NHL'94 Forums

Let Houly Play Classic?

PlabaxV2

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, I'm sorry marchawg lol. I posted that at like 3am last night so I must have been in a tired daze dreaming about houly's upcoming funny posts. Marchawg made some good points I just didn't like the fact that he said if it were up to him houly wouldn't be allowed in. My fault for taking that line too seriously lol. I can't help it that I have a houly-hardon

It's nothing personal against houly. I hate seeing communities devolve into the type of material we see in this very post. It's really hard to get people interested in a community that is cliquey and filled with drama. I've seen it before. No thanks.

I hate seeing communities devolve into the type of material we see in this very post.

Jeeze lol next time ill send you a document of what I wanna post before I do to see if you approve of it or not. You're the one who chimed in siding with the non-houly clique first. Don't judge the community so harshly while bringing houly down in the process, it's not very nice that's all lol

Lol who cares lol Houly is good on the ice and that should greatly overpower his "behaviour".

This is backwards when PLAYing a GAME. Not competing in a professional sport -- playing a game with people in their personal time off.

This is backwards when PLAYing a GAME. Not competing in a professional sport -- playing a game with people in their personal time off.

Weird, IMO when it comes to sports many will agree the trash talk is one of the best parts of it when playing. In person the trash talk is just perfect and it's just as sexy over something like XBOX Live. But here, a great counter-arguement to my point is that it's so simple to keep what you have to say to yourself as you have to actually type it to the person instead of just reacting to what happens. So it is easy to be "respectful" but I know some of the "respectful" people here would be just as bad as me if we were to play in person.

It's common for people to get angry when they lose. A GAME against a little sweetie pie who sucks isn't really better than someone with bad behaviour but is good just because the guy was respectful. If you're competitive you always want to play competition over behaviour. Another example is for me in gym class at school, the kids who say "It's just a game" are the ones you DO NOT want to play with because more than 99% of the time they're the ones who are garbage at whatever you're playing while the ones who swear and get mad when you make them lose are the ones you DO want to play with because they are the ones who are actually good. Those guys are what keeps the gym class good anyway lol you can't hate on them. B)

Edited by PlabaxV2

You are totally missing the point

People come here to have fun, whether they win or lose.

People who make it NOT fun -- stressful, irritating, time-wasting -- are not welcome.

If you enjoy trash talking, that's fine as long as you do it with other people who enjoy trash talking (it's definitely not 'many' in terms of a percentage). This isn't even about trash talking, anyway, but that's another conversation. You'd get kicked out of my men's league pretty fast for trash talking people who weren't into it. Some guys chirp their friends, and that's fine and funny, but it all depends on the people involved.

Also, 'lol' at gym class

Gotta remember too trash talking is different between talking to someone (XBox Live) and typing it out. Some people take things the wrong way. Just like you can't type out sarcasm.

You are totally missing the point

People come here to have fun, whether they win or lose.

People who make it NOT fun -- stressful, irritating, time-wasting -- are not welcome.

If you enjoy trash talking, that's fine as long as you do it with other people who enjoy trash talking (it's definitely not 'many' in terms of a percentage). This isn't even about trash talking, anyway, but that's another conversation. You'd get kicked out of my men's league pretty fast for trash talking people who weren't into it. Some guys chirp their friends, and that's fine and funny, but it all depends on the people involved.

Also, 'lol' at gym class

Houly can be irritating but it is still fun playing with him. I had more fun playing Wags than I did playing Robbie. It may not be fun for some people to TALK to Houly but really lol who cares.

Even if houly is "irritating" he's still valuable to a league. If you ask someone to be in a league the first thing they'll usually ask is "Who else is playing" because they don't want to play against a bunch of junk players. They don't really care who it is as long as they have skill and I feel that's how it should be.

Seriously Plabax, every time you post another comment you show your age more & more.

The majority of people in the community can't stand those A) With the bad attitudes like Houli has had in the past and B ) Those that play stupid games like avoiding a series, dropping, pausing etc. Trash talking & being a dick and messing around so a game can't get played is all one and the same.

And yeah, I know you'll bring up that i'm a bad loser & make excuses etc etc and that's just as bad. Know what? You're absolutely right. All of this stuff takes away from others enjoyment. Back when I was playing regularly I did used to get very frustrated in the moment. Made excuses but never trashed anyone. Since coming back a few weeks ago i'd say i'm completely different now. I don't have time to take it seriously any more so it's literally just great to play a game, win or lose.

