NHL'94 Forums

Fall Classic 2013 Suggestions

halifax

In another month's time, we will be starting up another awesome season of nhl'94 classic.

Chaos, supreme chancellor of 94 classic buds, Kingraph, super GENS buds commissioner, and I, super SNES buds commissioner have been discussing for the upcoming season.

We are looking at bringing back the 20 gamer league with reduced amount of coaches to play during the regular season (4 to 5 coaches) and a shorter play-offs, (best of 5s). Of course we still keep the 40 game leagues as well.

We had the 20 game leagues back in Fall 2007. That season we saw breakthrough "rookies", Sebe and Icestorm smash their way through GENS C.

Fall 2007.pdf

Feel free to post suggestions for this upcoming season. Thanks buds.

20 games would be ideal, I think. With the 40 game season, I've found it difficult to track everyone down for all four games. As it gets later in the season, it's more difficult to find them and everyone starts losing interest.

16 Teams, 4 Divisions of 4 and 20 Games.

4 games against the other 3 in your division for 12 games, and 2 against the other 4 in your conference for 8 and a total of 20 games.

or

12 Teams, 2 Conferences of 6 and 20 Games.

4 games against each opponent in your conference.

Edited by PlabaxV2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cool lol, what kind of punishment is that? There's a thing called a signature, read on it.

I think a pic would be better. Because on certain topics sigs can be disabled

Given the hot thread about GDL playoffs, (the DNP penalty pts, the seeding controversy etc),,,...........will any changes be implemented for this upcoming classic? IMO, this is a logical time to lobby for or against possible changes.

Edited by Uncle Seth

Given the hot thread about GDL playoffs, (the DNP penalty pts, the seeding controversy etc),,,...........will any changes be implemented for this upcoming classic? IMO, this is a logical time to lobby for or against possible changes.

What changes do you want to see? Make your suggestions and Halifax, Chaos and I will of course discuss any new ideas that may be helpful!

DNP's will stay and the playoff/seeding rules will be outlined when the season starts. However, I'm optimistically assuming we all get 100% games played in the regular season schedule and there will be no need for DNP or seeding scenarios! :D

I wouldn't mind a little less in terms of point deduction for DNP. Maybe 1 pt subtracted for each. Simply because of how difficult it is sometimes to find someone to get those last games in. Despite being on all the time last season, I couldn't get 4 games in. But if it stays at 2, I guess that's ok.

We feel the 2 points deducted for dnps is fair. 6 weeks is more than enough time to get those games. And I think we do a pretty solid job at replacing guys that fall behind or disappear.

As a suggestion, I would first ask the guys that were new to online or that maybe had a history of not playing very fast, and look to set a time so we could play early on and try and get those games out of the way. Guys like c4outlaws and pondhcky, as an example, I know to be very reliable, so I'd more likely leave them until later, since I was confident they would play.

In addition, if Coach A messages and says he can play in 20 minutes, and you agree to it, and then Coach B says he can play right now, then play Coach B now and just let Coach A know you're gonna knock off some other games first. I can't count the times someone has told me they'd be ready in X minutes then come back much later than that or not at all. Sometimes things happen and someone can't back to aim to let you know they will be longer.

Side Note: KingRaph does an awesome job as admin for GENS and we couldn't ask for better help.

-2 pts is too much to the point I know you'll have where you can go 0-40 and get the 4th seed lol.

I know you'll have a response for this, but you even took -2 away for each DNP in the league you ran - Dynasty.

I do have a response, I allowed everyone in the playoffs. I first saw that pearate was in the playoffs instead of Carse, so instead of trying to find a formula that would let Carse in and not pearate, I decided to let everyone play :)

I do have a response, I allowed everyone in the playoffs. I first saw that pearate was in the playoffs instead of Carse, so instead of trying to find a formula that would let Carse in and not pearate, I decided to let everyone play :)

This is an interesting concept. Although it would prolong the playoffs an extra round...... Why not have a best of 5 round with the top 2 or 4 seeds (depending on league size) get a bye (similar to NFL), that way even more people can get a chance. This would be helpful for guys that take over teams that are slacking and just run out of time because of the amount of games that they need to play and the DNP penalty causes them to miss out.

I do have a response, I allowed everyone in the playoffs. I first saw that pearate was in the playoffs instead of Carse, so instead of trying to find a formula that would let Carse in and not pea rate, I decided to let everyone play :)

And penalize everyone -2 for DNPS :)