NHL'94 Forums

Plabax's Analyzation #1 - Weight Valued Too Much? (Weight Bug)

PlabaxV2

Does no one else find they line up the B check, guy comes in, you press the B button and....................................it switches to another guy miles away, leaving the puck carrier to stroll through?

This happens so much to me! So frustrating! I'm like "I was using the guy who's right there in front of the puck carrier..............and now you've given me the guy on the other wing!!!!! wtf?!!!!!!!"

There's nothing like clogging up the slot waiting for the other guy to come in and try to deke his way to scoring and being able to throw up a B check and stop him in his tracks.

Gah it's that approach that has turned me into more of a one timer guy.

Same boat in regards to valuing 6/7 guys more then 4/5. More skilled and in most cases intelligent.

I get the opposite problem a lot, where I want to switch to a player, but instead I'm poking at the boards like a maniac while my opponent enters my zone. On Clockwise's site (pixelpuck.com), he mentioned perhaps adding functionality to one of the other buttons, x or z, and I would LOVE to have a dedicated button to switching players. Sort of like the SNES d-man L/R buttons.

I've been surprised at the success I'm having with Sandstrom (9 weight) in GDL this year. He is so heavy, but that 5/5 shot is much more dangerous than 4/5, where you HAVE to respect his slapper from just under the blue line. I had Sundin in GDL09 (7 weight, 4/5 shot), the typical center that you were mentioning, but wasn't as successful. There are other factors, but my point is that I don't think I would be as successful with Neely, Carson, or other heavy centers with good 4/5 shots. That 5 shot power is enough of a weapon to overcome the heavy weight.

Ditto with Hullsers Howitzers. Definitely new style of play that is a 'blast' in more ways then one! 4/5 just doesn't guarantee anything like a 5 or 6 does.

Raph its insane the PPG you've been putting up with the Sandman. Throw 66 into the conversation and we gots three fatasses or databases as autocorrect would read it, in the top 10 in scoring!

this is a great idea. I've certainly experienced the problem of wanting to switch or pokecheck and having the other action happen. it's great that improvements are steadily being made for this classic game. here's to this one becoming a reality.

....adding functionality to one of the other buttons....to have a dedicated button to switching players....

Ditto with Hullsers Howitzers. Definitely new style of play that is a 'blast' in more ways then one! 4/5 just doesn't guarantee anything like a 5 or 6 does.

Raph its insane the PPG you've been putting up with the Sandman. Throw 66 into the conversation and we gots three fatasses or databases as autocorrect would read it, in the top 10 in scoring!

You guys are bang on with your analysis on shot power in my eyes. The 5's and 6's really do open up new doors to scoring, also they are very difficult to manual goalie since the margin for error is that much less. Now if you can match a 5 or 6 passer on the forehand side of a 5 or 6 shot power guy? Thats just a whole other level of sick one-timing ability.

It's nice to see the fatasses getting some play in the GDL, its like a blast from the past, except this time people actually know about the weight bug!

Smoz: it's not that I don't like it. I just don't like it as much. that has little to do with the derailment of this thread (got you back, I guess, Plaby). I made a couple of jokes. the clowns chimed in to take and make it personal. this whole site is set up with the dichotomy, but just like the two-party system in US politics, it's a false choice and the two major sides aren't all that different. I have some fun with that, sure, but it doesn't relate to the fun I was having here. I vote Green/Rainbow and I support greater examination of the PC/CD versions of our common interest. I have played the two more popular versions with real-life friends for decades and I have a preference that makes for a good running joke here in our online sandbox. everybody takes it too personally and that makes it even funnier.

Robbie: I'm not intentionally trolling and I do have plenty of experience with the Republicans, er, I mean the Genesis version. I could lay out my reasoning again, but I'll spare you the embarrassment. I think it is wildly ironic that I'm considered to be underinformed and inexperienced because I don't play online. I still fail to see what that has to do with anything. I don't claim to be the best '94 player in the world and I just don't see how any other thing relates. I am very much misunderstood here, but that is often the case because I don't pussyfoot around and I don't care if feelings get hurt unintentionally. if your ego is fragile, it's not my problem until you insist that it be. in the NorthEast of the USA (where I'm from), "go fuck yourself" is often nearer the start of a conversation than the end. in the South, however, it is much more preferred to placate a face and shittalk a back. that's not how I operate. now, please get over it/me. I'm not that interesting.

