NHL'94 Forums

Next Finnish NHL '94 League

Tickenest

So those lovable Fins over at nhlgamer.com and #nhl94 on IRCNet are starting up a new summer league, and it appears they're actually using a wiki to run, or, at the very least, to sign up. I asked them if they wanted me to try and recruit any North Americans and they said go ahead, so here goes.

The site is http://nhl94.kulde.net/index.php?n=Main.NHL94Kes%e4liiga, and you can sign up there with your desired number of games and team.

Here are a few things to bear in mind if you actually want to give it a shot...

1. They are located in Finland, and many of them will be willing to play you on an American server up to half the time, but in any case you'll wind up playing a lot of games on a European server (hopefully one in England or France or some place in western Europe). That's a minimum 100 ping, and it'll only go up from there, so you really should be on the east coast or close to it to consider it.

2. They're 7 hours ahead of EDT, though they're largely night owls. Afternoon or early evening game times are best for them if you can manage them, but weekend mornings or afternoons are possibilites, too.

Now that I've scared everyone away, those of you who are left should head over to #nhl94 on IRCNet (http://chat.ircnet.org/ is a good Java chat for IRCNet) and talk to them a bit (and don't give up if no one's around the first time.)

So those lovable Fins over at nhlgamer.com and #nhl94 on IRCNet are starting up a new summer league, and it appears they're actually using a wiki to run, or, at the very least, to sign up. I asked them if they wanted me to try and recruit any North Americans and they said go ahead, so here goes.

The site is http://nhl94.kulde.net/index.php?n=Main.NHL94Kes%e4liiga, and you can sign up there with your desired number of games and team.

Here are a few things to bear in mind if you actually want to give it a shot...

1. They are located in Finland, and many of them will be willing to play you on an American server up to half the time, but in any case you'll wind up playing a lot of games on a European server (hopefully one in England or France or some place in western Europe). That's a minimum 100 ping, and it'll only go up from there, so you really should be on the east coast or close to it to consider it.

2. They're 7 hours ahead of EDT, though they're largely night owls. Afternoon or early evening game times are best for them if you can manage them, but weekend mornings or afternoons are possibilites, too.

Now that I've scared everyone away, those of you who are left should head over to #nhl94 on IRCNet (http://chat.ircnet.org/ is a good Java chat for IRCNet) and talk to them a bit (and don't give up if no one's around the first time.)

tick, how do you compare to the good players over there?

tick, how do you compare to the good players over there?

I'm about middle of the road with the ping handicap, but I don't really move up that much when you take out that effect. Strange, I know, but true. Their top guys are brutal. kgman's the only one who can stay with them on a consistent basis.

I'm about middle of the road with the ping handicap, but I don't really move up that much when you take out that effect. Strange, I know, but true. Their top guys are brutal. kgman's the only one who can stay with them on a consistent basis.

who's kgman? he's not playing in the apring league, is he? could you pm me or post him aim?

who's kgman? he's not playing in the apring league, is he? could you pm me or post him aim?

His AIM is kgman01, but he's not on it that much. He's not in the spring league. He's really quite the enigma, in fact.

• 2 weeks later...