NHL'94 Forums

Congratulations Minpind, 2013 Classic B2 League Champion ?

Uncle Seth

I can't help but thinking that maybe, just maybe, B1 and B2 finals winners should have already earned their own respective trophies before playing each other. Should there just be a B1 champ and B2 champ? Shouldn't Minpind have earned a title by winning B2?

Here's the statistical argument for that:

- Gens B1 and B2 each consisted of 4 rounds. Even though Myself and Min played a total of 4 rounds, when we faced off, it was officially the 5th round. This is all because B1 and B2 had more teams, so some got a by in the 1st round.

- However, Gens A only had 3 rounds. Sure, the talent pool is stiffer in A but isn't it all relative?...The whole reason for divisions in the first place right?

- Both B1 and B2 played the same coaches in the playoffs that they'd played all regular season in their respective leagues.

- Both B1 and B2 were compiled of equal talent levels, as in, B1 wasn't stronger than B2 or vice versa.

- But in an instance like we had (B1 vs B2), maybe that specific series should be called something else and given it's own title?

- Looking at these facts, does Minpind deserve a championship title?

- Here's 1 argument against it though....Historically, has B1 and B2 always played each other for the final championship? If that is the case then it is probably just better to keep it the way it is. Otherwise you'd have to retroactively give titles to who knows how many people.

- Here's another argument against it. B1/B2, it's still the letter B and the coaches should have to fight it out until there's 1 left standing. No?

Ok, let's hear what the peanut gallery has to say. I'd also be curious what the commissioners think.

Edited by Uncle Seth

In the other season we had B1 and B2, the winners faced each other. I know what you're saying though.

Perhaps we can do something like top seeds from B-1 and B-2 face off in B playoff championship, then the next group of seeds go for the C championship.

That would make it more interesting as the skill levels would be appropriately matched.

I'll talk it over with Halifax/Chaos for Fall classic. We'll see how many folks register and determine proper formats.

In the other season we had B1 and B2, the winners faced each other. I know what you're saying though.

Perhaps we can do something like top seeds from B-1 and B-2 face off in B playoff championship, then the next group of seeds go for the C championship.

That would make it more interesting as the skill levels would be appropriately matched.

I'll talk it over with Halifax/Chaos for Fall classic. We'll see how many folks register and determine proper formats.

Congratulations....you had the 100,000th post on these forums! Free night, all inclusive at hokkee's cabin.

Congratulations....you had the 100,000th post on these forums! Free night, all inclusive at hokkee's cabin.

& Hokkee already has the activities planned

thermometer_005.jpg?w=580

Edited by LA Robbie

• 2 weeks later...