Tom: I felt no need other to defend my intentions when others (like yourself) jumped in to turn my innocent post into some sort of crime. I dare anybody who believes what you claim to go through my entire posting history and tally the silliness from the helpful. just try to do it in an honest fashion. know your biases like I own mine. y'all color me wrongly.

on topic: weight is important, but agility and stickhandling are crucial for those of us who turn away from checks and work a possession game. still, it's hard to put the puck in the net if a heavy (light - bugged) dude is all over you with the speedburst check. does tripping get called as much in the Genesis version as it does in the SENS version? I use a lot of pokecheck, but I also get sent to the box a lot for it. any thoughts?

What I was trying to point out is, we know that YOU think you're just joking around, but everyone else just doesn't appreciate it, and you know that, but you do it anyway.

Maybe some ANALogies* will help.

Some of the guys in the high school clique that like talking Genesis '94 are sitting at a cafeteria threadtable on their spare period. Plabax brings up how he thinks weight is overrated, and people start talking about it, other people overhear and take a seat and have their say. Then trudatman takes a seat. "*Groan* Not this again," is written on everyone's face.

trudatman: "'Sup, Genesissies? Weight bug fail, ha! Nice ANALysis, Plabax."

Icestorm: "quit being a jackass"

trudatman: "It's just a joke, get over yourself (3 minute rant), stop being so concerned with way I say"

everyone: "ughhh just go awayyyyy, no one here likes you"

trudatman: "geez, in my town, trash talking is just how you have a conversation. you guys are so sensitive and take this way too personally"

We don't caaare, it's not a good running joke, it's obnoxious.

It's normally understood that if you want to bust on your friends, they have to be your friends first.

You're trying to walk a bridge you haven't built yet, and your lumber is already on fire.

No one cares where you're from, how you vote, what you eat, or what you believe, because to people who don't play your ROM, you're just the guy who keeps obnoxiously sniping people's conversations with "Weight bug fail!" whenever someone mentions weight.

You're the guy still saying "Whazzaaaaaap!!??" Some people thought it was funny the first couple times, some didn't, but either way, it's time to let it go.

You're valuing your own fun over the annoyance of many other people. It's rude and selfish.

*they're not all analogies, but whatever.

WHAAAZUP?! I get what you are saying, Smoz. I think you are still misunderstanding a bit, but it's all to the good. (I have no idea what Plaby's post between our posts means.) maybe I overreact to being or seeing a bullied underdog or having valid and viable alternative shot down based on current popular opinion, but you are at least clear in your point that it is less than appreciated when I make my initial playful jabs. however, the clearly hateful responses from the likes of IceHole123456789101112 make the scales tip for me to the point where I feel I need to clear the air about intentions and the likes. I find it to be strange how devoid of humor this place can be. what seems to pass for funny must be losing something in the translation from French, but I do understand that almost none of the Genesis guys think I add anything of value. I shall tone down my abrasiveness, but I will still rally against claims like "there is NOT ONE SINGLE MEMBER in this entire community that doesn't think [i'm] just a troll." the tightknit clan of online Genesis leaguers has no love for my participation, I agree, but I do still have the right to converse about a game for which I have passion to spare.

blah, blah, blah... how about that Messier? I struggle to type the phrase, but I... think... Hokkee... is... correct. he can be underrated. now, on the SNES, guys get much hotter and colder (although it seems to mostly alter terrible players, often making them extremely fast) than they seem to on the Genesis. maybe that's a separate conversation best addressed in the Bo-It-All section, but the undervaluing of Marky Mess got me thinking. is he sometime inexplicably terrible on the Genesis version, too? am I misunderstanding a difference between the way skill attributes are multiplied by the two major versions of this game?

Well said Smo, your patience is unrivaled and your analogy is crystal clear for people who don't understand the zillion other attacks on their 'playful jokes'.

