NHL'94 Forums

The Ultimate List

Has this been done before? Lets create a list here of every possible change you can make to our favorite game on the emulator.

I've noticed player changes, uniform changes, crease sizes etc.

But just how far can you go with this?

94!!!!

Has this been done before? Lets create a list here of every possible change you can make to our favorite game on the emulator.

I've noticed player changes, uniform changes, crease sizes etc.

But just how far can you go with this?

94!!!!

The dream: FIGHTING [probably will never happen]

shootouts after the 5/10 min OT

This is a dream list. I know some of these things won't happen.

Better pass reception (fewer passes bouncing right off your stick)

Season mode

Line changes without dumping the puck in

No skating backwards

This is a dream list. I know some of these things won't happen.

Better pass reception (fewer passes bouncing right off your stick)

Season mode

Line changes without dumping the puck in

No skating backwards

See nhl 93 :P

All you have to do is transplant the gameplay and graphics from 93/94 into 95. Season/stats/trades are already there.

Only thing I would like is: when a player is injured have an ambulance come out and run over everyone on the the ice while picking up the injured player, like in Madden 92. And if a player gets crunched into the boards have him wobble around for like ten seconds (he can still carry the puck/shoot/pass) like when a player gets punched out bloody in 93.

And if a player gets crunched into the boards have him wobble around for like ten seconds (he can still carry the puck/shoot/pass) like when a player gets punched out bloody in 93.

I like how in 94, hitting a guy into the boards makes him get hit harder. If you time things correctly, you can catch a player too close to the boards .. and "WHAMO! Big mistake, sucker!" It's just one of those lovable '94 quirks! I wouldn't want him to be able to hold on to the puck. But it would be cool if they wobbled sometimes instead of always just falling down.

Only thing I would like is: when a player is injured have an ambulance come out and run over everyone on the the ice while picking up the injured player, like in Madden 92.

That was the best part of any video game to date. Nothing will ever match the ambulance running over players. Honestly, what was EA thinking when they made it? "Hey, wouldn't it be great to have an ambulance come out and run over players? I really think it will really make the game more realistic." "AWWW, YEAH! Surely the ambulance running players over will put us over that hump and make this game much better than that Tecmo Super-garbage they are putting out." Too bad EA doesn't think like that anymore... they are too busy making crap like NHL 2006.

I kind of wanted a complete list of POSSIBLE changes for the emulator. Is this not the place for it or does no-one really care?

9-4

A list of "possible" changes to me would mean stuff that could be done right now if someone had the time.

Stuff like:

• Editing the Player names

• Editing the Player ratings

• Editing the Team names

• Editing the Team uniform colors

• Editing the Team overall ratings

• Editing the Ice color, center ice logos, goal crease and just about any rink graphics

• Editing the Period lengths

• Editing the Intro graphics

• Editing the Startup banners, startup logos, menu defaults, playoff matchups

• Editing the Player star, puck, net

• Editing how many Players are on a team

• Editing the Length of the penalties

Should I keep going?

-Evan

Something I think might be possible, based on using Gamesharks and things like that...taking the field goal netting from, say, Madden '94 or a game coded somewhat similarly, and putting it above the glass behind the nets. A nice touch of realism.

Thanks Evan. You know what I'm talking about.

Way to be on the radio too eh?! :D

Except for one thing

NHL94 Super NES kicks Genesis ass!

By the waycamkneely, not to knock your idea but I can't stand the nets behind the glass. :D We should just superimpose helmets on all the kids heads, like they ought to do in real life.

Is it possible to create an emulator that has one team from genesis and one from SNES? Let the showdown begin...

Cam Kneely. Are you in Boston or Vancouver?

Will this net block the view of the bottom half of the screen like it does in real life? B)

Should I just call you Sea Bass?

By the way, who here is member No. 94?

• 2 weeks later...
A list of "possible" changes to me would mean stuff that could be done right now if someone had the time.

Stuff like:

• Editing the Player names

• Editing the Player ratings

• Editing the Team names

• Editing the Team uniform colors

• Editing the Team overall ratings

• Editing the Ice color, center ice logos, goal crease and just about any rink graphics

• Editing the Period lengths

• Editing the Intro graphics

• Editing the Startup banners, startup logos, menu defaults, playoff matchups

• Editing the Player star, puck, net

• Editing how many Players are on a team

• Editing the Length of the penalties

Should I keep going?

-Evan

Yes please, keep going

• 4 weeks later...