NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94 Playoffs Edition

naples39

I have some free time on my hands these days and a new Nvidia Shield in my pocket, so I came back 'round these parts for the first time in several years. I saw all these new rom hacking tools and decided to mess around with them, and the result was this rom. I'm don't know if it's all all that different from minpind's rom which I haven't tried and I was basically just experimenting with the new tools, but may as well upload...

NHL 94 Playoffs Edition (an NHL 94 rom)

Features

-Rosters and player ratings updated to reflect rosters as they were for the 1994 playoffs. Player ratings for many players were imported from the stock NHL 95 rom as those ratings reflect how the player actually performed in the 1993-94 season. Some of the biggest beneficiaries of these rating updates were Keith Tkachuk and Dom Hasek. This also means rookies come in as well, notably Marty Brodeur, Chris Pronger, Jason Arnott and Mikael Renberg. Many teams will feel slightly tweaked, some will be improved (NJ, Rangers), others will be completely overhauled (Ottawa), and some virtually unchanged (Toronto).

-Weight bug fix

-Speed burst effect halved

-Improved 3 stars formula by Smoz

-Clockwise sprite sticks/eyes hack

-5/7/10 min periods

-Team data updated. Teams' overall point rating reflect performance from the 1993-94 season/playoffs. PP and PK rating for each team will match their league rank from the season, as does their home/away effect.

Not Included

-Any other graphic hacks. This edit was based on the original rom, and I understand it to be a pain in the ass to change start screens and such in this rom.

-Player portraits will match players, but no new ones have been created. If the player did not have a portrait in the original rom, he does not have one here.

-I did not put much care into setting up full team lines, so watch out if you use line changes.

"Beta" version download attached. (basically complete, just leaving room for fixes/adjustments)

Comments/suggestions/tips welcome. Enjoy.

I also may make "playoff editions" from surrounding seasons, as it would pretty easy to do that from this base.

NHL94playoffs.bin

Edited by naples39

cool! it's good to have you back and adding content to the site. thanks for your efforts.

• 2 weeks later...