NHL'94 Forums

Let Houly Play Classic?

PlabaxV2

I'm saying it's noob garbage filler where we take a random B player to come play in A because he plays his games. Yet an A player who plays his games is not allowed. It sounds like I'm talking about your play but I'm not.

It felt nice to make it to GENS A but it's not as good knowing the guys you see in GENS-B are there too.

Edited by PlabaxV2

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok well houly was a bad boy ,but he is a dedicated coach and has been banned for over a year? im not sure but cmon get a grip and give him one more chance,wtf is it gonna hurt,he gets banned for life and never has another chance if he screws up but if you guys want to be all gestapo-ish then I guess we just have to settle with that and do the goose step.

Whatever then, I better not see brutus in GENS A again, none of that garbage B filler noob stuff. Just mix or combine the leagues if we are not willing to have good competition.

I think you are letting the fact that you are a good player and you run a league or two really go to your head. Have some respect for people, and be nice. People come here to have fun and get away from work and chores and whatnot.

"we both like to get under people's skin and cause trouble but we will play our games and provide good competition while doing it."

You're not sean avery, getting paid to bug people, so do your best to keep people happy to interact with you.

Reminds me of the time my old roommate for no reason tossed a fruit tin (no fruit left, but still the juice) at someone. When the guy got upset and asked why he did it, roommate said, "I was just being an ass". My response was, "what's the difference between just being an ass, and BEING AN ASS?"

This idea that being a good & committed player is all that matters, & outside of that u dont need to follow any sort of community code of conduct is hilarious.

Like smoz says, people r here to have fun & enjoy playin this great game, whatever their level, however many hours per week they can give to it.

The idea that u can b a prick to people because ur a good player or because you play all your games & f+@" the guys who aren't A leaguers is school playground attitude.

Everyone has equal rights to enjoy the community free of annoying BS

The same people going around screaming "BLITZGA IS THE BEST!1111!" are the ones who don't see any problem with Houly in Blitz, but it's the end of the world once Houly wants to play in Classic.

It's so twisted.. Orangeblack breaks the rules and cheeses free wins against me and gets NO punishment while Houly makes some "Cory" noob play 2 "exis" and it's the end of the world? So stupid and if anything it clearly should be the other way around. But because OB is respectful, nothing happened to him when really I got screwed and arguably missed the playoffs because of it. Nothing against Orangeblack, just comparing the situations.

It's not even hurting GENS A to put Houly in it, it's in fact improving it so I don't get what the problem really is here when you simply can just remove Houly from the league if needed to.

Seriously, it sounds like you are talking about someone when you specifically name them in an "edited" post.

I leave more quality DNA in the weekend's dirty socks than you bring to the table when you think it's about talking like a total b-hole one second, then trying to back it down the next.

Houly got banned for a reason. "A" level players got replaced for a reason.

Neither had anything to do w/ my talent level or record against you, so to bring my name up is the reason you douche out at the end of the night.

And I say that as in, I'm not the guy lobbying to get Houly banned or your A listers kicked out so I can play.

I'm the last guy in line who was WILLING to play with your little bytch arse & now you got the nerve to post me out as the garbage.

If you weren't 15, I'd spank you for the little nerd who "Can't Understand Normal Thinking"

&&& GOD I pray I wasn't such a twat at 15.

&&& GOD I pray I wasn't such a twat at 15.

Unfortunately I think I was. lol. Some would say I still am.

Lovin the use of the word twat by the way. Thought it was an exclusively English experession!

Houli from banned from Classic due to the reasons in the thread that Kingraph posted above:

Problems with Houly in Classic: http://forum.nhl94.c...-being-a-dense/

We had numerous problems with him over multiple Classic seasons. Here are a few big ones:

Spring 2010: Houli chooses SJ in GENS-B and SNES-A. Then he abruptly quits the season before 2 weeks are up.

Threads

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/11877-opening-for-new-coach-for-san-jose-in-gens-b/ .

NOTE: Hokkeefan takes over SJ in GENS-B and loses 26 straight to end the season: Spring 2010 Standings

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/11882-veteran-coach-needed-to-take-over-san-jose-in-snes-a/

Fall 2011: Picks VAN for GENS and BUF for SNES. During team switch time, he changes both to NYI. After team switch is over and the season is about to begin, he asks me if he could have MTL. I say no, since it is not fair to anyone else as the team switch time has passed. He calls me a bad admin and says he is not going to play the season. I told him I'll give him a week to change his mind. He then goes to play someone with the intent of playing league games, loses both games, and tells the coach its only exhib because he isn't playing in the league this season. This leads to banning.

Thread - http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/13405-houly-confirmed-for-being-a-dense/

Spring 2012: Creates a new user name on nhl94online and on nhl94.com. Claims to be a new coach and needs a test game. Chooses OTT as his first team. We find out (there are ways...) and delete the account.

There's the facts. I have no personal problem with Houli. I have played against him in Blitz and have never had a problem playing a game against him. I have no problem playing against him in another league, and it's up to the other league admins to let him play in their leagues. But he will not be playing in Classic again for a long time.

Wow, after reading this, there is no logical reason to bring him back.....

All I'm saying is that you were an example of the filler guys who join GENS A. Those are the guys who replace someone who is much better than them and it clearly makes the league worse. I'm trying to say we have a better chance of preventing this with letting Houly in, as he's good and won't get replaced as he plays all his games.

What do you mean willing to play with me? Playing against me is like playing against anyone else, stop talking like you're putting your life on the line to play me.