• 5 weeks later...

why would somebody come out in support of me? so they can be ridiculed and ostracized? the relentless push from Genesis players whose pussies hurt from my mild words doesn't allow for much room for those that may otherwise be inclined to admit an appreciation. you can stop the campaign now. it's not helping. it is actually trolling to bump this topic with a personal attack instead of actual content.

why would somebody come out in support of me? so they can be ridiculed and ostracized? the relentless push from Genesis players whose pussies hurt from my mild words doesn't allow for much room for those that may otherwise be inclined to admit an appreciation. you can stop the campaign now. it's not helping. it is actually trolling to bump this topic with a personal attack instead of actual content.

It's not that anyone's 'pussies hurt' from your words. It's just everyone is sick and tired of reading your crap

then why do y'all keep bringing it up? I'm not seeking out the animosity and I don't see why it's still an issue. nobody had posted in this thread in a month and in that time I haven't been antagonizing anybody. yet, somehow, here we are again. my point is why is this conversation still necessary? feel free to block me. it's easy. otherwise let it slide. you don't want to read my posts? don't. nobody is forcing you to go back to my old posts about Genesissies and get newly riled up about it. a truce won't work if one side repeatedly feels the need to get newly excited about old news.

Edited by trudatman

no. see, when you don't respond, there is no challenge to the claims of the other side.

they (you) get to continue to paint me in whichever hue seems to fit, but I don't get to refute and respond? you might as well just ban me if I'm not allowed to counter when I'm put down.

I've been warned. you just hit me with "abusive behavior" and "inappropriate language" citations? you are a TERRIBLE moderator and you should be ashamed of your vindictive actions against me. keep using misdirection and illusions in building that case against me. if I was being abusive or inappropriate you'd know it. you wouldn't have to stretch and bend to make me look like the bad guy.

I've changed the way I interact here. it's clear that many here have fragile egos and get riled up over gentle, playful teasing, so I don't do it anymore. I will, however, continue to defend myself. keep hitting me with warnings and use them to show how awful I am. I'll be your strawman. I'll be your scapegoat. be sure not to examine yourself, though.

again, you are a TERRIBLE moderator. I suggest that when you feel the need to have further interactions with me that you breathe, count to ten, reread the posts in question and reach out to another member of the staff so they can address your issues with me. you are misrepresenting my current actions and you make no effort to understand me. take me at my word that I am no longer taking little jabs. my supposed crimes were never any sort of real problem, anyway. currently, I am being the kind of community member that you should emulate.

Unfortunately for you, i don't care what your opinion is of me as a moderator or anything else. You have been given ample warnings to clean up your actions on this forum and have not done so. Your inability to understand your actions are not taken as 'jokes' but rather as persistent insults, put downs, trolling and down right rude behavior has earned a suspension. Your view of 'I need to stick up for myself' is laughable since you initiate the drama to begin with.

Your posting privledges are in the process of being suspended.

PS I always interact with other moderators and we discuss things like this as a team. I may be the voice that you feel is unfair to you, but it is a joint voice of the moderation team and the Admins.

yeah, but I have done so. review my posting history from the past month. I said I'd stop taking swipes and I have. it wasn't me who bumped the thread with fresh attacks. your posting history is far worse than mine. you antagonize and act like a jerk. you act high and mighty and make the forum a place that is less than welcoming to newcomers. it's baffling that you managed to become staff and even more so that you are still clinging to the "power." just be glad I can't take your ability to post away from you, meanie.

The reaction of the community to you is very understandable. You were asked to clean things up and you have not. This thread is proof positive of that. If you had as thick of skin as you think you do, you wouldve taken the high road and not engage in this thread.

However you did and will be suspended

nice spin. I was asked to not start in on folks. I have not done so since agreeing. you've twisted that to something else, where I have violated your terms where I guess I wasn't supposed to reply when put down. hopefully others see through your claims. what did I do wrong? I responded to jabs after agreeing that I would not start trouble. great moderating, clown.

okay, so I think I got hit twice for using the word "pussies." I think that must be what I did wrong today. surely it wasn't defending myself. the notes in the infractions both say the same thing, that I've continually used abusive language and started trouble, or something like that. I suppose you'll be hitting yourself with more than a dozen warnings for your use of "....bitches....sucks....Geezus....WTF....hell...." in the past few weeks. you know, because that's "abusive behavior" and "inappropriate language" in each count. clean up your act and then get banned. you know, for fairness.

Edited by trudatman

• 3 weeks later...