NHL'94 Forums

GDL X - Playoff Scenarios

kingraph

The ONLY reason this exception was made was due to a good guy, Jay, stepping down from playoffs after having a .300 win % to allow a prior champ to make the playoffs. Once he tooks jays spot, the 5-8 seeding rules took effect.

Exactly.

And the person complaining is dcicon because that's what he does best. Suggesting that I am gaming the system for myself, or somehow figuring out ways to screw him. And he also informs me that I screwed him in Classic???? WTF???

Wookie was a tougher opponent than Jay. I then have to play kgman/Zalex (unchanged), then swos/frey/vc/dcicon (unchanged), if I make it that far.

Dickon -- get your panties out a bunch, stfu, and play your games. Getting so sick of your accusatory bullshit.

Dickon was actually confused, he actually told me he thought we were deciding the standings on a method he heard from Icestorm. A method I never even heard of and was not even mentioned in the "GDL X - Start" thread.

When I asked him about swos' way, he told me Icestorm's way IS swos' way.

Dickon always thought that it was just Points - DNP with NO messaging system influencing the DNP, which means Icestorm had it mixed up too?

They both read the thread saying it does influence it, so I'm confused.

Dickon now understands that he may have not actually "earned" his 6th seed and is now trying to get clarification on the other thread.

EDIT: So dickon wants to know the final standings with the swos method, and not with the 5-8 Win percentage.

Edited by PlabaxV2

So he remembers a conversation from 3 months ago? cmon Plabax quit trying to change the focus on the crap that's being raised and come on IM so we can chat privately instead of public posturing.

It's a misunderstanding. Dickon is trying to say that he should be 6th because from what he was told (by Icestorm apparently) the standings should say he was 6th. Based off the same method, Freydey would be 8th and not 6th and it's unfair because Raph is "handpicking" his opponents.

He is saying, without the rule change - keep the standings as it is without the 5-8 Win percentage because it's unfair as it was changed during the season from what he THOUGHT it was so he argued that he should have been 6th instead of 7th when he really was 7th anyway!

Now we found out that dickon is actually 7th, he says to calculate the "actual" seedings and take it from there. He says you can't change the rules in the middle of the season so we can't use the 5-8 win percentage rule.

Not that I agree with him, I'm just clearing things up.

why complain about the 5-8 rule now instead of 2½ weeks ago when it was announced ? It wasn't against anyone then as all positions were still open.

I am not on the forum on a daily basis to monitor rule changes for a league during the season. The fact that there was a major rule change like that without PM's sent is crazy. Any major rule change should be done before the start of a season or atleast have some kind of vote. All that can be seen is that the guys seeded 1 and 2 made a rule change that gives them easier opponents. If you guys didn't like that then change the rule for GDL 11.