NHL'94 Forums

Selection Menu palette problem

ken_meredith

Greetings!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am working on an NHL 94 GENS mod for a simulation hockey league I am a member of and I've been using the excellent resources and advice found here.

I have finally come up against a problem I haven't found an answer for on this site.

I cannot locate the palettes for the menu selection logos in Tile Molester. I have been using the guides found on this site with great success, as well as HivePal. It was successful in other parts of the ROM but not the menu selection logos.

If it helps, my current ROM is HERE

I would be very grateful for any assistance or suggestions you guys might have.

Thanks!

Ken

Use Tile Molester and make sure you have a 30 team ROM. Use wboy's thread here http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/2977-reference-tile-molester-reference-screenshots/ and match your tile molester settings to the ones in the photo. From there on you may run on into some problems but you can PM me and I'll help you.

Turns out it was the Season Three ROM I needed. Season Two was the one I was using that didn't have things in the right place.

I owe you big!

Thanks a million!

I have to re-do a bunch of stuff but since I have all the file ready it will be quick and easy.

I undid the weight fix but if I may ask, why was it necessary to do?

I can't think of a reason to not fix the weight bug, but people here think I'm on some sort of crucade, so my opinion may not help you make a popular decision. the way I see it, the simple weight bug fix option is a good solution to a problem with the original Genesis game, but neither is bad. I recommend fixing the weight bug in teh way that makes the most sense to you or appeals the most to you. as far as I understand, it isn't going to alter the thing with which your original question was concerned.

In the name of accuracy, I do it. :)

I was just wondering if it changes any important bits of code. I know there are some changes that make it unreadable by NOSE, etc. I was wondering if this was one of those changes.

Edited by ken_meredith