NHL'94 Forums

Looking to talk to NHL '94 players for a magazine article

I am writing an article for Beckett Hockey Magazine about the 20th anniversary of NHL '94.

I would like to talk, via email, to people who played the game back in the 1990s.

If you are interested, please email me at sjb@puckjunk.com -- or send me a PM.

Also, I wrote an article about NHL '94 back when the game celebrated its 15th anniversary, which you can read here:

http://saljbarry.com/articles/nhl_94.pdf

Thank you for your help.

Sal Barry

Edited by Puck Junk

private message good enough?

I'm for it. feel free to hit me with a questionnaire or whatever.

yeah, that was a fairly well written article that didn't mangle facts. here's to another!

Witty thinks I'm def. I think he's not all that witty.

I wonder what percentage of members here were alive when the game(s) came out.

yeah, that was a fairly well written article that didn't mangle facts. here's to another!

"fairly" well written....?

:(

I will admit, I wrote that article 4 years ago--long before taking any journalism classes. I'm halway done with my journalsim degree now, so maybe my next article will be "totally" well written.

I'm glad I didn't mangle any facts. I'm tired of "writers" who think they know everything about hockey video games because they played Blades of Steel and NHL '94.

"fairly" well written...?

yeah. I'm an editor in more ways than one. "....improved....than...." didn't sit well with me. "better than" or "improved from" would have worked in my mind, but I'm pretty sure it didn't bother most readers. it was a minor thing.

yeah. I'm an editor in more ways than one. "....improved....than...." didn't sit well with me. "better than" or "improved from" would have worked in my mind, but I'm pretty sure it didn't bother most readers. it was a minor thing.

Nah, that's the kind of nuanced feedback I need. My first stint as a freelance writer with Beckett (2008-2009), no one copy edited my work, or made the necessary corrections so that it was in AP Style. Of course, this was before I even knew what AP Style was; I just trusted that my editors would make it "right." Well, I was wrong. My current editor at Beckett now does a great job of fixing my mistakes or modifying any obtuse references.

I may be 11, but I have been playing since I was about 4, 5 or 6 so I started in roughly 2006-2008. I would love to answer some questions about this great game.

• 5 weeks later...

what's the update on this thing?