Am I saying you are garbage? No, it is when you replace an A player though. The fact that you can replace is garbage, not your playing skills.

Am I saying you're noob? Yes because you were a noob. No problem here.

Is it filler? Yes, you are only there because you can play your games.

It's a good example to mention your name. In GENS C I was probably better than you were right now, but it still took me 2 years of GENS C and Half of GENS B to finally reach A. You were just in because you played games, don't get offended as it's the truth.

Hang on. When A standard guys play in B & there's no competition everything's A OK, but when B guys go up to A and there's no competition it ruins it for everyone?!

Make up your FKN mind!!!!!

The difference here is that TomKabs and I were not even supposed to be placed in A, so the situations are different. We were also B players who improved over the course of the season to become A players.

lol.Lovin that bite. Just call me Houly!!...............I mean Trudatman...................erm.........forget it!

fish-hook-in-mouth.jpg

I think Robbie was referring to Dcicon who's clearly A level skill but prefers to play in B where he has a good chance to contend.

There are about 7-8 guys, including Plabax, who just beat the piss out of just about everyone below them. There are not 15 of you guys, and if you look at all the leagues that you guys start and don't finish, adding one banned guy to one league does not stop the need for having replacement coaches whenever you guys start a league, as you each randomly decide this is not the season you want to finish (probably attributed to being bored w/ your 10,000th season).

Houly is not in that 7-8 A+ level, imo. I've played him & either won or held my own in tight losses. Most A- to B+ guys I can split or win a series against, or lose w/ grace. Subbing B+ talent for A- talent doesn't affect the hierarchy of a league, as you are claiming.

There are no 16 seeds popping up as league champion come playoff time. It's a straight route, beat down, top seeds meet in the finals type setup. So, whether seed #16 is A- talent or seed #16 is B+, the result is still a loss in 4 games come playoff time, maybe in 5.

Either way, you were obviously aggravated w/ not getting your way w/ Houly, and decided to act like the zit popping twat you are. No one really gives 2 f&cks to hear your legal explanations post-fact of the words "noob" or "garbage". Just move on with it.

Edited by Brutus

Another thing to note.. 8 coaches make GENS A playoffs, if there are 8 A+ coaches all in the same level then you are only supporting my reasoning :)

There are not even 8 A+ coaches anyway so Houly would still make the playoffs and give people a run for their money.

Edited by PlabaxV2

moot means able to be debated (with difficulty in reaching a determination). it's a step easier than futile, which is exactly the kind of stuff that makes for interesting examination. I like this topic and I like that we can have these discussions openly. I'm very much glad that we can challenge staff decisions in public. as for Houly/Mav/P1zza, how about a board amnesty date where folks are allowed back in all aspects. if these people have somehow finally changed for the better, they may deserve a chance to participate again. I'm not particularly looking forward to seeing those guys around more, but are they still worse than Plaby/myself/Dickon/Icehole? probably not. one of our far and away worst members is somehow (still) a moderator but is surely not moderate in temperment, so it sure does seem a bit hypocritical to exclude guys who must have "grown up" by now. which of them has already surpassed three strikes (three times banned)? if Houly has really been given the nine chances to start fresh that I seem to recall, then maybe he should stay in exile. maybe we need a more hard and fast set of rules and a new user agreement. it sure does seem to be that some people are allowed to be worse than others. I take a lot of heat around here, but there has been some mudslinging in this thread alone that is worse than all of my worst jabs combined. anyway, great thread. please keep it going.

the real factor in all of this discussion is that houly is a dedicated member of this community and sure hes made a few booboos but damnit you guys have to keep these type of guys around to keep 94 flourishing.

the real factor in all of this discussion is that houly is a dedicated member of this community and sure hes made a few booboos but damnit you guys have to keep these type of guys around to keep 94 flourishing.

Which is why the community [should] uphold and abide standards set in the guidelines.

The type of guy houly was beore his bannng is not the type that should be kept around just because they play their games.

Again, this site is Evans creation and his rules are the ones that should be respected and followed as best possible, pretty simple.

You guys really enjoy soap operas huh?

I only came in to say that the incessant trolling is a real turn-off to adults with real responsibilities looking to unwind with some friendly competition. I expect it from Plabax considering his age, but older guys? Not so much.

You guys really enjoy soap operas huh?

I only came in to say that the incessant trolling is a real turn-off to adults with real responsibilities looking to unwind with some friendly competition. I expect it from Plabax considering his age, but older guys? Not so much.

100% completely agree.

The type of guy houly was beore his bannng is not the type that should be kept around just because they play their games.

Again, this site is Evans creation and his rules are the ones that should be respected and followed as best possible, pretty simple.

But it is what keeps 94 flourishing. Yeah you guys say respect this and respect that and it's all for fun but really do you expect people to believe you don't scream and swear at your screen when you lose? Seriously lol everyone does it.

But it is what keeps 94 flourishing. Yeah you guys say respect this and respect that and it's all for fun but really do you expect people to believe you don't scream and swear at your screen when you lose? Seriously lol everyone does it.

Absolutely, i broke my favorite 20yr old controller the other night after losing a bunch of exis to eith raph or seth.

I look at 94 as i do playing golf. Sometimes it can be frustrating as hell and u lose ur temper but name calling or attacking people on the forum because i'm competitive is not appropriate or respectful.

Yeah and that's banning from the forum and not Classic.

The risk of letting Houly play classic is so small. He'll probably finish the league with no complaints and if he doesn't, the solution is so easy as you just have to replace him. It's not like we'll have to find the Boston Bombing suspects lol just replace him with some B guy if you need too.