NHL'94 Forums

Let Houly Play Classic?

PlabaxV2

1. The guy will play all of this games whether it's GENS, SNES or Both..

2. He is good enough to play in A in Gens, SNES or Both...

Not too many people that play '94 meet this criteria.. Should let him in.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what led to this guy being banned so it isn't up to me to decide whether or not he's "served his time". But I agree that he's a talented player who can give anyone a run for their money. Players like that are valuable and it's obvious others want him around, competing.

he gets all his games completed unlike 90% of these slack ass bums around here
half the coaches around here are a bunch of premadonnas
they think cause they have been around a long time they can take as long as they want and give the rest of us the finger.
put houly back in and boot carse and icestorm :haha:

Edited by hokkeefan

....he should get a new chance. Can always boot him out for good if he missbehaves again.

correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you were here for the first five or so times that logic was used to allow him back just to have him aggressively harassing other members and doing anything he could to get shown the one-way door again and again. at some point a final decision should hold as actually being final. this guy has had many chances to stick with his "new" attitudes, but always ends up banned "for good" again.

1. The guy will play all of this games whether it's GENS, SNES or Both..

2. He is good enough to play in A in Gens, SNES or Both...

Not too many people that play '94 meet this criteria.. Should let him in.

Yeah, but he only wants to play in B!!! :exciting:

Last time I had contact with him acted completely normal. Maybe he should get a new chance. Can always boot him out for good if he missbehaves again.

I haven't had any contact with him really for well over a year, so can't comment. Before that he was trolling like Trudatman on steroids!! But I agree, where's the harm in letting him back in now? Worse that can happen is he gets banned again, but from what I hear he is very committed & would be desperate to get back & show he can be trusted.

He's the only outcast who has continued to be a committed member in other leagues.

Problems with Houly in Classic: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/13405-houly-confirmed-for-being-a-dense/

Problems with Houly in SDL: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/13987-important-say-a-quick-prayer-for-houli/

Problems with Houly in SDL: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14220-do-you-like-when-somebody-quits-before-the-end-of-a-game-iceguy/

Problems with Houly in Survivor: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14216-carse-has-won-by-forfeit/

Problems with Houly in GDL: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14624-pearare-vs-houly-complain/

Sense a pattern?

And that's just what's been posted. This stuff goes way back before I was around. I also believe he tried to sign up for Classic under a different name one time and I've also had problems with him in Dynasty, etc.

But look, it's great that Houly is a changed man. He still plays Blitz, GDL, and I think every other league aside from Classic. Classic has a low tolerance for this behavior. Once banned, it's highly unlikely that the ban will be removed.

Classic has a low tolerance for this behavior. Once banned, it's highly unlikely that the ban will be removed.

so very true

ASSHOLES !!!

I love how these moderators for 94 are all about whos friends with who ,everyone who knows houly knows he wouldn't screw up a last chance to be a part of this 1 last time.I even fn learned but im pretty sick of this hitler ran bullshit around here ,Its all about who likes who when you mod here .

Eat my shorts from the brown spot out ,you guys really make me sick.

I agree man. There has been a lot of support for houly shown lately but no budging from the bigshots. So what if he acted up before and got banned, he plays his games always and that should be number 1 priority. Why keep someone out who has so much passion for 94? If he was really a community cancer he would have left a year ago. He sticks around without classic and without forum privileges because he loves the game so much. Even people with life sentences in jail get out eventually for the most part I think.

He has served his time, bigshots don't be so fn baby

Where's all the vitriol coming from?

Houly hasn't come to me once requesting posting or league privileges restored. Just random posts from guys who hsve a bunch of freetime to kickstart their own free houly movement.

Not sure about anyone else.

He's been fine to me for last several months too.

Ps i thinker discussed it once about posting privileges and he said nah

its fine, people can post for me.

It's coming from the fact that he is a good player that PLAYS HIS GAMES and provides solid competition. It's so silly how someone who is skilled and plays all his games can be kicked out yet we have people who purposely duck games and cause trouble allowed in.

Houly acts like me - we both like to get under people's skin and cause trouble but we will play our games and provide good competition while doing it.

Sure it can be annoying.. but it seems like everyone needs to have Mahatma Gandhi behaviour here.. I call someone out and then I have the cops at my front door waiting to arrest me. This is an ONLINE league and people decide to be Mr. Nice Guy everywhere no matter what and it's kind of silly..

We don't all have to be the guy who is actually angry in real life but he comes to the forums saying "Haha! Good games man!" and all that phony bullshit.

Although there are times when he gets so annoying that I have to block him I will give him credit for always being one of the guys who finishes his games. I wouldn't have any issues with him being allowed back knowing any B/S he causes would be an immediate boot from the league.

ASSHOLES !!!

I love how these moderators for 94 are all about whos friends with who ,everyone who knows houly knows he wouldn't screw up a last chance to be a part of this 1 last time.I even fn learned but im pretty sick of this hitler ran bullshit around here ,Its all about who likes who when you mod here .

Eat my shorts from the brown spot out ,you guys really make me sick.

I agree (although wouldn't be that harsh)

Basically everyone on the site except for two or three mods want him back--or at least want to give him another chance. But just because the few people who have the power to unban won't, he hasn't been unbanned.

And he can't just can't be unbanned? He has to go to icestorm and fall to his hands and knees and beg at icestorm's feet to be let back in? That is just weird

Houly acts like me - we both like to get under people's skin and cause trouble but we will play our games and provide good competition while doing it.

Behavior like this shouldn't be condoned in online leagues. No one should have to deal with asshats while trying to enjoy a game online.

That doesn't mean things can't be competitive or fun.

My feelings are that I would refuse to play players that make "getting under peoples skin" and "causing trouble" part of their tactics.

