

• Assistant Commish (Incase school keeps me off the forum for a while)

I hope you register, and have a great summer :)

I would rather someone with more xp take the assistant commish position, but I am interested if nobody else is

My son is busy making sure his XBOX live avatar looks somehow like a penis w/out getting banned, and you d&ckheads are trying to organize a game older than you to play in a league w/ old people?

Do you try to play your games while Dora the Explorer is paused, during commercials or do you go bold & let it run in the background while you play?

Seriously, Toon town has a forum just for kids like you.

My son is busy making sure his XBOX live avatar looks somehow like a penis w/out getting banned, and you d&ckheads are trying to organize a game older than you to play in a league w/ old people?

Do you try to play your games while Dora the Explorer is paused, during commercials or do you go bold & let it run in the background while you play?

Actually h NHL 94 has dominated my summer other than the 3 week camp with computers and sports I went to. Yes sometimes I play with NHL 94 with NHL Network in the background, but no dora. I hope you are happy you picked on a helpless 11 year old.

Yeah, I feel extremely happy I picked on a 11 yr old.

I feel even happier he posts on every forum & I get to read about this helpless 11 yr old minecrafting little child's thoughts.

Maybe, you could start doing 3 posts in every forum to make it more interesting, like responding to yourself. Have a me, myself & I type thread on every thread. That would really make Uncle Brutus the happiest.

Guest goursie19

sir I really wouldn't be complaining about having teenagers enjoying NHL 94. I would love that this game is being passed on to a second generation instead of harping on the people trying to continue the game's legacy. as well sir, my tv is dominated by 3 channels: TSN, TSN2 and NHL Centre Ice. to answer your question, no dora is never playing on the background while i'm playing 94.

I hadn't realized we had two of you now.

ARGH

Sir, I've got no problem with how you play or how often, but you & your compadre keeping posting all over the place like its a sticker book & you feel compelled to place your little flowers on all the pages.

But it's not my site. As far as I can tell, you are allowed to be annoying all over the place & apparently, I'm allowed to complain about it.

PLOT TWIST= Goursie and Seano are the same person

But yeah as entertaining as your guys misguided opinions are to read, its getting annoying to see them on EVERY.SINGLE.THREAD.

But yeah as entertaining as your guys misguided opinions are to read, its getting annoying to see them on EVERY.SINGLE.THREAD.

yes, agreed, very annoying.... join AIM and ask people that way instead of posting your every thought....

I will tell this from experience. My first year here I was 16, it was summer, and I didn't have a job. This site was basically my best friend that summer (the problem when you go to a private school, and your friends don't live near you). Once I got a job and found funny shows on TV in the next couple of years, I was not on half as often. I don't blame you guys for being overly active and excited about this, but it will wear off soon enough. So let them have their fun everyone.

Guest goursie19

I will tell this from experience. My first year here I was 16, it was summer, and I didn't have a job. This site was basically my best friend that summer (the problem when you go to a private school, and your friends don't live near you). Once I got a job and found funny shows on TV in the next couple of years, I was not on half as often. I don't blame you guys for being overly active and excited about this, but it will wear off soon enough. So let them have their fun everyone.

ya my job only lasts from mid-September- end of June so summers can be especially boring but good news everyone i'm gonna on a 11-day vacation so you get a break from my "annoying" ass!

I find the increased activity to be a good thing. Sean may be a bit too eager to be a leader, but at least he's trying to make this place better. that's a lot more than can be said of lots of veterans. if energetic rookies drive you crazy, it may be time to retire, oldtimer. advising that discussion of the game should happen on an outdated instant messager seems backward. is the message board only for drunken trades and claiming stuff is in the gay? maybe bitching about kids should happen on America Online Instant Messager, only....

Yeah, I feel extremely happy I picked on a 11 yr old.

I feel even happier he posts on every forum & I get to read about this helpless 11 yr old minecrafting little child's thoughts.

Maybe, you could start doing 3 posts in every forum to make it more interesting, like responding to yourself. Have a me, myself & I type thread on every thread. That would really make Uncle Brutus the happiest.

I hadn't realized we had two of you now.

ARGH

Sir, I've got no problem with how you play or how often, but you & your compadre keeping posting all over the place like its a sticker book & you feel compelled to place your little flowers on all the pages.

But it's not my site. As far as I can tell, you are allowed to be annoying all over the place & apparently, I'm allowed to complain about it.

I hope you have had fun. They have banned players with skill but bad attitudes before, so I would keep shut

Misguided you say, I have opinions that are actually not misguided. 1. I like NHL 94. 2. I think hockey is awesome. 3. I am interested in learning unlike some kids at my school who go around dropping f bombs and talking about innapropiate stuff instead if doing homework

Guest goursie19

Misguided you say, I have opinions that are actually not misguided. 1. I like NHL 94. 2. I think hockey is awesome. 3. I am interested in learning unlike some kids at my school who go around dropping f bombs and talking about innapropiate stuff instead if doing homework

you don't drop f bombs and talk about pussy? jeez how many friends do you have in real life

...when I was on the forums at age 13 I rarely posted and when I did, it wasn't some dumb post that nobody cared about. Seriously, can we get a post limit for these two? Seano's sig and goursie's post above are the final straws.

final straws? that's got to be a joke that I just don't get. his signature is fine. please, kids, don't be bullied by these Genesissies. they rarely contribute and feed off of pointless drama and bickering. at least you guys are leaps and bounds more mature than Plabax and some of the moderators here. thanks for trying to make this place a worthwhile home for discussing and organizing any and all things NHL '94. it's a constant battle, but if you don't stand up for yourselves the mob mentality will burn/kill/torture many an imagined witch/communist/terrorist.

I was talking about your opinions such as running a league through email. That seems like it would put more work on the players, and would cause the league to progress slower. That might also cause players to drop out of the league. Also, your reluctance to use AIM makes it difficult for other users to contact you, as not everyone contacts each other thorugh PM's.

you don't drop f bombs and talk about pussy? jeez how many friends do you have in real life

Quite a few

I was talking about your opinions such as running a league through email. That seems like it would put more work on the players, and would cause the league to progress slower. That might also cause players to drop out of the league. Also, your reluctance to use AIM makes it difficult for other users to contact you, as not everyone contacts each other thorugh PM's.

No I just got aim to work