Literally every single thing you say is the exact opposite from what the vast majority of the community would say. Most here work, are married/have partners & kids. '94 is just a way to relax, chillout & have fun. When you've got some dick either talking trash to you or doing stupid Mav s**t it sucks all the fun out.

You talk about how the level of competition is all that's important. It isn't. Because you're 15 you think that. You haven't got those other things in your life yet.

This community is for everyone to enjoy, regardless of ability, age or commitment, not just for the "good players". If someone's not a regular player or not on every day they have exactly the same right to enjoy the community as the guy who's playing 50 exhis a day & playing for the A championship.

I was never that good anyway, but became maybe one of the stronger B level players when I was around all the time but you know what, we're adults. We understand that no one's winning anything major here, Anything worthwhile. It's all meaningless besides the enjoyment factor ultimately. I'll never be a competitive player again because my life doesn't give me time to play any more, so should I just stop? No, because the odd game when I can is going to give me enjoyment & be a fun way for me to keep the connection i've had with this game since childhood alive. I've got the right to do that. Someone like Orangeback is one who is only really around for the odd league.........a very good player, but should he just not bother because he'll probably never be able to commit enough to reach the top of the A league? No. It's possibly the most stupid idea ever presented on this forum to suggest a top player who's a total Ahole has more to offer that the tens of good guys who don't play every day. An Orangeblack has a far more positive influence on the community than, for example Mav (sorry Mav).

A good C & B league is just as important to growing a strong community as the A league. We're not here just for the best 5 or 6 players, & it's ridiculous to even suggest it. The community would be dead if that were the case because it would just be you 6 coming on & trash talking every day.

The number one reason that anyone does anything - Games, Sports, Watching movies, Painting, Working on cars............anything...............is because THEY ENJOY IT! If there are people around preventing that from happening it simply can't be tolerated because you, Houli, Mav, Me or anyone else doesn't have the right to give any other person a bad experience here. If every new member turns up & ENJOYS being part of this community win or lose the community grows, and whatever the skill level of the players that can only be a good thing.

& again i'll repeat (A Choas noticed this too): You're saying here: "A GAME against a little sweetie pie who sucks isn't really better than someone with bad behaviour but is good just because the guy was respectful. If you're competitive you always want to play competition over behaviour." But at the same time you were happy to be in the B league when you'd already reached A standard play (& don't start the argument again. You barely lost all season & scored an average of 6 or 7 a game. You were already A league standard). If you'd wanted the competition over level of opponent then you wouldn't have your little banner under your posts!

You just use whatever argument suits what you're talking about, regardless of if you've used the counter-argument in the past for something else.

But at the end of it all Houli's back. He's definitely a very good player & if he combines that with being a positive presence on the forums this community will be better for it.

Edited by LA Robbie

Weird, IMO when it comes to sports many will agree the trash talk is one of the best parts of it when playing. In person the trash talk is just perfect and it's just as sexy over something like XBOX Live. But here, a great counter-arguement to my point is that it's so simple to keep what you have to say to yourself as you have to actually type it to the person instead of just reacting to what happens. So it is easy to be "respectful" but I know some of the "respectful" people here would be just as bad as me if we were to play in person.

It's common for people to get angry when they lose. A GAME against a little sweetie pie who sucks isn't really better than someone with bad behaviour but is good just because the guy was respectful. If you're competitive you always want to play competition over behaviour. Another example is for me in gym class at school, the kids who say "It's just a game" are the ones you DO NOT want to play with because more than 99% of the time they're the ones who are garbage at whatever you're playing while the ones who swear and get mad when you make them lose are the ones you DO want to play with because they are the ones who are actually good. Those guys are what keeps the gym class good anyway lol you can't hate on them. B)

article-1269288-095fbc16000005dc-551_634

Yeah kupuck.. I'm not including people like you who suck and have never won anything in the span of 6 years. "94 is about including people not winning" lol I'm not interested in hearing the type of speech I heard from the girls I used to yell at for "not being very good" at soccer.

I'm talking about COMPETITIVE players

Edited by PlabaxV2

Gotta remember too trash talking is different between talking to someone (XBox Live) and typing it out. Some people take things the wrong way. Just like you can't type out sarcasm.

Ain't that the truth h,how many times have you joked around with messaging your wife or girlfriend and next thing you know your in deep trouble hehe