Also, why should anyone who will not admit a wrong come back?

I've heard from other members that Houly states he is banned due to a certain moderator being jealous of houly's great snes skills.

That is just a bush league explanation to spread - Houly was removed for the reasons stated above.

Edited by kupuck19

Are you serious? Houly is just being silly when he says that. & people are just being silly when they repeat it.

Houly knows he trolled too hard. But he's changed; he's been humbled from being away from the game and community.

Edited by Wittgenstein

General Community Conduct

It is very important that everyone involved in the online leagues show good sportsmanship "on and off the ice". Heart-breaking losses are a part of the game, but please don't let frustration lead to negative or antagonistic posts/emails/IMs. The Admin Team won't tolerate childish behavior in the forums or elsewhere. Be competitive, but keep things positive. All we ask is that everybody play their games, log the scores, and have fun while doing so.

For people who insist on being disrespectful to the league and coaches, the following simple steps will be taken:

First Offense - A public warning in email and on the forums

Second Offense - Removal as team owner and forum/website account deleted

http://nhl94online.com/html/rules.php

Just food for thought, this is how Evan wanted his site to be used.

He hasn't asked any one of the mods to restore his privileges was my point. Then it can be discussed amongst the mods. No high and mighty act here or anything you're implying Witt.

Sorry you feel the need to turn this into a bashing session.

He has to ask first while he has made AIM statuses begging to be unbanned? It's clear to anyone he wants an unban, he shouldn't have to ask.

If I can get away with it how come Houly can't? Booooo #awfulreasoning

Houli from banned from Classic due to the reasons in the thread that Kingraph posted above:

Problems with Houly in Classic: http://forum.nhl94.c...-being-a-dense/

We had numerous problems with him over multiple Classic seasons. Here are a few big ones:

Spring 2010: Houli chooses SJ in GENS-B and SNES-A. Then he abruptly quits the season before 2 weeks are up.

Threads

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/11877-opening-for-new-coach-for-san-jose-in-gens-b/ .

NOTE: Hokkeefan takes over SJ in GENS-B and loses 26 straight to end the season: Spring 2010 Standings

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/11882-veteran-coach-needed-to-take-over-san-jose-in-snes-a/

Fall 2011: Picks VAN for GENS and BUF for SNES. During team switch time, he changes both to NYI. After team switch is over and the season is about to begin, he asks me if he could have MTL. I say no, since it is not fair to anyone else as the team switch time has passed. He calls me a bad admin and says he is not going to play the season. I told him I'll give him a week to change his mind. He then goes to play someone with the intent of playing league games, loses both games, and tells the coach its only exhib because he isn't playing in the league this season. This leads to banning.

Thread - http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/13405-houly-confirmed-for-being-a-dense/

Spring 2012: Creates a new user name on nhl94online and on nhl94.com. Claims to be a new coach and needs a test game. Chooses OTT as his first team. We find out (there are ways...) and delete the account.

There's the facts. I have no personal problem with Houli. I have played against him in Blitz and have never had a problem playing a game against him. I have no problem playing against him in another league, and it's up to the other league admins to let him play in their leagues. But he will not be playing in Classic again for a long time.

Yeah, but you're 14 years old! He's not

Basically everyone on the site except for two or three mods want him back--or at least want to give him another chance. But just because the few people who have the power to unban won't, he hasn't been unbanned.

It's a good point. Most people don't seem to have a problem with him coming back. He can only get banned again if he doesn't behave!

Behavior like this shouldn't be condoned in online leagues. No one should have to deal with asshats while trying to enjoy a game online.

Exactly. Just because you might think it's "part of the fun" or whatever doesn't mean others want that.

http://nhl94online.com/html/rules.php

Just food for thought, this is how Evan wanted his site to be used.

Evan owns the site. His rules

We had numerous problems with him over multiple Classic seasons. Here are a few big ones:

Spring 2010: Houli chooses SJ in GENS-B and SNES-A. Then he abruptly quits the season before 2 weeks are up.

Fall 2011: Picks VAN for GENS and BUF for SNES. During team switch time, he changes both to NYI. After team switch is over and the season is about to begin, he asks me if he could have MTL. I say no, since it is not fair to anyone else as the team switch time has passed. He calls me a bad admin and says he is not going to play the season. I told him I'll give him a week to change his mind. He then goes to play someone with the intent of playing league games, loses both games, and tells the coach its only exhib because he isn't playing in the league this season. This leads to banning.

Spring 2012: Creates a new user name on nhl94online and on nhl94.com. Claims to be a new coach and needs a test game. Chooses OTT as his first team. We find out (there are ways...) and delete the account.

There's the facts.

Basically there's a good argument for Houli & against, but however you feel you can't deny he broke the clearly stated rules & is not the victim of some mod vendetta against him.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with him coming back, but I also don't think he's been at all harshly or unfairly treated.

Whatever then, I better not see brutus in GENS A again, none of that garbage B filler noob stuff. Just mix or combine the leagues if we are not willing to have good competition.

Edited by PlabaxV2

Whatever then, I better not see brutus in GENS A again, none of that garbage B filler noob stuff. Just mix or combine the leagues if we are not willing to have good competition.

that was last done in classic '11 i think

Plabax, you had only 12 teams in the league & only 40 games to play & STILL couldn't finish a season as this elite community.

Somehow, you got it that my "noob garbage" play is the cause of your issues, or that one banned member is the other issue. The real issue is you can't find 10 guys of your "level" that want to play with you for a whole season to hang some more banners in your online profile.

Where you get off bothering to post about me as noob garbage is beyond me. Aside from being 15, the next best explanation I'd come up with is you are a real little twat that has a hard time in real life because you "Can't Understand Normal Thinking".

Yeah, and I get that I'm not top level A talent. My record against the "elite" proves that out without saying.