NHL'94 Forums

GDL X - Playoffs!

kingraph

UPDATED 09.02.13 9:00 pm.

The season is over and the playoffs ready to begin! Here are the matchups based on the final playoff standings.

ROB BARR CONFERENCE

1. kingraph

8. da94wookie

2. swos

7. dcicon5148

3. Vocally Caged

6. Freydey

4. kgman

5. Zalex

MARK LESSER CONFERENCE

1. IceStorm70

8. houly

2. Carse

7. nahkahomo

3. Plabax

6. eggink444

4. BoKnowsNHL94

5. minpind

Here is the Playoff ROM:GDL_SeasonXPlayoffs_RD1.bin

Playoffs are a best of 7 series. The higher seed can choose if he wants to play home or away. The ROM has all of the matchups set in the playoff tree, so only one person has to host and you can start a New Playoffs/7 game series. You can toggle on and off your matchup a few times to flip the home and away teams.

You can play your matchups right away, and hopefully Plabax will have the playoffs updated on the site soon. Let's try to get each round done in one week!

Good luck!

couldnt make it sunday night...jaylighter gets my spot?? f**k you

Yeah they need some exceptions or a better method to decide the seeds, this penalty where you lose 2 DNP is way too rough.

Frey was the GDL 8 champ and he was on vacation and had to deal with school, he played 41 games and had 18 points over jay. It really is rough.

Yeah they need some exceptions or a better method to decide the seeds, this penalty where you lose 2 DNP is way too rough.

Frey was the GDL 8 champ and he was on vacation and had to deal with school, he played 41 games and had 18 points over jay. It really is rough.

Now's not the time to argue the DNP penalties. I agree it sucks Frey isn't in the playoffs and the champ will always have an asterisk IMO. But we can't change rules simply because this time a great player was eliminated.

The deadlines have been out there since day 1 so there's really no excuse for having 15 games left on the last day of the regular season. Similar thing happened to me in NHL91 that Jesus was running. I got boned, sucked, bitched about it and but moved on because in the end had no excuse.

I have an excuse. I've said a couple of times that i wasnt really enthusiast to go throught a whole season during the summer, but you guys decided to start the league anyways with the most retarded freekin wtga deadlines. I drafted my team in what february? The league was on hold for like 5 months but we have to respect those strict deadlines to go on with the playoff, which will, as usual, last longer than the regular season. I thought being up by 20pts or so would secure my playoff spot, especially since the last time i went on forums, i saw that I was like 6th in the projected standings.. Really wanted to play some games on sunday but I was working until 9pm then I had other things in mind. Whatever, if you rather have guys that are ,330 in playoff so be it, might improve your chances to win.

I could play right now!! but no the playoff have started, as you can see...with all those games played...yeah. fggs

Honestly frey, i thought they were a little ridiculous too but look how many people played 90%+ of their games by the deadline.

No one would rather have a .330 win % over a previous champ but the deadlines ave been there since day 1.

Talk it over with Jay and get his thoughts.

Yeah it makes me wonder, if so many people have played then why do we even have the DNP penalties? 2 PTS is wayy too much for every game not played when everyone had over 40 GP

Good question, we should revisit the DNP penalties for GDL XI. Maybe put them to a vote by the 24 GM's.

Jay, being the awesome bud that he is, is passing. He's also moving in a week and wouldn't be able to play anyway if we extend. It's easing what is a controversial situation.

This is not an easy situation. We all know Frey is one of the favorites, he's respected, and it doesn't feel right he's not in the playoffs. The other 23 coaches managed to play 96% of their games, but Frey fell 1 day short. I'm not going to ramble on, I think we are all aware of the situation, and with Frey in the playoffs, this feels right. Especially given how wacky GDL X has been.

SO

I have updated the playoff scenarios and will issue a new ROM in the next few mins. Let's GA

Well how about everyone just get their games done when you are available !!
Like I've said before Im at work 13 hrs a day do family stuff ,go on vacations AND I STILL get all my games done weeks before anyone.When your available ,stay off adult sites master bating and play your damn games jeepers creepers

Edited by hokkeefan

you guys have to stick to the rules !! no matter who it is ...carse or freydey ,.kingraph ,icestorm,if you slack and you miss cause of dnps ,then your fing OUT !! I hate the favoritism around here,no matter who you are you cant get in even if u miss by 1 point or whatever,stick to the rules !!!

you guys have to stick to the rules !! no matter who it is ...carse or freydey ,.kingraph ,icestorm,if you slack and you miss cause of dnps ,then your fing OUT !! I hate the favoritism around here,no matter who you are you cant get in even if u miss by 1 point or whatever,stick to the rules !!!

I think the -2 is a good idea just not a flat application across the board. plabax, the problem with your thought that he was penalized by being a 6 seed, in theory thats true, but frey not playing all his games greatly impacts other teams. What if someone misses the playoffs by 2 points and only had 2 games left (all against frey), is it fair that frey can slack off because he's good meanwhile another guy plays all his games but misses the playoffs because frey did just enough to get a seed?

Lots to consider, but imo penalties for DNPs is a must. Just determining who gets te DNP as opposed to flat aplication is he problem.

The -2 for dnp's seems fair to me. If you don't make time for your games there has to be a consequence. I don't remember the dnp penalty being an issue in the spring classic. I think freys problem was different as he just wasn't available this summer and should have dropped out. However, I'm sure he didn't want to lose his spot in this awesome league. So maybe there should be a way to sit out a season and come back the next without going through waitlist.

Edited by jackandjose

There is a way JJ, I actually dropped from 9 after the draft due to some personal issues (wife, kid, family time etc).

I agree summer typically is tough but its incredible that 20 out of 24 teams played 50+ games within the 8 week schedule.

2 points DNP is not a problem, lol. Ignore Plabax's trolling.

Let's remember something -- Frey is not the victim of some sort of bad system. They system is fine (and it's probably why we use this in every league). Frey was too busy (or "had other things on his mind" Sunday) to play his games and he missed the playoffs. It's pretty simple, and we shouldn't be wasting our time thinking about a new system because one person couldn't make the commitment.