NHL'94 Forums

fixing the NHL

halifax

read it earlier, it was pretty good

written by Down Goes Brown, so also has some of the funny

I'm not crazy about the home-and-home thing, though, from a schedule fairness aspect. if your best player is hurt for 2 games and they're against a close rival and you lose both games.. you're giving that team 4 points on you

I had read it before but I really like the section of playing for the first overall pick once you've been eliminated from playoff contention.

And I'm in favour of increasing the net size by a couple inches to increase scoring.

I'm not sure about the first pick thing. Sometimes teams are simply that bad. And teams might just tank earlier in the season. Maybe just factor in things like how many high picks they've had in recent years, so Edmonton doesn't keep hoarding all the top picks.

They should definitely make the nets bigger. Goalies are so big now! It'll just suck for kids, though, since the net'll be even more oversized.

They made the pads a couple inches lower this year. They could shrink equipment more, but there is a point where you start getting hurt (I've worn those old style pads and taken some shots to the knees/thighs). It just won't make toooo much of a difference because a lot of it is improvement in technique, general size of the goalies, and materials improvements (old pads weighed a tonne).

However, check out that weird pad on the inside of the knee on the modern pad.. I think it's specifically made so you can slide around on your knees better, which is lame.

Also thought the re-seeding the final four was a good idea. Would love to see the chance of two eastern or two westerns teams meet in a final.

An amazing read!!! I agreed with absolutely everything, other than the home whites and the late hit (kinda sorta). In terms of standings, I feel the 3,2,1,0 system would be the most appropriate and most competitive. The reseeding is fantastic too!!

Guest goursie19

Well if you actually read the article (which you obviously didn't) you would know that he explained that that's basically impossible. His contract runs for two more seasons and most of the owners love him.

I read it and understood it, I'm just speaking theoretically. I know it won't happen but it's a dream of most of ours, correct?

• 4 weeks later...

Well if you actually read the article (which you obviously didn't) you would know that he explained that that's basically impossible. His contract runs for two more seasons and most of the owners love him.

Unless every fan ever meets outside the NHL office forces him out.